Hang over blues? - Take a bow, rafa.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby marcus.c » Thu May 05, 2005 4:28 am

It's funny how things can change in a matter of days for chelski FC. Last week, they were on top of the world after clinching their first EPL title in 50 YEARS! The same crop of players that won at Bolton, came crushing down at Anfield.

The sight of John Terry weeping uncontrollably at the final whistle summed up the somber mood in chelski camp. It also shows how important the game was. And trust me, they would love to win the Champions League title more then the EPL title.

But hey, that's the Beautiful Game for you.

JM aka 'the special one' may not have seen anything beautiful at Anfield. On a night where his all conquering Blues were favorites to reach their first champions league final, it was US, THE REDS who had the last laugh.

I cannot believe he actually has the cheek to lamented after the match that the best team lost. He also lambasted the linesman for awarding the goal. Perhaps Mr Know It All should point the finger at himself. Dubbed as the one with the divine touch, JM was completely clueless as to how to break down RB resolute red.

After the game, I suppose he must be doing a lot of pondering on his way home. Should he have started with Robben from the start to add more width to the attack?

Should he have activated Plan B when his players could not find a way through the Great Red Wall of Liverpool?

But hang on... in the first place; did he have a plan B?

Was it a case of overconfident? Was it because they suffered from a hangover over the weekend?

So many questions, so few answers. Not that it mattered.

The plain truth is Chelski's dream of a treble is OVER and WE have reached our first Euro cup final in 20 long years. A spot that we belong, a cup that we used to own.

The fatal mistake made by chelski was that they should have killed the game at Stamford Bridge, not Anfield. They caused their own downfall. On the surface, the goalless draw seems to looked like a good result for them but the fact is Liverpool had the advantage. After we scored the early goal, our confidence must be soaring. If we can stop Juve from scoring at Turin, why can't we stop Chelski from scoring at Anfield?

Mourinho may be "The Special One". But to me, Benitez is SIMPLE THE ONE!
marcus.c

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu May 05, 2005 5:53 pm

marcus.c wrote:It's funny how things can change in a matter of days for chelski FC. Last week, they were on top of the world after clinching their first EPL title in 50 YEARS! The same crop of players that won at Bolton, came crushing down at Anfield.

The sight of John Terry weeping uncontrollably at the final whistle summed up the somber mood in chelski camp. It also shows how important the game was. And trust me, they would love to win the Champions League title more then the EPL title.

But hey, that's the Beautiful Game for you.

JM aka 'the special one' may not have seen anything beautiful at Anfield. On a night where his all conquering Blues were favorites to reach their first champions league final, it was US, THE REDS who had the last laugh.

I cannot believe he actually has the cheek to lamented after the match that the best team lost. He also lambasted the linesman for awarding the goal. Perhaps Mr Know It All should point the finger at himself. Dubbed as the one with the divine touch, JM was completely clueless as to how to break down RB resolute red.

After the game, I suppose he must be doing a lot of pondering on his way home. Should he have started with Robben from the start to add more width to the attack?

Should he have activated Plan B when his players could not find a way through the Great Red Wall of Liverpool?

But hang on... in the first place; did he have a plan B?

Was it a case of overconfident? Was it because they suffered from a hangover over the weekend?

So many questions, so few answers. Not that it mattered.

The plain truth is Chelski's dream of a treble is OVER and WE have reached our first Euro cup final in 20 long years. A spot that we belong, a cup that we used to own.

The fatal mistake made by chelski was that they should have killed the game at Stamford Bridge, not Anfield. They caused their own downfall. On the surface, the goalless draw seems to looked like a good result for them but the fact is Liverpool had the advantage. After we scored the early goal, our confidence must be soaring. If we can stop Juve from scoring at Turin, why can't we stop Chelski from scoring at Anfield?

Mourinho may be "The Special One". But to me, Benitez is SIMPLE THE ONE!

As ever Marcus, great post lad, although it really didn't need a new thread.

PS Maureen's Plan B as you put it was to play Robert Huth up front on his own !
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby marcus.c » Thu May 05, 2005 6:09 pm

Jose was hopping to get a freekick or a corner at the dying moments so that Huth could obstruct the goalkeeper view or movement and they would have a chance to score. Same old trick...
marcus.c

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu May 05, 2005 7:51 pm

Good post marcus.

It's funny how things can change in a matter of days for chelski FC. Last week, they were on top of the world after clinching their first EPL title in 50 YEARS! The same crop of players that won at Bolton, came crushing down at Anfield.

The fact there is we are much much better than bolton. Also mourinho was saying before the game the Champions League wasn't important to him because he already has a medal for winning it. Possibly may have rubbed off on the players. Mind you gallas' reaction when the final whistle blew  :laugh:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri May 06, 2005 12:05 am

Great post mate, nice read..thks
76-1115222408

Return to Premiership - General Discussion