All's not lost

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:03 pm

I think only the top 4 should go in... in fact if I'm totally honest, only the champions should go in.

Maybe we might start aiming higher than 4th every season.

The great Liverpool teams whi won the European Cup four times had to do it the hard way, by winning the league the season before... Real Champions!!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:30 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I think only the top 4 should go in... in fact if I'm totally honest, only the champions should go in.

Maybe we might start aiming higher than 4th every season.

The great Liverpool teams whi won the European Cup four times had to do it the hard way, by winning the league the season before... Real Champions!!!

That is why Bob Paisley will always be the greatest manager of all time!!!  :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:06 pm

Didn't Forest get to enter the European cup to defend their trophy even thought Liverpool won the league, both teams went through (They beat us too in the first round, before my time though)

Come to think about it, the European cup champions sometimes won their league that season and sometimes they didn't so some years would have had one more team in the tournament.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion