Houliers definitely mad - He's lost it

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby big al » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:51 pm

I don't care what the Houlier loyalsits think the guy bloody bonkers. 

If he'd take his nose out of the backsides of the press he'd realise that silence is golden.  This so called gentleman that some people keep referring about is a bloody nightmare.

If he's not publicily blaming players at share holders meetings he's humilating fellow managers with absolute paranoia in the press.  I don't read the sun but by all accounts Houlier seems to do his best work there.  He comes under attack and instead of having the wit to ride it out, he calls fans arogant and stupid rubbishes players from other teams for gamesmanship.

Be honest how many times have you heard him complain about other teams palyers for diving or cheating.  If he'd ever had kicked a ball he know that that's the way it goes some you win some you lose. But no not Houlier someone has to get the balme and its not him. 

I've never heard him say, like other managers that perhaps tactics were wrong, Example: in football manager speak "the conditions did'nt suit us as well as our opponents"  in other words I f##ked up.

In addition to playing people out of position he plays people who would'nt get on a Sunday league team.  Yes he's bought some great players but he has systematically set about destroying their confidence.  Babble is but one example.  I could give you so many other example of why he's s##t but this lastest episode with Hamann is really p#ssing me off.  Doing your dirty washing in public is not even amateur its bloody disgraceful.

If Houlier does nothing else he should at least learn how to conduct himself properly and with the due respect his players deserve not with there career being put on the back page of some little shitty rag that only a##hole Man U supporters read.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:17 pm

yeah, letting Babbel go on loan is a hugh mistake. He is 10 times better than biscan.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:26 pm

Hey, Al, here's an example of what Britain's most successful manager, Alex Ferguson thinks of him. When Houllier was getting stick last season during that terrible run, Ferguson said......'' I don't understand all the criticism he gets. He's done a terrific job at Anfield''........Yeah, you can almost HEAR Ferguson having a laugh.

He has done such a terrific job that LFC is no longer a threat to the mighty Man United. Can you EVER imagine Ferguson saying that Wenger was doing a terrific job at Highbury? Er, no he wouldn't.

Did any of you see that article which I mentioned.? The Telegraph two page spread about our manager and his philosophy for the future? It was nauseating cr*p. It was all about his opinions of himself, his illness and his successes in turning the club around. Yeah, right.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:43 pm

My point above is a real one.

We have ended up with the team and the manager whom we deserve because we sit there in silence.

Every member of this board could do the fans a BIG favour by writing letters to Rick Parry and copied to Moores. I have sent three, two this season, one last season.

I kept it non emotional but fact based......like a number of the posts here. Really, it would have an impact.

Parry's last response to me was tetchy, to say the least, but at least he'll do you the courtesy of a response.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:23 pm

couldnt have said it better myself big al
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:28 pm

Thanks Dav I always liked you maybe because your my twin by the way which ones the best looking you or me.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:19 pm

Red and blue what address did you send you letter to Rick Parry for him to recieve it?

Just curious :)
115-1073096938

Postby supersub » Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:20 pm

Stu I'll attempt to answer your question to redandblue;
          If you address the letter to:Mr Rick Parry
                                                Chief Executive,
                                                Liverpool Football Club,
                                                Anfield Road,
                                                Liverpool 4
There is a good chance it will arrive on his desk next day with a first class stamp.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Red » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:04 am

Copy of an interview with Boumsong, whether you wanted him at LFC or not, he reinforces Big Als point.

The Auxerre defender has recently signed a pre-contract with Scottish champions Rangers, and will move to Ibrox on a free transfer at the end of the season. However, it seemed almost certain that Boumsong would end up on Merseyside, and according to the 24-year-old, this would have been the case were it not for Reds boss Houllier.

"At the end of last season, an agreement had been found between Liverpool and Auxerre," Boumsong said. "Gerard Houllier explained that this agreement had to be put to the board of Liverpool and I awaited confirmation, but no news came.

"After having patience in November I knew Houllier did not want me anymore, even after what had been carried out with me and Auxerre. I find this attitude surprising, especially when he said a little later that I did not deserve to wear the shirt of Liverpool.

"I question his integrity and I am not the first who has done. He does things that are simply distressing and I wonder a little whether a man like that deserves to be in charge of such a club. The way he treats players tarnishes the image of the club."
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby redandblue » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:08 pm

Supersub got the correct address......direct to the club. I've wriiten three to Parry over the past 18 months and two to Houllier quite a while ago. Got a response each time. They are good at that.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:14 pm

redandblue wrote:Supersub got the correct address......direct to the club. I've wriiten three to Parry over the past 18 months and two to Houllier quite a while ago. Got a response each time. They are good at that.

How would I write a letter to Houllier? What address?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:22 pm

I'd very much doubt if the men themselves read these letters.....thats what secretaries are for.

That said, Parry got some grief last week for replying to fan mail.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby sunburntred » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:26 pm

??? I am an exiled Scouser living abroad, and I too read the reports on Boumsong going to Rangers. I have no problem with that. I don't care if they are worth their weight in gold, if at the end of the day they don't want to sign for Liverpool Football Club. Then F*#k them. Boumsong took his article to the Sun, and we all know what lying snivvelling ba#ta#ds they are. Houllier replied today and he just might have a case. On Houllier himself I still have my reservations, to be content with maybe achieving 4th place is NOT GOOD ENOUGH for Liverpool F.C. Paisley must be rotating in his grave now.
sunburntred

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:33 pm

We need Martin O'Neill at Liverpool F.C. for next season. The board have to face the truth and admit that as long as we have Gerrard Houllier as the team manager and the current roster of players, we have absolutely no chance of winning the FA Premiership. As it stands right now, fourth place looks dubious and lets just say that we manage somehow to get fourth, is that something to be proud of? Are Liverpool F.C. now a club that considers fourth place a good season? For arguments sake, let's say that we scrape into the fourth place berth, then this only takes us into the Qualifying Phase of the Champions League. Assuming we get through that, then we would be faced with the prospect of meeting Real Madrid, Juventus, Milan, etc. Can we seriously expect to beat these teams? They would kill us. We're still not even assured of UEFA Cup success and we're thinking about the UEFA Champion's League??? Instead of worrying about a new stadium, we should stay at Anfield, bring in O'Neill and concentrate on building a new team, a mixture of home grown talent and new foreign stars who have a solid workrate, and combine this with the remaining players we have now, after we have let Martin O'Neill clear out the excess players.

That's just my opinion anyway.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:52 pm

Your Opinion is very much appreciate TMP and welcome to the forum.
big al
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion