Why martin o`neill ? - Has he special abilities ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thor Viking » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:49 pm

I see on the board here taht many of those who want GH out also want MON in. Why is that ? I mean, if you`re manager of Rangers or Celtic how can you NOT succeed ?
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:53 pm

he took celtic to the uefa cup final which was an achievement in itself. anyway, it's what he did before celtic which is impressive. he won trophies at leicester with no money for example. that got him the celtic job. everyone should stop speculating because he won't be our next manager anyway.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby big al » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:25 pm

Houllier took Liverpool to the Eufa cup final, but he won.  Thor I'm not convinced about O'Niell but I rather he was running the team than Houllier.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dom1 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:27 pm

not the Eufa cup, everton won that in 1997.

Liverpool got to the Uefa Cup final :D  :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Owzat » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:24 pm

Thor Viking wrote:I see on the board here taht many of those who want GH out also want MON in. Why is that ? I mean, if you`re manager of Rangers or Celtic how can you NOT succeed ?

Exactly! It's like winning the two ball lottery
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thor Viking » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:39 pm

big al wrote:Houllier took Liverpool to the Eufa cup final, but he won.  Thor I'm not convinced about O'Niell but I rather he was running the team than Houllier.

I read a lot of statements concerning GH and many wishes regarding his departure. WHY isn`t he welcome anymore ? WHY isn`t he the right man anymore ? Didn`t he suffer from heartproblems some time ago ? Did the team make good results then ? ???  :O
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:30 pm

Thor Viking wrote:
big al wrote:Houllier took Liverpool to the Eufa cup final, but he won.  Thor I'm not convinced about O'Niell but I rather he was running the team than Houllier.

I read a lot of statements concerning GH and many wishes regarding his departure. WHY isn`t he welcome anymore ? WHY isn`t he the right man anymore ? Didn`t he suffer from heartproblems some time ago ? Did the team make good results then ? ???  :O

People are quick to forget that we had 3 good years of progession. If they don't want him in charge of Liverpool that is one thing but I don't agree with the abuse he receives.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:40 pm

I know the Scottish league sucks ***** + it is a 2 ball lottery. However,  Rangers won something like 11 championships in 12 years. I think O'neil deserves a little bit of credit for that. MON or GH? mmmm thats a tough one :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:18 pm

Oneill makes players better.Houllier makes players worse.Simple really.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:21 pm

O'Neill and Houllier have one thing in common - the ability to make (some) people believe in them. Until O'Neill does it at a higher level with a big club, he's just a man with a big reputation unwilling to put that reputation to the test
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:05 pm

O'Niell makes the players believe Houllier makes the whole fox network including that shitty rag the sin believe t#s#ers
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion