Martin o'neill - Not comming!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Gareth G » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:16 pm

I just seen a report and it claim's O'Neill will not be departing from Celtic this summer.

He said "im not going, how many time's do i have to say it?"

So that's him off the job then, there is a chance that it could be a cover up but i very much doubt that. Who else do you guy's think is fit enough to take over the job?
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dennisokoh » Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:09 pm

We may well have to look at some of the other Good managers around really
George Graham
Gordon Strachan
Fabio Capello
?Phil Thompson

D.
dennisokoh

Postby Gareth G » Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:30 pm

Yeah i guess we will but i only see two manager's off you're list i would be slighlty comfortable with, i definitely would'nt want Gearge Graham, i mean he's a good manager but he's not right for us i feel. I think Gordon Strachan could maybe do something with us but im not sure on that one, it would be a big step forward for him as he's never been in charge of a club of our caliber. But on the other hand he is experianced in being under pressure with relagation battle's etc and when you look at what he's done with Southampton it is quite remarkable. I do think Thompson would maybe be good man to take over, i thought about it often when Houllier had his heart scare, he done exceptionly well and never lost a game. He is very passionate about Liverpool too which would help and he does'nt take any cr#p, i think he know's what Liverpool need's and would more than likely do good in my opinion but what i do'nt know is how long it would take him to get into the way of thing's.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redlester » Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:13 pm

I am emailing from Northern Ireland and the local media today have been full of the Martin O'Neill story in advance of the old firm game tomorrow. The word is that he will be coming to Lpool but that it won't be until the summer. I'm still hoping
Redlester

Postby Gareth G » Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:18 pm

Well we will just have to see, i still have some hope but i'm not as confident now.

BTW i'm in Northern Ireland too, Belfast to be precise!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:08 pm

yeah, local radio here in dublin is reporting that Oneill has already signed a pre contract agreement to join liverpool in the summer.He has denied it,but that would be logical considering he still has a job to finish with celtic.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:35 pm

There's too much smoke about this fire. 

I heard a guy who lives next door to Celtic midfielder Paul Lambert wanted to put as much money as possible on a bet that O'Neill would be the next Liverpool manager.  The bookmaker didn't have a market though because Houllier is still in charge.  It is the talk of Glasgow apparently.

I'm absolutely convinced he's going to be our next manager, provided Gerard Houllier doesn't perform a modern day miracle.

By the way fellas and ladies, Happy Xmas and New Year, I haven't been on here in a couple of weeks.
jonnymac1979

Postby Gareth G » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:05 pm

I do'nt know what is going on but they sure are keeping it low, it's the done thing these day's to keep thing's quiet then all of a sudden it burst's out who's joined who. I still hope that what O'Neill said is just something to disguise his future!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:18 pm

I think this subject should be put on the shelf till the summer because Houllier won't be sacked,it's more likely he may resign at the end of the season if we fail to qualify for the champions league.Martin O'Neill will not leave Celtic until at least the end of this season,possibly even longer.I doubt whether he is a genuine target of the Liverpool board anyway.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby gaz31 » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:44 pm

I HEARD THAT THE LIVERPOOL BOARD ARE GOING TO GIVE GH A VOTE OF CONFIDENCE ......
BUT IT WAS ONLY SOME MATES FROM THE PUB WHO TOLD ME , DO YOU THINK THERES ANY TRUTH IN IT???
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redlester » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:42 pm

In politics the fact that anyone has to give you a vote of confidence is a sure fire sign that you are on your way out. I very much doubt that GH is capable of a modern day miracle - I wish he was but I don't think so. He talks of Yeovil Town players not according Liverpool the respect they are due but seems to forget that respect has to be earned it is not due as a matter of right and this season this team, under his management, has not earned it. I watched the old firm game today - Martin O'Neill lived every nanosecond of that game - his passion was there for all to see - that and some very good man management is just what Liverpool needs. My money is still on him as the next manager at the start of the next season. Sorry GH but its results that count and there is no room for sentimentalism in this game
Redlester

Postby azriahmad » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:15 am

Even if O'Neill had signed a pre-contract to become the manager next summer or he had advanced negotiations with a member of the Liverpool board, both parties won't be foolish enough to admit publicly at this stage because there remains a lot to do at the respective clubs and a matter of de-stabilising both Liverpool and Celtic.
I think Martin O'Neill will move this summer, only that we don't know where he will go to. He has reached the end at Celtic in so far as a challenging career is concerned because he can't take Celtic any further.
Sometimes in life, you look for a fresh challenge necause you want to seek a new environment, getting excited at the prospect of new achievements and possibilities and how much you can be a big part of that possibilities. It is not always that you will only leave to a bigger club or company, but more so at trying to achieve new things at a different place which keeps fuelling your enthusiasm for your work. I think O'Neill has this in mind...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leothelion » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:22 am

I DONT LISTEN TO RUMOURS ABOUT O NEILL COMING TO LIVERPOOL ANY MORE I HEARD ALL THESE RUMOURS AT THE START OF LAST SEASON AND STILL WAITING .
LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTILL THE SUMMER TO SEE WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN
FINGERS CROSSED UNTILL THEN
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:32 am

Anybody think Alan Curbishley could do the job for LFC ? i do , he's astute in the transfer market, gets the best out of players and tactically he is very aware, plus he might bring Scott Parker with him. He has kept Di Cannio happy even when the Italian Madman hasn't been picked, something Roeder failed to do last season.(Keep Di cannio) happy that is LOL   :p
Also he is respected and esteemed throughout the game. he certainly comes across as a honourable guy, which is more than can be said for Sir Andrex and Arsene Whinger ! LOL

Welcome any comments ....Walk on ....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:39 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion