Another vintage liverpool performance - Stop

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby fivecups » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:45 am

Completely agree Dalglish. Looking at the two teams on paper, knowing the troubles of our season, it was difficult to see how we could possibly go through, but we have done - and it's fantastic!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:34 am

Me and my Dad were talking about the FA Cup game with Burnley last night after the match and Benitez was being interviewed.  He didn’t maybe understand the magnitude and importance of the FA Cup in this country, but his attitude at the time, rightly or wrongly, was that he didn’t understand why everybody was so bothered about being knocked out of the domestic cup, when he clearly believed that we would win the Champions League.

Maybe people were pessimistic at the time, but I am really starting to believe that if this man can get us to the semi-finals on a threadbare squad, maybe he can pull the rabbit out of the hat in the final three games available in this competition.  Who doubts him now?

Chelsea are there for the taking I believe.  If we're talking the European Cup, and we are, they are no better than us, and have been lucky to beat us this season in other competitions when they have.

There has been something special about European nights down the years at our great club, and no matter what the result at Stamford Bridge, where I believe we will score, Anfield in the return leg, which will be the venue to decide who contests the European Cup final, will be absolutely electric, more than anything Chelsea could imagine, we will have that twelfth man again and I believe we can do this.

It can’t come round quick enough for me.
jonnymac1979

Postby Judge » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:37 am

got back early hours this morning, but still came into work

i have no nails left.......and they made us stay back for a while.....alot of us were wondering why we couldnt go first and straight to the airport.........nonetheless...it was great. i think i'll have my drink tonight

ynwa :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:56 am

Jonny you're right, the atmosphere when Chelsea come to Anfield is gonna be ABSOLUTELY SENSATIONAL :cool:

Chelsea's fans will never have witnessed anything like it in their wildest dreams, they're gonna see what it's like to be a real club and a real team. Bring 'em on!!
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:41 pm

You just know Chelsea are thinking: we'll 'ave that and are already thinking of a final against AC Milan.

Plays right into our hands. Last season nobody gave Chelsea a chance against Arsenal, yet look what happened.

They've beaten us three times this season already, now is the time for some pay back!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Woollyback » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:42 pm

we were robbed blind at anfield and they know it. as you say JBG, it's payback time
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum