Trouble brewing

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:42 am

Reds fan attacked in Turin

Police in Turin have detained eight Juventus supporters following an attack on a visiting fan from Liverpool late on Tuesday night.

The assault happened around midnight, less than 24 hours before the start of Juventus' Champions League quarter-final second leg against Liverpool at the Delle Alpi.

Security for the game is high as the contest is between the two teams involved in the Heysel Stadium disaster 20 years ago, when 39 spectators died as a result of crowd trouble.

The Liverpool fan received treatment on the scene but did not go to hospital.

Turin police spokeswoman Cecilia Tartoni said: "Last night, a group of Juventus fans entered a pub in the city centre where a group of English supporters were.

"There was an argument, and a Liverpool fan was hit in the head with a bat by one of the Juventus fans.

"The Liverpool fan received medical attention in the pub. He did not have to go to hospital, and the prognosis is that he will recover in seven days. He will still go to the game tonight."

Tartoni said that police acted swiftly after the attack.

"Twenty Juventus fans were stopped by the police," she said.

"We searched the vehicles, and their homes and we found baseball bats and other weapons. Eight of them have been detained by police for being in possession of arms."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:43 am

from a Liverpool fan.

Well, what a very mixed night. The Chelsea result went down well amongts the Juve fans, although they say they would much rather play Bayern in the semi, of course we had to remind them that they would have to wait at lest another year before that happened.
The mood was great and everyone was having a good old discussion on football in general. Then news filtered in about the Milan incodent, and a group of Juve fans walked up to our table (Which consisted of mixed fans) grabbed one of our flags and attempted to set fire to it. More chillingly they informed us that far worse was going to happen tonight, and that it's in Liverpools interest that they lose, and added that regardless of the result they were going all out for revenge quoting an eye for an eye

With that, and credit to all the Reds in the bar, they started singing YNWA and all walked out together, me included with the odd Juve fans.

I was a bit of a wuss really, as the reality hit home, I went back to my digs and laid low for the rest of the night.

Upon waking this morning outside my digs was a very well appreciated pennant, with the words on the back 'We are not all like that, Football will be the only winner tonight'

Not sure what today has in store, and the good thing now is there is a complete alcohol ban on, and lst night you were only able to buy 1 bottle of beer in the local supermarkets, to prevent stockpiling.

I'm sure that last night was in the minority, and I will not let it mar my visit here, but it just goes to show, we really have to be vigilant, and more importantly, we need to be in groups of at least 10 or more if you are walking around Turin

The mood has changed somewhat from a carnival atmosphere, to one more of a serious one, and tension.

Going back to the incident in Milan, I have to take my hat off to the Juve fans who did noting but condem the actions, and agreed it was time the problem in Italy was addressed, maybe it's time UEFA banned Inter like they did English Clubs. I feel it would be unfair to ban all Italian clubs, the Champions Cup would be less without them, and you cannot ignore what could happen in the Final in Turkey of all places !!
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:46 am

You cant let these people win, you just cant. Them saying its in Liverpools best interest to loose tonight ???  what kind of threat is that supposed to be.
i mean come on asif oh we will let Juve beat us so you dont beat us up.
Whether we win or loose they will want to beat our fans up no matter the result.
As these are not football fans they are just violent thugs.
And UEFA are a f@cking joke. why friday? Why not today and send a message out to these fans?

P.issed off I am.
Hope all our fans return without injury and unscathed.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:50 am

On the radio this morning about 30 fans have decided not to go over with a group. This manc fella but he was a liverpool fan paid over 1000 pound for him and his 2 sons, should have flown out this morning, got on to the service station and turned back decided its not worth risking his or his kids lives for.
Comes to something when you are being threatened and bullyied over not going to support your team.
The quicker someone does something about these Ultras the better. :angry:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:55 am

at least the police intervened quickly ... but it seems as if he was alone ... the fans have to stick together for this one, more of them = less chance of the ultras using violence ...
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:57 am

Lock this topic mods, maybe to many Juve topics :blush:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:37 pm

Bye dont forget your coat.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion