Liverpool vs. marseille - Thoughts and views

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:02 am

Even though i didn't watch the game, i found it was a 1 -1 draw at Anfield. According to a fulltime report, we conceaded the Drogba goal with poor defending. But I do know Marseilie played very well. I'am not worried about Owen at all, he just needs his time to find his feet and he is quality anyway. Baros has been great so far so thats not a problem but the defense is p#ssing me off.

The boss says hes confident about getting through at the second leg but i don't think so anyway. We'll draw 1 -1 and then loose in extra time or penelties.

Are first lineup is a bunch of quality players (some of them) so that means we're just as good as Arsenal, Man Utd. and Chelsea. In some games, we can't even cause some damage for instance loosing against Portsmouth twice and drawing against Leeds Utd who are rock bottom of the premiership and as i say, like a club like LFC, we just have to win. Holluier jus pisses me off and this shows with such a good starting lineup hes cr#p and i say cr#p twice tacticlly in some games and we don't finish our chances.

Holluier says he can snatch the win against Marsielle to go through but to me, i feel somethings gonna happen andwe wont get through but we might do.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:16 am

i think we're good enough to win in france, as we did in bulgaria although marseille is a better side than levski. I think we can get a 2-1 result, doubt we'll keep a clean sheet.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Coley » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:53 am

We were sh##e last night.  Most of the players (Stevie and Milan aside) looked liked they needed a good slap to wake them up and that includes Owen.  Murphy and Hamman looked like they couldn't be arsed in the first half.  Although Didi picked up a bit in the second half, Murphy continued to play bollox. 

Another thing that p#ssed me off was that mosaic saying 'allez' (was it allez?  couldn't see it from where i was sitting, someone rang me to tell me).  We are a f##king english club for f##ks sake.  I'm f##ked off this morning, can you tell?

We only put them under any pressure in the last 2 minutes.  Why couldn't we do that all game?
Coley

Postby ynwa » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:55 am

i went to the game last nite the ground was not noisy apart from the marseille fan the out sang us it felt like we where the away team
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shilton_red » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:10 am

This game was a disgrace . Baros should have been off for elbowing Barthez and Gerrard for elbowing Drogba . It was a bad performance apart from the goal we conjoured up . Marseilles goal was always coming and was deserved and well taken too . Marseilles support for their team was superb . Ive been banging the drum for Houllier all week and we get this performanace . Give me strength .
You could see by our desperate play and Houlliers face at the end that we have no chance in Marseille .Marseille should put Liverpool to the sword .If they do then surely Houllier must go ive kidded myself for to long now about him and his team .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:49 pm

one word. clueless. marseille came with a game plan and it worked. quite simply when teams come to anfield, sit back and try to frustrate us we lack the tactical nous or ability to open them up. just not good enough for LFC. i still think we can win out there because we are suited to playing away from home but some of our players have got to take a long hard look at themselves.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:16 pm

I thought we played ok, but really didn't play well enough consistently enough (story of our season) The goal came because we were unable to clear our lines - Carragher putting it out for a corner, Kewell unable to clear the ball properly and Hyypia not getting the header clear. Kirkland looked a little shaky, Kewell drifted in and out of the game and Owen was anonymous for much of the time. Our star players were Gerrard, Baros and Hyypia IMO

On a positive note, we are capable of getting a result in Marseille
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Coley » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:44 pm

Good shout Owzat.  Forgot Hyppia had a decent game.  I think Hamman playing as an extra centre half doesn't help the whole outlook of the team.
Coley

Postby Owzat » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:46 pm

I hear we were looking not to concede a goal in the second half (alledgedly the team talk) How pathetic! We were quite positive which was pleasing, their goal was against the run of play
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:39 pm

Does Biscan have to play in a certain number of games a season due to being a non EU player? Other than that i cant see the point in him playing at all. What was the point in putting him on for two mnuites, i thought thats what teams did when they needed to run down the clock or was that what Houliier was trying to achieve, after all it was 1-1 at home with a difficult trip to Marsielle looming.....
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:22 pm

Yes, another fantastic result in a glorious season.

Where are those fools who said we would improve dramatically when all our "top" players returned?

Owzat rightly pointed out a few months ago that even when our big guns returned our form would be all over the place and he was right.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby kennyzdead » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:22 pm

hi
i m just a curious marseille fan looking for reds reactions about the game last night
i must say that i m happy about yesterday s game , but it doesn t mean we re safe for the second leg....
Both our teams have quite the same level and have to face the same problems in their respective leagues , lack of regularity and search of a good tactic system.

i m also proud i could hear our fans in such a famous stadium as Anfield is...a great time for us !
i ll be at the Velodrome to see the second round and hope Liverpool fans will do the same.

just hope my team will not aim for the 0-0 that would be the best way to loose...but i m sure it will be an exciting game and no dout our fans are going to set the Velodrome on fire !!!

well , good luck reds ! and may the best team overcome ! que le meilleur gagne !
kennyzdead

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:28 pm

Vate faire enculer!..occupe-toi de tes affaires!!...sors de la :D  :laugh:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:56 pm

Many of the players didnt look arsed again last night. Houllier should  be telling 6 or 7 of them that they are now playing for their careers at Liverpool(Dont think it would bother Michael or Didi).The thing is would Houllier say that to anyone?? If he wants his beloved job still he should. How many times do with have to witness this brand of cr#p football? I have backed the manager all the way but my patience has wore thin. I expect him to be given next season but if his style of play is still the same then he must go. It will be time for a fresh face.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby So sorry » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:11 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:Vate faire enculer!..occupe-toi de tes affaires!!...sors de la :D  :laugh:

Que de belles paroles, tu dois surement être une baltringue :D
So sorry

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion