Message to doubters - We still can get 4th

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stapo1000 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:16 pm

Today, many people gave up all hope of us finishing 4th but its not all that impossible given that the players work hard and win all there home games and start picking up more points away from home. Everton face blackburn tomorrow and may only get a point out of that one. We have our game in hand monday week and we should win if our home forms is anything to go by. Then we face everton in our biggest game this season. If we win that we could be just 3 points away from everton with them having to face 2 of the top 3 before the end of the season and with us only having to face 1. Now is the time to get behind the team and stop doubting them even if they have performed poorly away from home.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:19 am

TIT111 :p
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:40 am

I'll attempt to give  amore informed reason why i disagree with your optimism and evaluations of the next few games.

Liverpool have lost 8 Away games this season, won 3 and drawn 4. We have to travel to Arsenal , Crystal Palace, Portsmouth and Man City .

We face Bolton , Blackburn , Everton ,Spurs, Middlesborough and Villa at home .

The injury sitauation isn't going to get significantly improvement for this team to put on the kind of run required I'm afraid.

There is a distinction between getting behind the team which i frequently when i attend the games do and facing reality !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:59 am

stapo1000 wrote:Today, many people gave up all hope of us finishing 4th but its not all that impossible given that the players work hard and win all there home games and start picking up more points away from home. Everton face blackburn tomorrow and may only get a point out of that one. We have our game in hand monday week and we should win if our home forms is anything to go by. Then we face everton in our biggest game this season. If we win that we could be just 3 points away from everton with them having to face 2 of the top 3 before the end of the season and with us only having to face 1. Now is the time to get behind the team and stop doubting them even if they have performed poorly away from home.

they have been ****** for most of the season
109-1105722616

Postby el_stinger » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:45 am

We have been unreliable away from home, and this is our main concern. Even when our injury problems weren't as vast as it is now, our away form was still very poor.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:00 am

why do we change our tactics and formation so drastically when we travel? it's obvious we should adopt a more positive attitute when we are playing away. Getting 4th...we are hanging by a thin thread and results in recent weeks + our injuries situation hasn't convince me one bit. The Laverkusen's game could potentially be the most important one to look forward to.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:25 am

If Everton win this weekend, we can kiss 4th goodbye
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:25 am

We dont deserve 4th this season
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kid a » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:40 am

Dalglish wrote:There is a distinction between getting behind the team which  frequently when i attend the games do and facing reality !

These supporters who have this sort of "blind faith" towards everything involved with the team...need a reality check. Yes, I agree.

People need to look at the situation for what it is. Without bias. The team have been playing poorly and unconsistently for most of the season, and have only shown glimpses of their best form. Frankly, if we do actually manage to get 4th place in the league...I would be absolutely shocked, to say the least.  I also don't think we deserve it, to tell the truth...

Anyway, at this moment, I'm more hopeful of us in the Champions League than the EPL.   :D
Kid a

Postby L-type » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:00 am

I say f*ck you all !! We need to get behind LFC, Benitez, the players, Rick Parry, and moore (well maybe not the last 2)  If your a fan you support your team till the bitter end. 

Regardless of what we accomplish this season we have still taken major strides forward, we have begun to reorganize our squad and next season is one to loook forward to, but to say if it will be one without champions league football I am not one to say.  There is still a chance, there is always the realistic aproach; Win the Champions league :D  .  Or we can buckle down, rally behind the team and hopefully Rafa and the players will give it everything they've got and surpass Everton.  I can't and would never ask for any more, but as a fan I'd surely never settle for anything less.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:54 am

basically ive written off our season today i hope im wrong but there you go  we are not good enough . i know its hard to swollow but accept it and move on .Rafa should now be looking forward to next season and see what parts of the squad he needs and hopefully with the funds available improve on it. Its been a funny old season and i know its not over but we now must accept apart from the cl thats it for this season ,lets now get behind our manager and wish him the best for the forthcoming trials of which there will be many im sure, im not in the slightest being defeatest but am being a realist heres hoping for the future yours sincerely igor YNWA
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion