Everton still blame us for not winning european cu - Moyes looking forward to cl footie

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gabbyh » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:45 pm

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/050225/1/9b0w.html

Who won the championship the year after Everton did? I know it wasn't them. So how can they blame us for the breakup of that Howard Kendall team?
gabbyh

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:48 pm

Yes he said it was Liverpools fault on tuesday night about them getting knocked out of europe.
Why does it bother him he wasnt in charge then :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gabbyh » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:15 pm

I mean, better teams than Everton at that time, never won it the first time off. It is such a big money spinner now cos they have turned it into a League, not a knock out competition. So it is Liverpools fault that their owners were too tight to invest in the club they loved so well. For Gods sake I wish they would grow up.
gabbyh

Postby The_Rock » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:31 pm

I just can't imagine the current blue sh1t team playing in champions league against milan & barcelona........ What a insult will that be to milan & barcelona  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:48 pm

they are bitter, al other clubs didnt just crumble into the state that everton did after the ban, they need to grow up
109-1105722616

Postby zarababe » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:27 pm

.. the European ban.. affected us more than anyone.. we lost out on adding to our record four European cups..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:09 pm

F#ck 'em.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:34 am

i think evertons argument carries a lot of weight coz back in those days the winner of the english first division as it was usually went on to lift the european cup. off the top of my head i think 83 was the only year from our first win in 77 up to everton winning the title that an english club didnt win the major gong... 1977- liverpool, 1978- liverpool, 1979- forest, 1980- forest, 1981- liverpool, 1982- villa, 1984- liverpool.
if you add to that eufa cup wins and cup winners cup wins from that period by teams like spurs, aberdeen,ipswich and everton etc its fair to say british (especially english) teams dominated the era.
of course it wasnt a gimme everton would have won it but being fair they would have been one of the favourites, they had a very good side back then who broke most points and goalscoring records of the time.
i think after heysel it was inevitable that english clubs were banned because every english club had fans who liked to fight, although by far the worst heysel sadly wasnt the only example of acts of violence by so called fans of english clubs home and abroad. it was a disease engrained in the culture of our game that started in the late sixties and the reason i on the main didnt go to away games in those days.
every weekend coaches or trains carrying fans (specials) were ambushed and wrecked by warring factions up and down the country and crews like the chelsea headhunters and the intercity firm (icf of west ham) becoming almost household names your mum knew.
if you wore your club shirt at an away match you were literally in danger of getting slashed,knifed or at least beaten up good style. i suppose social anthropologists would say it was an explosive cocktail of punk music, political chaos and an angry disenfranchised youth with little prospect of finding a job venting their anger but thankfully we seem to be moving out of the dark ages and fingers crossed it is a thing of the past.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:45 am

always been bitter, are still bitter, and always will be bitter

can't wait to laugh at their tears as we take 4th in May
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:13 am

This so called hooligan who wrote a book about Hysel who was there was infact an evertonain.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jack66 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:45 am

Liverpool won the league in 86 and 88 the years after the blushite won them.As for the everton teams breakup,this was due to a lot of players contracts coming to an end,and a lot were past their best.
jack66

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion