Who are the big clubs - What it says

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:50 am

dawson99 wrote:dont care what any media says, if you ask me there is only ever gonna be one big club anywhere in teh world, and thats LFC

agreed dawson

the others are total pretenders to the biggest trophy winning side post war
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:02 am

Until very recently the "top three" clubs as perceived by the media were Liverpool, Man Utd  and Arsenal .None of us complained then . The truth is over the last couple of seasons we have not been favourites to finish in the top 3 so for now we have to swallow it but under Rafa things are gonna change again .As far as the premiership is concerned I firmly believe next season is gonna be a magic one for LFC.
:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:03 am

I'd say any club in the G-14 can be classed as a big club
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:06 am

woof woof ! wrote:I firmly believe next season is gonna be a magic one for LFC.
:)

lets hope that doesnt involve paul daniels or david copperfield, eh woof??  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:16 am

I dunno Judge , we need something special in goal . Maybe Copperfield could make it disappear from time to time . :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:26 am

These days unfortunately I think its:

Money = success = big club
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:35 am

woof woof ! wrote:I dunno Judge , we need something special in goal . Maybe Copperfield could make it disappear from time to time . :D

we could employ a brickie, to shore the goal up, know what i mean??  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:49 pm

Santa wrote:1) Fans base
2) History
3) Financial cloud

Whats a financial cloud?
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:26 am

The Return of the Judge wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:I dunno Judge , we need something special in goal . Maybe Copperfield could make it disappear from time to time . :D

we could employ a brickie, to shore the goal up, know what i mean??  :D

yeh, he could throw bricks whenever the opposition player got into the box.   :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Iceman69 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:27 am

The Red Baron wrote:As Liverpool supporters we dont need telling we follow a big club,a fact which can not be disputed by anyone.But what is the criteria for the title Big Club.Some might say look at attendances,others may say finances,but I suggest we look at history;18 League titles,4 European Cups,3 U.E.A.F.A. Cups 6 F.A. Cups and 7 League Cups.this coupled with our ledgendry support both nationaly and internationaly, makes Liverpool F.C. a massive club.If we compare other so called Big Clubs do they stand with us on merit.
   Manchester United;undoubtdly a Big Club, much as it hurts to say but they are probably the biggest club in the Word, even though they are still behind us in pursuit of major honours.
  Arsenal;another club that in my opinion passes the acid test although they still have to prove themselves in European competion.
  Everton;have had their successes, duriing the80s they even won a European trophy,To go with their 9 titles and five F.A. Cup wins.,therefore I acknowledge their claims to be a Big Club.
  This brings me to 2 other clubs who are often reffered to as massive clubs,Chelsea and Newcastle United. Chelsea are definately not a big club if we take past succecces as a yardstick.It is 50 years since they won the only championship in their history,and its not too long ago they were in the 2nd division, with a half empty stadium that was better suited to the 4th division.If we wear to take notice of the scribes of Fleet St we would all be believing  Chelsea to be the biggest club in World football, while in reality they have a long way to go to match the other clubs previously mentioned.
  Newcastle United are in the same vain as Chelsea, how often have we heard them refered to as a m assive club.There is nothing massive about them,to be fair they have won more than Chelsea but thats no great achievment.
I think the thing that impresses most commentators is the Geordies support,whats so special about it.This is another club that recently played in the 2nd division in an empty ground.There is only one club in Newcastle, so they have no  City rivals, Imagine the size of the stadium we would need if there was only one club in this City.
  To sum up,it may be a while since our years of glory but these other so called Big Clubs still have a long way to go emulate the achievement of LIVERPOOL F.C. THE GREATEST CLUB IN THE HISTORY OF BRITISH FOOTBALL.

well you would say that its based on trophies! and most of other liverpool fans too in this forum, as its purely your own biased approach!

You could argue that LFC are only just in the top 10 clubs in the world based on financial power, or that we are not in the top three in EPL based on current fortunes.

its all about opinions.

You could base your argument on..who is most likely to win the league or europen cup next. who has the strongest team.

In terms of attendances, newcastles home gates are bigger than ours, Utd's too and chelsea's are equal.

arsenal get over 40 thousand, but surely its not based on fan base? that does not determine what happens on the pitch.

Ok we have got an impressive record, but don;t look like extending the major trophy cabinet. remember No league title for 15 years, no euro cup for 20!

as every season ticks by, so too does our history get smaller in the past!

The game has changed and evolved so much today and is now run by money, not reputation. so you have to say chelsea are in pole spot today! even though they have won not much yet, they have enough cash to turn your lights out.
Iceman69

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion