4th place

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:48 pm

dawson99 wrote:everton deserve to be 4th st mike of square pants?
i have to disagree.

They are really hard-working team and they have Moyes..But their squad isn't enough to be the 4th at end of the season..Qualifying to UEFA must be a normal target for them..

Liverpool will be the 4th, i hope..
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:35 am

Lets win our games and forget about everton.  Let them worry about us gaining points on them.

They're having a good season but I still think they will fade
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:26 am

gerrardisgod wrote:Shut up peewee its called having faith in ur team

who the f*ck are you?

having faith in your team does not win trophies, of course i have faith in my team but like i said i am a realist. everton are in 4th place because they have more points than us.

i also dont understand thais argument where you assume that everton will automatically lose against the @rse, scum and chelski. if i wanted to adopt the schoolboy argument tactic like you seem to be doing, then because we beat arsenal, everton are ahead of us so therefore they must beat arsenal as well.

why dont some people think before they speak? we have no god given right to finish 4th, the we need a lot of luck and plenty of effort so stop talking sh!te.

oh welcome to the forum   :D
112-1077774096

Postby chindianred » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:58 am

agree with A.B.  and it's just us who can spoil the bluenosed party for fourth. the quality has always been there and i can see a renewed team spirit and determination unfolding with that along with rafa's astute ways, and lots belief from players and fans,we'll rafa thru' it...
and that's a quiet belief of all who have red in their heart
mori + milan= many many goals
YWNA
chindianred
chindianred

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:18 am

but we shouldnt be fighting for 4th place every season. we are better than that and our reputation is slipping away slowly. we should be fighting it out wiv arsenal,man u and chelski..not bloody everton,boro and charlton. :(
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby azriahmad » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:22 am

I don't think peewee is wrong at all in being realistic. Being realistic does not mean that one has less faith in the team that one supports.

I mean, look at Everton yesterday. They fought like their lives depended on the results and never gave up until they got a goal in the 2nd minute of time added on. That is the thing about Everton this season - fantastic team spirit, fight to the death even whenn they are outplayed, no superstars and no primadonna egos.

How far can they go? Time will tell. Do they lie down and let events pass them by? Hell no! Do they have a lead over us? Yes, definitely. Is their destiny in our hands? No, not at this moment. Do we need some fortune to overtake them? Yes, because we are behind and we need to keep winning while hope that Everton drop enough points so that we can catch up. This is the reality, guys.

Everton's fate, very much like Chelsea's, are in their own hands because they are ahead. They have to make sure that they don't drop points wheras the chasing teams, be it Liverpool or Manure and Arsenal (chasing Chelsea), have to win games and HOPE that the team they are chasing drop points. This is the obvious fact and what I understand peewee was trying to say. It is very unrealistic to believe that Everton will just give up when we have seen how they fight to the death and never stop trying (Liverpool can't claim to have the same application this season).

For us, we have to find consistency in winning and I hope Morrientes will keep on scoring with the other attacking players - Baros, Garcia chipping in their fair share and not having to be overly reliant on Gerrard or a naturally defensive Riise to have to do the scoring chores. Meanwhile, Dudek and his defenders have to stop letting in easy and soft goals.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:37 am

azriahmad wrote:I don't think peewee is wrong at all in being realistic. Being realistic does not mean that one has less faith in the team that one supports.

I mean, look at Everton yesterday. They fought like their lives depended on the results and never gave up until they got a goal in the 2nd minute of time added on. That is the thing about Everton this season - fantastic team spirit, fight to the death even whenn they are outplayed, no superstars and no primadonna egos.

How far can they go? Time will tell. Do they lie down and let events pass them by? Hell no! Do they have a lead over us? Yes, definitely. Is their destiny in our hands? No, not at this moment. Do we need some fortune to overtake them? Yes, because we are behind and we need to keep winning while hope that Everton drop enough points so that we can catch up. This is the reality, guys.

Everton's fate, very much like Chelsea's, are in their own hands because they are ahead. They have to make sure that they don't drop points wheras the chasing teams, be it Liverpool or Manure and Arsenal (chasing Chelsea), have to win games and HOPE that the team they are chasing drop points. This is the obvious fact and what I understand peewee was trying to say. It is very unrealistic to believe that Everton will just give up when we have seen how they fight to the death and never stop trying (Liverpool can't claim to have the same application this season).

For us, we have to find consistency in winning and I hope Morrientes will keep on scoring with the other attacking players - Baros, Garcia chipping in their fair share and not having to be overly reliant on Gerrard or a naturally defensive Riise to have to do the scoring chores. Meanwhile, Dudek and his defenders have to stop letting in easy and soft goals.

very eloquently put
112-1077774096

Postby Redtribe » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:03 am

peewee wrote:
gerrardisgod wrote:Shut up peewee its called having faith in ur team

who the f*ck are you?

having faith in your team does not win trophies, of course i have faith in my team but like i said i am a realist. everton are in 4th place because they have more points than us.

i also dont understand thais argument where you assume that everton will automatically lose against the @rse, scum and chelski. if i wanted to adopt the schoolboy argument tactic like you seem to be doing, then because we beat arsenal, everton are ahead of us so therefore they must beat arsenal as well.

why dont some people think before they speak? we have no god given right to finish 4th, the we need a lot of luck and plenty of effort so stop talking sh!te.

oh welcome to the forum   :D

I think the point being made is Arsenal Man Utd and Chelsea are all far superior then Everton, and most rational people would expect those three to pick points off of Everton! This does not guarantee that it will happen but you can make educated guess if you want! I personally feel that Everton will drop enough points to allow us that 4th place, but its down to us and whether we can take advantage of that! After that horrible display against Southampton we are looking to get some momentum again and confidence will be higher after our 3-1 win at fulham. If we concentrate on supporting our team and our player concentrate on doing everything they can for the cause then i think we will be playing champions league again next season!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:25 pm

everton will drop points against chelsea and man utd trust me, but its whether we can take advantage is the key and anyway as long as we're close enough to get them when we beat them at anfield
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion