4th place

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:25 am

I've heard a few fans say that we won't finish fourth as we're seven points away from Everton but I disagree. I think we will end up fourth as it's not impossible nor is fourth place unreachable.

Everton look unlikely to hold on to the fourth place. They play against Southampton on Sunday, a side that has only lost once at home this season and I do not see Everton getting more than a point out of the game.

The following week the Bluenoses go up against Chelsea, I am eager to see how many goals Neverton conceed in that game.

I think they will only get 1 out of possible 6 points and assuming that we do win the next two league games the gap between us and them will only be a point.

They will run out of luck and with 13 games to be played I just don't see them finishing fourth.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby fivecups » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:30 am

Surprised they won again. I'm still waiting for their complete collapse to come especially now that Gravesen has left. They're not letting go of fourth easily but I still think we'll get there.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:32 am

I agree AB...4th place is up for grabs and there is nothing around to convince me,we won't get that that place.
      Everton are just the 1 minute wonder,or should I say the 1-0 wonder,that crop up every season have a little go then fall apart at the end.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:10 am

Having looked at our up-coming fixtures for the rest of the season, I am confident we can reclaim forth place. We only have two atches left against teams above us and we could (and possibly should) win both of those at home to the T*ffees and away to the @rse. We can do it.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:13 am

What I’m worry is although if we beat them in the last match, we still lose in that 4th place.

Win the battle but lose in war.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby 82-1074641017 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:35 am

A.B. wrote:I've heard a few fans say that we won't finish fourth as we're seven points away from Everton but I disagree. I think we will end up fourth as it's not impossible nor is fourth place unreachable.

Everton look unlikely to hold on to the fourth place. They play against Southampton on Sunday, a side that has only lost once at home this season and I do not see Everton getting more than a point out of the game.

The following week the Bluenoses go up against Chelsea, I am eager to see how many goals Neverton conceed in that game.

I think they will only get 1 out of possible 6 points and assuming that we do win the next two league games the gap between us and them will only be a point.

They will run out of luck and with 13 games to be played I just don't see them finishing fourth.

I can see Everton getting fourth realistically, they still manage to play sh1t and win games
82-1074641017

Postby A.B. » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:39 am

Roberts, I strongly disagree. How you see Everton getting maximum points out of fixtures against Soton,Chelsea,Man Utd,etc.. is incredibly shocking.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:58 am

I think it’s all depend on the players now to go out there, play with 101% and get the max point. They must have this attitude call “ hungry for success “. They must have a feeling that every match is their last match just like in the Cup Final. Winners take all, Runner-up is still a loser.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:48 am

people on here are slagging everton off and at the same time saying how good we are. everton are in 4th place and seven points ahead of us. if everton are as sh!t and likely to fall apart as some of you say, what does that make us?  ???

whatever we say about them they are three games ahead of us, thats two wins and a draw. not only do they need to lose these games but we also need to win all our games to get 4th spot.

its not going to be as easy as some of you seem to think.
112-1077774096

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:50 am

Everton still have to meet with Man U , Chelsea and Asrenal ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:01 am

Have faith guys : ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:38 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:Everton still have to meet with Man U , Chelsea and Asrenal ...

and??? whats the point you are trying to make??

we couldnt even beat southampton for f*cks sake
112-1077774096

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:39 am

7 points is still a decent sized gap, and Everton are getting enough results at the moment to make me believe they have a chance of beating us to fourth, I think it will be incredibly close and I am confident we will pip them with 1 or 2 games left, but make no misatke the derby at anfield is a huge match!

we have 13 matches to go, let's say we go 7-3-3, that would give us 64 points, perhaps we will get mid-hi 60's like 67.

that would mean Everton need roughly 20 points from their last 13 games, which is 6 wins, 2 draws and 5 losses, which is entirely possible, so IMO it will be terribly close.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecake » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:14 am

A.B. wrote:They will run out of luck and with 13 games to be played I just don't see them finishing fourth.

Nearly 3/4 of the season complete and they're still lucky to be fourth? Dont know? They may not be playing flashy, attractive football, but it certaintly is effective. They continue to win and I just cant put it all down to luck. We should all prepare ourselves for the collapse we have been waiting for to never eventuate.
Unfortunately, as much as it tears my heart out to say, I believe they are not only getting it right on the field but also off the field. Selling Rooney for a profanely disgusting amount of cash shows they are prepared to put good business acumen ahead of emotional sentiment. We on the other hand, held on to Owen until it was too late to even wish him bon voyage.
I dont think they're lucky, they're just running their house better. (Owww that hurt)
cheesecake

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:20 am

good post lfc. i agree..but i still think we should be beating everton to fourth place every season. we are liverpool we have got to start acting like liverpool..if u know what i mean?? we have got a reputation and its slipping away very slowly, :(
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion