Kirkland to go?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:21 am

Liverpool confident of clinching Leeds deal for Carson
tribalfootball.com - January 3, 2005

Liverpool remain confident they will win the race for Leeds United goalkeeper Scott Carson this month.

Carson has attracted an enquiries from West Brom and Chelsea, but Liverpool are hopeful a bid of £1 million will be enough to convince Leeds to sell.

The England U21 international can leave Elland Road at the end of this season for nothing after rejecting an offer of a new contract.

and about raising funds, barca are looking for a striker. what about selling baros for a nice chunk for some funds for more players?

and look whats happening at Real Madrid

The Sunday Mirror says Sacchi is drawing up a list of players he feels are surplus to requirements at the club - and it is understood that both Michael Owen and Jonathan Woodgate will be made available.

Owen has been linked with Arsenal and Chelsea, while Woodgate is being mentioned with hometown Middlesbrough and Everton.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:21 am

When you say 'everyone knows' I disagree. I don't know he's going to be the England keeper for years. I don't think he will infact. I think both Robinson and Green are better keepers. I'm not totally convinced about Dudek either but he is the better of the two in my opinion.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:29 am

bigmick wrote:When you say 'everyone knows' I disagree. I don't know he's going to be the England keeper for years. I don't think he will infact. I think both Robinson and Green are better keepers. I'm not totally convinced about Dudek either but he is the better of the two in my opinion.

look at what i just posted bigmick
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:01 am

If Benitez manages to do this it would be sensational. We do not need Kirkland, never has never will. Dudek is a lot better, and he has at least 5 good years left in him. I don't know why any club should wan't to spend big on Kirkland. But let us hope. Let us hope.

Benitez has turned things around really fast. A few less injuries and better refereeing and we could have been above gunners in the table. We are exciting to watch, and we play a much faster and attacking game. The sale of Murphy was a masterpiece and if he can bring in big money for Kirk it is another fine piece of work by the maestro.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby greece2004 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:14 am

The new Real's football director said that he wants Samuel Et'to in Madrid.he is ready to give Owen,Samuel and Woodgate as exchange plus some money.So its very dificult for those english players to come back.
As for Kirkland he looks to me like James with only diference that he is not mental ill. :D
One World One Love One Love Parade
greece2004

Postby liamac » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:17 pm

So Owen is surplus to requirments?  Maybe he didnt warm the bench up well enough  :D
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby KARMANI » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:26 pm

Kirkland has lapses in concentration, and he let in goals that could have been saved. He is statistically the worst premiership goalkeeper. Maybe he needs alot more to learn, but at being a level Liverpool must be, we need the absolute best.

Dudek is better, though he goes through phases of bad forms especially after Poland gets big thrashings at the nationals. But Dudek has shown brilliance when his at his top, saving games single handedly during GH's era. He won some man of the matches didn't he?

Hopefully we're getting someone better than the two.
KARMANI

Postby KARMANI » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:02 pm

apparently benitez wants cesar on a loan deal, but i think he should sign schwarzer and that keeper from lyn, considering cesar (real madrid) hasnt played much it wouldn't be worthwhile
KARMANI

Postby tel » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:22 am

greece2004 wrote:Dudek is hansome. so sell kirkland :devil:

Is that a photo of yourself?
tel

Postby tel » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:24 am

If they sell Kirkland, its because they medical team has advised that he is too injury prone to be depended on as the first team keeper.
tel

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion