Vs watford - Strong team line-up

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:26 am

I think the philosophy is fie;d a strong side at home, win by a comfortable margin so whwn we have to play the away fixture when we are back in the thick of premiership action then we can afford to rest some of the first teamers and again give some of the youngsters a shot.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:27 am

Fair point Andy, I'm just concerned about the bad luck we seem to have with injuries this season (and last) . Hope Baros comes through ok .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby wee_boi888 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:36 am

since baros is coming off an injury, a good "easy" game will warm him up and hopefully get the match practice needed before a big game like against the scum.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:40 am

Thing is tho, teams like Watford just boot you off the park thats when the injuries occur, just hope Baros, Gerrard or Hamman get an unlucky boot :glare:
I can see where Rafas comin from with the place in europe as we stand in the table and the position the bluenoses are in, but the one to watch for me has got to be spurs.
Thats why we really need to win on saturday close that gap at the top.
And I agree with Leej a trophey is a trophey no matter what status it brings, and we need some silverware its been a while since our trophey cabinet was open.
Lets not get the attitude of the scum in thinking we are to good to play in this comp.
Mourinho will want to win all 4 cups this year no doubt about that one, revenge when we play them in the final, for the unfair decions that went against us on new years day from Lampard and Old mother c#nt Riley.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:18 am

I would rest Gerrard and Baros and save them for the Man U game. Benitez would be taking a great risk playing Baros tonight.
Red_Si

Postby redirish » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:23 am

Should win the game handy enough but my main concern is injuries. We cant afford any more players out for a period of time:)
redirish

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:53 am

i'm sure gerrard and baros won't play the whole game, maybe an hour or so. but you have to go into a game to win it, not worrying about injuries. watford will be no more dangerous physically than any prem teams we've played, especially not leg breakers like chelsea and blackburn. sure they'll be there for a tough game but we can't wrap up our players in cotton wool, they're in the club to play and win games.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:11 pm

interesting-ish little story behind tonights game.... or at least i thought so.

paul jones - one year on

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:32 pm

3/1 Baros pulls hamstring and misses Man U game.

4/1 Dudek 'chins' one into his own net.

5/1 Dudek is bitten by ant and drops ball into own net.

6/1 Garcia misses 'open goal' from 2 yards out.

7/1 Liverpool edge through 1-0 (Gerrard).

Anyone fancy a bet?
Red_Si

Postby The_Rock » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:53 pm

it won't be the end of the world if baros misses the match against manure............ We have beaten arsenal without him remember ?

If baros gets injured, then so be it.....I know pongolle & mellor can do the job against gary "fug face" neville...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:00 pm

i reckon its sensible playing a full strength side for the watford game, cause i reckon if we can pull off 3-0 i reckon thats curtains for watford, 2-0 and its still open, ok its the league cup and all that, but im sure rb would love to win a trophy this season, though obivously the league is the priority
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion