Strong transfer rumour! - Maybe just maybe?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:57 pm

There is currently a strong transfer rumour goin round in the offices where i work that Liverpool are on the verge of a major signing, with the player in question being David Beckham, and before anyone goes into one, this is just a rumour and im not making this up to take the pi$$....The rumour came from a mate in work whos been told that the bookies have stopped taking bets on the transfer going through (Im not sure how true this is so im goin there at half 3 to see wot the odds are or if they have stopped takin them)and as i was finding this out another friend got an email saying that Beckham is on his way to Liverpool for 12 million. Cant say im totally convinced by the rumour but never the less i just thought id share wot i know and if anyone else has heard anything???
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:06 pm

yeah i heard this too, nearly fell off my seat with laughter when i heard it. I don't believe it myself, but i'd welcome him anyway would only make us a better team.

Not going to happen though
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:15 pm

never happen in a million years. i saw a picture of him modelling real's new kit the other day along with zidane and raul which confirms to me that he will still be in spain next season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:34 pm

I dont think theres much chance of this one comin off but Modelling a kit means bugger all these days, its about as commited as kissin the badge.... Just ask Alan smith and Wayne "once a blue always a blue" Rooney!
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:43 pm

but it would be one in the eye for the mancs though :D
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jan Cuelemans » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:40 pm

More likely to be a london club if he does decide to return, as he still has Beckham Palace down there. I believe he sold his property in cheshire, to someone off corrie if am not mistaken !
The ofton underrated, Belgium Internalional Superstar !
Jan Cuelemans

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:10 pm

ok when out shoping just now i pop into the bookies to see what they had to say and they gave me the odds of 75-1 so i dont think he will be on his way to us ......if not i better go and put my money on it now lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:05 pm

if he went anywhere it would be Chelsea/Arsenal.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Shake abush » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:16 pm

I don't know about this one, but just to see the look on the Manure fans faces would be worth every penny.

"how do i get to nirvana mate?"

"Do a right at the George onto oakfield. Follow the road down to the end , you've got the sandon on your right and directly ahead is nirvana"
Shake abush

Postby EURO CHAMPS BY 2005 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:52 pm

bookies believe it but the press have no idea,I don't think so...load of rubbish...don't want him,don't need him,don't rate him.
EURO CHAMPS BY 2005

Postby fritzylfc » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:41 pm

beckham.  was said by his owner that he stunk like a coconut at a press conference at the weekend he had to ask in english what chairman had said he replied in english and said liverpool would be nuts to sign you.:) :) :) :)
fritzylfc

Postby akumaface » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:42 am

I don't think Rafa would want Beckham anyway. Not going to happen mate.:p
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby ckay » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:17 am

I rate Beckham as a footballer but he comes with so much baggage. He's more of a circus act!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:18 am

Beckham to Liverpool won't happen and even if he wanted to come back to England this summer he'd struggle to find a club as Chelsea have finished their signings and he could only find himself at Arsenal as a possible makeweight in a deal for Viera.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby ckay » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:24 am

The guy is a joke. I thought we'd heard the last of the Beckham circus when he left for spain.

He should concentrate on his football instead of getting his mug in the paper and sh@gging any PA or media bint going.

He probably wants a transfer so he can get a huge signing on fee to spend on Posh's so called singing career!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion