Norwich game - Teamnews and stuff

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:17 pm

Just imagine risse & a on-form kewell going down the left flank.........unstoppable... :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:19 pm

i'm really positive that Kewell will come back from injury in form....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:30 pm

I think Warnock played pretty decent as well. As for Nunez, I would give him more time while Pongolle is looking better each game. Hyypia and Carra as usual, they are outstanding. Riise was very good while the rest are average at best but we were able to get 3 points and that's the most important thing. :)
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:34 pm

We played well against Chelsea and lost, played poorely in first half against Norwich and won. Scrappy performance with three points, good enough for me
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:36 pm

A.B. wrote:played poorely in first half against Norwich and won.

not if it had been with riley  :angry:
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:41 pm

Carragher after the match: "...foreign lads can't believe we play four games in such a short space of time..."

...meaning

"...Liverpool (except "carra and stevie") can't believe....etc." :p :D
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:53 pm

:cool:

10 days and 4 games...When will your players take a holiday?
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:53 pm

we`re putting a good run together in the league despite injuries to key players.
dont forget before the season started i doubt rafa knew much about the players in the squad, he`d probably heard of them but never really knew them.
in half a season he has had to assess his squad, bed in new players from a different culture and keep pace with the champions league places, change a style of play to a more cultured one (not a ten minute job when the players have utilised the long ball for the past five seasons), cope with boardroom uncertainty, cope with bad injuries to key players (gerrard, alonso,baros...etc,etc), cope with a press campaign to get his best player transferred to london and dont forget he and his family have had to move country themselves which is probably very stressfull in its own right.
the man has kept his head when all around him is going pear shaped and in my eyes along possibly with moyes has done the best job in the premiership so far.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:14 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:Carragher after the match: "...foreign lads can't believe we play four games in such a short space of time..."

...meaning

"...Liverpool (except "carra and stevie") can't believe....etc." :p :D

In another word...foreign lads can't believe how much money they are making n such a short time.

For crying out loud, I am willing to play twice the amount of game for a quarter of their salaries, and I am quite confident I can play better than Diao (I'm sure some of your grannies does too  :D )
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:23 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:we`re putting a good run together in the league despite injuries to key players.
dont forget before the season started i doubt rafa knew much about the players in the squad, he`d probably heard of them but never really knew them.
in half a season he has had to assess his squad, bed in new players from a different culture and keep pace with the champions league places, change a style of play to a more cultured one (not a ten minute job when the players have utilised the long ball for the past five seasons), cope with boardroom uncertainty, cope with bad injuries to key players (gerrard, alonso,baros...etc,etc), cope with a press campaign to get his best player transferred to london and dont forget he and his family have had to move country themselves which is probably very stressfull in its own right.
the man has kept his head when all around him is going pear shaped and in my eyes along possibly with moyes has done the best job in the premiership so far.

No doubt Rafa's credentials. A cheer for the boys too for grinding out a result despite not having Cisse, Baros, Kewell, Alonso & Hamann on the starting lineup, and the liability of an off coloured Nunez, Garcia & Diao. On the record, it's one win and one lost in the last 2 games (in 6 months time, no one will remember we played Chelsea off the park and won ugly today).

To be sucessful, we need to win playing good and bad football. Chelsea does, and the league table do not lie. We caught a few lucky break as well such as Carra's handball in the penalty area before we went ahead. In the course of the season, quality prevails over luck. (Unfortunately, right now we have one but not the other!)
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:05 pm

good result yesterday in what was a potentially very tricky game. here are my player ratings:

Dudek – 7 – solid display, good catching, good distribution. The little he had to do, he did well.

Finnan – 6 – worked hard but had his work cut out with Huckerby – who he eventually decided to rugby tackle to see if that worked. Put in another good shift.

Hyypia – 8 – good solid, towering display. Even though Norwich had naïve kids playing up front, Sami was rock solid.

Carragher – 9 – man of the match. He was everywhere, including getting back more than once as the last man cutting out Huckerbys whipped crosses. Playing more like a captain than Gerrard in the way he directs traffic and screams instructions (not insults!) at his team mates.

Warnock – 7 – fairly good game, showing some nice touches and skill. Certainly not over awed playing at this level.

Garcia – 6 – so much skill and yet so loose with his passing. His goal was superb, and it inspired a much better display from then on, but we expect more consistency from our thumb-sucking Spaniard. Had another trademark blaze over the bar with Heskey-like balance and body-language.

Diao – 5 – shocking again in the first half, but improved a lot in the second. Still nowhere near Liverpool calibre though and it’s plain he’s not going to be. Some of his first half passes were so poor they had to be seen to be believed.

Gerrard – 7 – Mr. Happy from a couple of games ago became Mr. Angry. He needs to use his energies more appropriately than getting sulky and pissy with team mates who are either less experienced or less talented than him. We have an injury list as long as your arm, and a captain should realise this and be more encouraging. Still, another solid display on the footballing side.

Nunez – 5 – that might actually be overgenerous because the lad was truly awful. Even the basics didn't seem to be there, and his crossing of a ball was poor.

Riise – 7 – another consistent display from JAR who is revelling in his rightful position. He’s not just deputised for Harry, he’s eclipsed him. Another fine finish too - even though he looked like he was going to miss!

Mellor – 5 – out of his depth I’m afraid. Too slow, too clumsy and too pedestrian. He clearly has a goal scoring instinct, but at this level, that’s not enough I’m afraid.
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion