Norwich game - Teamnews and stuff

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:46 pm

well...we can rest now........ 3 wins 1 unlucky loss....we are getting better.........

just think.

1)No cisse
2)No Baros
3)No kewell
4)No alonso
5)No Smicer
6)No Josemi
7)With morientas & hopefully another 2 players coming in...

We look good.

Guys, lets lay off Diao for now. He had a good game. Who knows he could do a traore and come up with a few good performances now. That would save us from being a central midfielder.......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:46 pm

now give 'em a hot bath, a cup of bovril and a good rest.

i'd give Diao a kick up the ****** as well
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:47 pm

Diao had a poor first half but was much more composed in the 2nd half. Same can be said for Nunez & Garcia
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:48 pm

Diao had a poor first half but was much more composed in the 2nd half. Same can be said for Nunez & Garcia

i can forgive a player having an average match when he can pull out a goal like GArcia did, Nunez needs to sort his crossing out tho
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:48 pm

5th place is an unbelievable position if you consider the injuries, salute to rafa
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:49 pm

The_Rock wrote:well...we can rest now........ 3 wins 1 unlucky loss....we are getting better.........

just think.

1)No cisse
2)No Baros
3)No kewell
4)No alonso
5)No Smicer
6)No Josemi
7)With morientas & hopefully another 2 players coming in...

We look good.

Guys, lets lay off Diao for now. He had a good game. Who knows he could do a traore and come up with a few good performances now. That would save us from being a central midfielder.......

plus some sh1t refs
we are superb being at this level
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:52 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:5th place is an unbelievable position if you consider the injuries, salute to rafa

agreed. and we should keep it too. i don't see boro getting anything out of their game at chelsea tomorrow so they won't reclaim 5th. unless everton have been completely demoralised by getting whupped the other day ( :D ) they'll prob get something out of their game against portsmouth. but we're still closing and looking ok.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:53 pm

if we can start putting a run together now we can give man yooo a run for their money too. ???
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aco67 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:03 pm

Today's performance is best summed up in the words of Ian Holloway

"To put it in gentleman's terms, if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, you've done what you set out to do. We didn't look our best today but we've pulled. Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She may not have been the best looking lady we ended up taking home but it was still very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much and let's have coffee."
Beer...........
The cause of......
And solution to..........
All of lifes problems............
aco67

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:03 pm

Ratings -

1)Dudek 6.5/10 - Looked good. Got his fingers to the norwich goal... very hard to save that. He is beginning to impose himself. Good news for us.

2)Finnan 6.8/10 - Did ok. Huckerby gave him a hard time. Finnan is slowly becoming as impt as carra & hyppia to our defence. Finnan has to be our 1st choice fullback now.

3)Warnock 6/10 - Did not link up that well with risse. Traore & risse link up very well. But this is his 1st game after a few games out. More games will make him better.

4)Carra 7.5/10 - Rock in defence. (and thats a compliment coming from me).

5)Hyppia 7/10 - Classy display. One of his better games.

6)Nunez  5/10 - Looked nervous. Hope he plays against burnley. More games should make him better.

7)Gerrard  7/10 - Average game...And by this i mean a normal good performance by gerrard. He was a little ****** with some players during the match......

8)Diao 7/10 -Did his job. Protected the defence (and thus hyppia did well). His tackles were simply amazing in the 2nd half. It just shows with more confidence and games, players will improve (similar argument i have for nunez). He is not as bad as what ppl make him out to be. He is an average player, i agree. But He can do a job as a midfield anchor.

9)Risse 7/10 - Another steady game. Did not dominate like against norwich, but ran his socks off. Scoring a lot of goals lately. ANother step to becoming a total attacking team.

10)Garcia 6.9/10 - Not 7, as he had an awful 1st half. Scored a great goal. He seems to score spectacular goals (in other words hard to score goals), but misses easy one ...well you can't have everything can you.

11)Mellor 5.8/10 - Did not do much, but can't really blame him. Nunez crossing was woeful in the 1st half. Garcia also did not link up well with him. Mellor is the type of player who dwells on good service.

subs
12)Pongolle 7/10 - made an immediate impact. He is making vast improvements. I made a comment earlier in the season that pongolle had an awful 1st touch and will not make it at the highest level. But his 1st touch has improved a lot. Great awareness too.

13)Hamann 7/10 - Came on, and did not look as if he was a
sub waiting to get in sync with the game. Came on, and did what he did. Break up norwich play.

14)Traore 6/10 - Nothing much to say about traore..... Not enuff time to impress.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:05 pm

aco67 wrote:Today's performance is best summed up in the words of Ian Holloway

"To put it in gentleman's terms, if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, you've done what you set out to do. We didn't look our best today but we've pulled. Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She may not have been the best looking lady we ended up taking home but it was still very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much and let's have coffee."

you got a great way of explaining stuff....  :p
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ronmeister » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:06 pm

Still cant forgive diao he went from absolute ****** to Just about average ,Nunez is lacking confidance and hopefully Garcia will have just gained a load of confidance after that finish.
ronmeister

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:10 pm

i'm hopeing by playing Diao Rafa will be able to sell him.  I'd rather see a youngster given a chance in the center of the field..
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:10 pm

My,...... oh so popular..."the good, the bad & the ugly list"  :p

1)The good :
a)Carra & Hyppia are the new henchoz & hyppia. Great team.
b)Risse goal scoring form.
c)Garcia's great goal.
d)Diao having a good game

2)The Bad :
a)Nunez had a bad game. Hope he comes good though. He did not have pre-season training which is impt for every-player. Who knows, he could have a blinding last few games of the season (winning us the champions league on the way  :D )
b)1st half performance was bad. The teamwork sucked big time.

3)The Ugly
a)Gary Neville......he is really ugly  :p
b)Mutherfuger riley. Ban him from anfield forever.  :angry:
Last edited by The_Rock on Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:12 pm

i'm really impressed with Risse, at the start of the season i would have said 'sell him', but now he is looking like the player we bought from Monaco again.. :)
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion