Nunez - Man of the match

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:48 am

Redrider wrote:Nunez, very much understated, gets on with the game causing pain for the opposition, stretching them down the right.
Was unlucky to have two shots cleared off the line and would have had a goal except for the hand-ball.  :cool:

your best post yet redrider, well said
i dont think he has had time to settle in with the squad, but more starts will give him more confidence in the league and become a standout signing like an Alonso or Garcia. I think we have brought a diamond in the rough to the squad and all he needs is time to get polished and cleaned up.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:25 am

Nunez need to improve his confidence level not just being settling down in the EPL but also as a regular. He was a sub for Madrid and never held a place on a regular basis there. So, it will take longer for him to settle and I'm sure it will worth the wait. He was more involved and I think he did quite well against WBA. Couple of games like this would get his confidence up in no time.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:53 pm

When Nunez came on against Southampton today, he looked again quietly effective, roasting the fullback and putting in some quality crosses. I am sure that we have a great little player.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:04 pm

I think the lad is starting to improve with every game, he just needs time to settle and get used to his team mates :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:07 pm

Garcia on another hand had a stinker today.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:07 am

Garcia, was poor. I am not sure he actually did anything right at all, except run off when he was called to the bench !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:45 pm

Redrider wrote:Garcia, was poor. I am not sure he actually did anything right at all, except run off when he was called to the bench !!

don't be too harsh. He hit the bar.  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:48 pm

the reason why we thrashed WBA was becos our wing play was excellant. Risse and nunez were really stretching the WBA defence.

Lets hope nunez keeps improving. Its a long time since i saw a natural right winger at liverpool.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:11 pm

The_Rock wrote:
Redrider wrote:Garcia, was poor. I am not sure he actually did anything right at all, except run off when he was called to the bench !!

don't be too harsh. He hit the bar.  :D

Garcia, will hit form again, I am sure. I reckon that the Spanish lad's are probably feeling the effect of a UK winter by now and coming back from injury to cold and windy nights at Anfield is not ''good for the bones''  :D
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:20 pm

why does everyone think its always sunny and hot over here? its bl00dy freezing here at the mo. madrid gets especially cold in the winter, often below freezing. the spanish players will be no strangers to playing in the cold.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:02 pm

I've slagged Nunez before and am not about to take it back wholesale. I asked everyone if they could see something, anything in him. The replies weren't exactly pouring in but in fairness, he has shown he can do some sort of job. The one stand out thing about him is his uncanny aerial ability. He's not that big or strong or agile but the guy can head a ball I'll give him that. I'm not quite tucking into the humble pie yet but I am checking down the corner shop to see if they've got any 'in-date' double cream to make it a bit more appetising.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:38 pm

Nunez is playing the best wing role I have seen at Anfield for a while. He is beating players with a burst of speed and banging in some lovely crosses. Dracula beware !! :D
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion