Nunez - Getting better?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:16 pm

I think Nunez seems to be improving all the time.  What about you guys??

Although in earlier appearances a lot of his crosses where going into the crowd behind the goal, he seems to have improved and his crossing ability, and the fact he gets in places where he can receive the ball to cross has been really good in recent games.

With Morientes only hours away from joining I can see goals coming from the pair of them and Nunez could become one of our favourite sons... who knows??

Watching the rather bad performance last night (Watford) the one thing I was impressed with was the amount of width we now have in our game.  This is a massive improvement over the LFC sides of the last 5, or even 10 years
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:16 pm

I will simply say that he is the best crosser of a moving ball at this club in the last five years.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:18 pm

saw a great bit of commitment and skill from nunez last night. sliding in to win the ball and keep it in play then getting straight to his feet and playing a lovely pass down the line.

if he can remain consistent he's going to become a fantastic player for us.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:18 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:19 pm

He needs to work on his game, he's still light weight and he shouldn't be looking at the size of him.

He's an outstanding crosser of the ball without a doubt.

Could become a good player for us.

Still has a way to go though.
115-1073096938

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:21 pm

andy_g wrote:if he can remain consistent he's going to become a fantastic player for us.

the main problem with wingers is that they're hardly ever consistent. they're the most frustrating players in football. nunez will be no different. for every superb performance he is likely to throw in a couple of indifferent ones. however i have seen a lot of encouraging signs from him so far. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:31 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:With Morientes only hours away from joining I can see goals coming from the pair of them and Nunez could become one of our favourite sons... who knows??

Agree with you on this, we have not had anyone who can get on the end of his crosses. Morientes will  :;):  :;):  :;):
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redirish » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:34 pm

Yesterdays game was the best i have seen him playing for us. When he gets more confidence and with time he will improve more and should turn out to be ( have to be carefull what i say here as Stu is around LOL) top class player for us. It was great to see the wide space that he can make for himself.
redirish

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:49 pm

He had possibly his best game for us last night .I wasn't initially impressed when this fella arrived but he seems to be getting better and better.

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:27 pm

He's good but only for about 65 min of playing. I think he should train on his fitness .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby RobG14 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:27 pm

Nunez did play well last night as i think he has been doing in his previous three or four games. He is a quality player despite some of the critiscm i have heard him recieve from so called liverpool fans.

I like wingers who hug the touch line and create lots of width like they are supposed to do, which is exactly what nunez does and has been doing in recent games in which hes played. He is also very good in the air, perhaps the best header of the ball we have at the club at the moment.
RobG14

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:35 pm

He has all the skill as the winger but lack of fitness ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby SALTROCK67 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:27 pm

I feel his fitness will come back soon,Rafa may be had to bring him back to early from his knee injury due to are long injury list.Hes improved alot over the last few months so i think hes going to be a decent player for us and of the type we have really been missing. :grinning:  :grinning:
SALTROCK67

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:34 pm

I feel his fitness will come back soon,Rafa may be had to bring him back to early from his knee injury due to are long injury list.Hes improved alot over the last few months so i think hes going to be a decent player for us and of the type we have really been missing

agree
LiverpoolMadman

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:01 pm

Its a bit early to judge, but at the moment i have my doubts.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion