Nunez

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:29 am

I did not see the game but how was Nunez for the 10+ minutes he was on ? He played very well in the reserves match so I am curious how he played today.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:33 am

Was quite pleased with the way he played.

Had some good tocuhes and looked to take on the Arsenal defence a few times. Looked like he can cut it in the premiership and with time could turn into a very good player for us.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:34 am

didn't do much looked a bit lost, it must be bit of a culture shock with the speed of the game compared to spain .He'll probably need a bit of time to adjust.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:35 am

Had some good tocuhes and looked to take on the Arsenal defence a few times. Looked like he can cut it in the premiership and with time could turn into a very good player for us.

That's nice to hear. With a bit more of games under his belt perhaps he will make a bigger impact than we thought
Last edited by A.B. on Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:39 am

Igor is right though, he will need time to adjust to the pace of the EPL, but I saw some good signs today and believe he will be a good asset to the squad. :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:41 am

i wasn't too impressed. but he tried a few things, at least. lets give him some time to get sharp and used to the speed of the game here before we make judgement on him

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:42 am

10 minutes is nowhere near enough time to be making evaluations on him .................he's fit , thats all we need to know :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:51 am

Dalglish wrote:10 minutes is nowhere near enough time to be making evaluations on him .................he's fit , thats all we need to know :D

I heard some idiots call Nunez a lightweight Premiership player so I was wondering what you all thought as I did not see the game yet.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:21 am

i throught it was too early for him showed a couple of good touches shrugged off cesc frabegras and could of had a shot on goal,do you think he should play on wednesday i hope he does.I hope nunez starts on wednesday up front alongside sinama pongolle or mellor so we can see more of partride on the right :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:43 am

Dalglish wrote:10 minutes is nowhere near enough time to be making evaluations on him .................he's fit , thats all we need to know :D

The curse has been lifted now that Nunez has played at Anfield. :laugh:
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:47 am

A.B. wrote:

That's nice to hear. With a bit more of games under his belt perhaps he will make a bigger impact than we thought

too soon to tell...still need time to gel with team-mates, get used to  EPL and upped his match fitness.
He don't look lighweight though...
Last edited by Santa on Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:13 am

After ten minutes any judgement would surely be a pure guess. That said, at the first opportunity I for one will willingly give an opinion, not for me all this "give him two years to adjust, remember Pires" nonsense.
Based on yesterday,he's mostly right footed, not as tall as I imagined (don't really know why I thought he was tall, must have been from a clip) and quite slightly built. Didn't look to have searing pace and looked to posess a nice touch. By all accounts he's quite good in the air but he had no opportunity to show that yesterday. By no means did he light the game up but did show a little. I'd definately try and fit him in on Wednesday. When push comes to shove, if he's from Real Madrid we can just about take it as a given that he's a good player it's just whether he can do it the Prem or not really.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:58 am

cmon,  on this forum........10 minutes play is more then enough to hang or canonise a player here   :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:37 pm

:D That is true

If anybody can truly judge a player after ten mins then they should be scouting around the country

The real question should be "whats he like on championship manager?"
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:42 pm

taff wrote:The real question should be "whats he like on championship manager?"

I'm on my second season and he's only had a look in on pre-season friendlies.  He's got no chance with me as I'm trying my best to sign Joaquin but Betis wont let him go. 

Going to have to bid £40 million for him.
jonnymac1979

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion