LFC Squad 2023/2024

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:03 pm

The players currently named on the offal are.

Goalkeepers

Allison
Kelleher
Adrian
Pitaluga

Defenders

Trent
Konate
Matip
Van Dijk
Gomez
Robbo
Tsimikas
Phillip's
Van Den Berg    (loaned out for season)
Ramsey      (loaned out for season)
Williams    (loaned out for season)

Midfielders

Henderson
Fabinho
Thiago
Szoboszlai
Mac Allister
Elliot
Jones
Bajcetic

Forwards

Salah
Nunez
Gakpo
Diaz
Jota
Carvalho  (loaned out for Season)

That's pretty much it unless we promote some from the academy like Doak, Gordon and Bradley for the cups.

Bound to be some more comings and goings before the season starts as well. 

With what is named up there I think would be good enough to get us back in the CL places next season.  Who knows though but if Salah can do what he does again alongside Nunez and Gakpo stepping up we could get ourselves in the mix.  Hopefully we won't be cursed with injuries either.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:47 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:03 pm wrote:The players currently named on the offal are.

Goalkeepers

Allison
Kelleher
Adrian
Pitaluga

Defenders

Trent
Konate
Matip
Van Dijk
Gomez
Robbo
Tsimikas
Phillip's
Van Den Berg    (loaned out for season)
Ramsey      (loaned out for season)
Williams    (loaned out for season)

Midfielders

Henderson
Fabinho
Thiago
Szoboszlai
Mac Allister
Elliot
Jones
Bajcetic

Forwards

Salah
Nunez
Gakpo
Diaz
Jota
Carvalho  (loaned out for Season)

That's pretty much it unless we promote some from the academy like Doak, Gordon and Bradley for the cups.

Bound to be some more comings and goings before the season starts as well. 

With what is named up there I think would be good enough to get us back in the CL places next season.  Who knows though but if Salah can do what he does again alongside Nunez and Gakpo stepping up we could get ourselves in the mix.  Hopefully we won't be cursed with injuries either.

That bit in bold is the biggest factor in my opinion. You can have the best squad is the world but if you're missing a big chuck of them for a big chunk of the season it means nothing. We have to keep the bulk of our squad fit for the bulk of the season like the 21/22 season. We clearly messed up our season prep this time last year. We had a host of injury problems between July and November. We need to get our pre-season right. Thankfully no players picked up injuries in the internationals.

I think from those listed on the academy page, it's probably Bradley, Quansah, Morton, Doak, and Clark we're most likely to see in the cups and EL. Although some of them might still go out on loan. Gordon is back doing some work in the gym but I'd image we'll have to build him up over the next few months having been out for a year and a half.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:24 pm

We still have a few who are prone to picking up small injuries but fingers crossed we will manage and prepare better this year.  Having everyone properly warmed up before games,  diagnosing injuries better and quicker along with proper rehab before they start coming back. Klopp always talking about using the squad but only does when he really has to.  Those are things that cost us previously imo.

Apparently we are looking to bring in another mid regardless of what happens with Hendo and Fab. Certainly linked with enough but just wish it was done for the start of preseason. That's where the bonding gets done and that's important for new lads settling in.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:33 pm

So we lost Hendo and Fabinho and we just added Endo. On the whole Endo for Fab and Henderson seems like a backward step but last year what really killed us was a midfield with no control or intensity and mainly Fabinho and Henderson were playing. I think it is with certainty that compared to last year we will be much stronger.

Our young forwards would be a year wiser, our midfield is finally balanced and our defense will reap the benefit of that. Trent should go back to RB and fourth defender as well as going back to being an assist king. His speed will be helpful in snuffing out the ball over the top. Although not the greatest defender, his speed will disrupt counter attacks while others be it Konate or the DM can cover. I think Konate will look better this year as he doesn’t have to cover so much ground as he did last year with Trent’s hybrid role.

In midfield I think we look good. We have athleticism, technical skill and game intelligence. We never really had all that since Klopp came so I’m excited to watch a good midfield rather than a hard working midfield. It will be such a different team this year but looking at the players brought in they all seem like calm team players, something Klopp values a lot. I still see no egos or toxic players in the team that think they are bigger than the team. The team is young now having shed so much age this summer and I think with another young DM we will have the nucleus of another good team.

:buttrock  :buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:25 pm

TOP 10 MOST EXPENSIVE SQUADS IN THE WORLD

Club                   Goalkeepers    Defenders Midfielders  Forward  TOTAL

Manchester United     £52m      £329m      £254m      £353m      £988m
Chelsea                     £40m      £297m      £364m      £274m      £974m
Manchester City          £41m      £310m      £317m      £227m      £896m
PSG                           £16m      £210m      £156m      £479m      £859m
Arsenal                     £34m      £217m      £321m      £146m      £718m
Tottenham                 £32m      £223m      £246m      £211m      £713m
Liverpool.                  £63m      £138m      £186m      £275m     £661m
Real Madrid             £46m        £99m        £384m      £80m      £608m
Newcastle United     £18m      £129m      £224m      £197m      £567m
West Ham United     £16m      £131m      £162m      £124m      £434m

For me defense needs investing in. Looking at that City spent well
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:31 am

PSR Situation

The big six have always been in a world of their own financially and Liverpool are no exception to this rule with a comfortable PSR calculation of +£11.3m for 2019-2022 and that is before any exemptions are factored in. Their wages to turnover ratio averaged at 63% for the same period, so there's plenty of scope to flex their financial muscle should they see fit. Some signings from 2023 will need to go into this mix but revenues of nearly £600m in 2022 means no issues there also. The shock departure of Jurgen Klopp in the summer of 2024 may cause some squad movement but they are in good shape to spend, especially if they decide this summer is the time to cash in on Mo Salah, should a bid from Saudi Arabia come back around.

Ability to spend: 5 (out of 5]

Transfer plans

So much is up in the air as contract situations for Salah, Virgil Van Dijk and Trent Alexander-Arnold are a priority before we get to the summer window. News that Klopp is leaving really does mean they have to tread carefully and make sure any future transfer targets continue to fit with the philosophy of a new manager.

Liverpool have been looking at centre halves and the good news from the PSR situation is that their top targets are attainable. Key scouting has been centred around Goncalo Inacio at Sporting Lisbon, while Piero Hincapie of Bayer Leverkusen has been looked at and that really could be intriguing if his current boss Xabi Alonso moves to Anfield. Links with Levi Colwill from Chelsea could return but that deal is near impossible. If Salah goes then there will be plenty of speculation around an elite front man coming in - and Liverpool have the funds to sign almost any forward in the game.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion