The 2022 Qatar World Cup thread

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:28 pm

One thing I’d give this World Cup is that you couldn’t exactly accuse it of being predictable, the amount of surprising results is ridiculous
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:39 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:28 pm wrote:One thing I’d give this World Cup is that you couldn’t exactly accuse it of being predictable, the amount of surprising results is ridiculous

:nod Agreed. The amount of times a seemingly technically superior team has been overcome by the sheer guts and determination from teams of a "lesser" standard has been a revelation and a joy to watch.

The old establishment of the worlds "top" footballing nations are certainly being challenged here .

Hope our scouts are out there and busy taking notes.   :lookaround

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:04 am

Some talk of Hendo being included in the line up for tonight’s game v Senegal. If he could force his way into the starting XI and England somehow went on to win the thing he would have a hell of a CV.
He’d finish his career with a CV like Bobby Charlton’s.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:21 pm

You can see how much Bellingham respects Henderson.. he seems really close with both Trent and Jordan behind the scenes.

My fear was that he'd have a unbelievable WC and we'd be priced out of signing him after it's finished.

He's been so good so far and he's saying all the right things in wanting to join us without disrespecting Dortmund. At 19 years old you potentially have a player for the next 15 years. Is £100m a good investment? Its a no brainer surely.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion