Drummerphil tributes & rememberance - Leave your respects he

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Eagle » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:27 pm

Hi Han. This forum isn't as active as it used to be and a lot of the folk who were mates with your dad have moved onto other forums. I remember Phil fondly for his straight talking and great sense of humour. More than once he had me laughing out loud in front of my screen! He'll always be remembered fondly by those who knew him on here.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:14 am

Eagle » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:27 pm wrote:Hi Han. This forum isn't as active as it used to be and a lot of the folk who were mates with your dad have moved onto other forums. I remember Phil fondly for his straight talking and great sense of humour. More than once he had me laughing out loud in front of my screen! He'll always be remembered fondly by those who knew him on here.

When I think of Phil I just think of not just Istanbul but that entire 2005 CL campaign. I know it meant a lot to him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Han06 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:09 pm

Thank you both for replying. Lovely to know he's still missed on here even after all these years, I've laughed and cried reading his posts he certainly had a way with words lol.
Take care both of you x
Han06
LFC Basic Member

Postby Reg » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:50 pm

Hello Han, nice to have you aboard. We had some great posters in the past and the banter with your old man was typical of a very enjoyable period. Though he's gone, many, many times when I open the forum I see his tribute post proudly sitting at the top of the list. He's not forgotten by us and you should be very proud of the man he was and also the love that he and Karen had and still have for each other, which always shone through. Please pass her all our best regards and our best wishes. Reg.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:26 am

Han06 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:34 pm wrote:Firstly, I'd like to start off by saying WOW.
I have only just discovered this page and truly touched by all the love, kindness and support you have all shown my Dad during his illness and after his passing. I would like to thank each and every one of you for everything that you did for him at that time.
From donations, to signed memorabilia to checking in on him and keeping him occupied through a horrific time.
I knew he was a football fanatic but didn't realise how much so. I was 10 when he died so as you can imagine I didn't know much back then. I don't know if his friends still use this site but would love to think that they do.
I'd just like to say thank you,
Thank you for all that you did or tried to do for him. You've all brought me so much comfort to know that he knew how much he was loved by you all.
Reading his threads and your responses have been overwhelming, to read his own words written down has been somewhat heartbreaking but amazing at the same time.
So THANK YOU. Thank you isn't enough for what you did for him.
It's amazing how football can bring people together and I can definitely vouch for my Dad when I say you are all amazing.

Lots of love to you all and again thank you,
Drummerphils daughter xx

Y.N.W.A

That is beautiful to read Han, thank you for posting. Drummerphil was a leading light of our forum at it's heyday some years ago, he was a real character and was very open and frank about his disease at the time. There are many on here who still remember him well, that time around 2004, 2005 was so exciting with Rafa, Stevie G, Istanbul etc. etc. I just lost my own Dad a few weeks ago and while immeasurably different to yourself it was still a tough time. Best wishes,
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:31 pm

Sorry to hear that about your dad FC.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:07 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:31 pm wrote:Sorry to hear that about your dad FC.

Thanks mate.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:00 am

Han06 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:34 pm wrote:Firstly, I'd like to start off by saying WOW.
I have only just discovered this page and truly touched by all the love, kindness and support you have all shown my Dad during his illness and after his passing. I would like to thank each and every one of you for everything that you did for him at that time.
From donations, to signed memorabilia to checking in on him and keeping him occupied through a horrific time.
I knew he was a football fanatic but didn't realise how much so. I was 10 when he died so as you can imagine I didn't know much back then. I don't know if his friends still use this site but would love to think that they do.
I'd just like to say thank you,
Thank you for all that you did or tried to do for him. You've all brought me so much comfort to know that he knew how much he was loved by you all.
Reading his threads and your responses have been overwhelming, to read his own words written down has been somewhat heartbreaking but amazing at the same time.
So THANK YOU. Thank you isn't enough for what you did for him.
It's amazing how football can bring people together and I can definitely vouch for my Dad when I say you are all amazing.

Lots of love to you all and again thank you,
Drummerphils daughter xx

Y.N.W.A

Lovely to hear from you. I use to enjoy my online chats with your dad about LFC and the world in general.

Can't believe how much time has passed - it really doesn't seem that long ago when he broke the awful news.

And as some has already said, your dad was a legend here. He was a funny and knowledgeable guy. I still think of him from time to time.

YNWA
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion