Liverpool v Porto (CL ) - Wed 24 Nov 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Eagle » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:04 pm

We've topped the group already but we obtain around £2.5m for each CL group stage game we win and about £750,000 for a draw. It's also a Champions League game at home against the team sitting second in the group. So I don't expect a side full of kids being sent out to get their ***** handed to them.

Unfortunately a lot of our backup players are out injured at the moment but we should see Kelleher, N Williams, Konate, Nat Phillips, Minamino and Origi, mixed in with some first teamers. 5 subs means we might have a few preplanned changes at half time with some first teamers only getting 45 mins each.
Eagle

Postby damjan193 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:37 pm

We'll probably see a mixed squad of our starting 11 and back-up players like Minamino, doubt we'll see any teenagers though, at least not at the start. We'll try to rest a few but we'll also want to win for the money, as Klopp said. Not sure I agree with that but considering the amount of unavailable players we have atm a mixed squad is probably our only option anyway. Here's my predicted line-up:

Kelleher

Trent    Matip     Konate    Tsimikas

Fabinho
             Chambo      Thiago

Salah         Jota        Minamino

I think Origi is unavailable as well (he wasn't on the bench against Arsenal). If he's fit he might start though.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:18 pm

I'd play 4-4-2 beef up the midfield and settle for 1-0 to max the win bonus. A beefier midfield would dominate, protect the back 4 and allow Mo a night off (bench).
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:05 pm

I think he'll put out his strongest available XI, I reckon the club wants that £2.5m.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:06 pm

Alisson
Neco
Matip
Konate
Tsimikas
Ox
Thiago
Morton
Salah
Taki
Mane
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:59 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:06 pm wrote:Alisson
Neco
Matip
Konate
Tsimikas
Ox
Thiago
Morton
Salah
Taki
Mane

Would be very very surprised if Alisson, Salah and Mane started this one.

We're never gonna roll over BUT with top spot in the group secured it's not a must win game. .

I fully expect "2nd string" players in all positions in the starting line up .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:32 pm

That's the official starting line-up woof.

I think it's a good line-up, a mixture of experienced players, squad players and youngsters. Would have liked to see Kelleher play a bit too though.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:38 pm

damjan193 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:32 pm wrote:That's the official starting line-up woof.

I think it's a good line-up, a mixture of experienced players, squad players and youngsters. Would have liked to see Kelleher play a bit too though.

Honestly surprised by that Damjam. It's a good line up but given the games we've got coming up in December I thought some players may have been given a rest and other fringe players given a run out.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:55 pm

Also surprised. Please no injuries.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:59 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:38 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:32 pm wrote:That's the official starting line-up woof.

Honestly surprised by that Damjam. It's a good line up but given the games we've got coming up in December I thought some players may have been given a rest and other fringe players given a run out.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rest everyone as well and I think it's a bad idea to risk our main players needlessly. But considering Klopp's comments that the club wants to win as many CL games as possible because they bring in a lot of money, I'm actually even a bit surprised that that many players are being rested :D .

Anyway, hopefully we'll get the job done as early as possible so we could take off the likes of Salah and Mane.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:16 am

Thought AOC had another good game as did Thiago. Konate is going to be some player as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:11 am

Ox has looked quite good these past few games. I'd all but written him off after his injuries, but he's working hard and provides a lot of defensive cover, too. Hope it continues.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:18 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:16 am wrote:Thought AOC had another good game as did Thiago. Konate is going to be some player as well.

Agree, agree and agree. There's a bit more about Taki now as well. And seeing Milner, Hendo, Robbo getting a run out was awesome. Would have loved to have seen Neco get a run in midfield with Conor Bradley at right back but I think I'll have to accept that's not going to happen! It really was the perfect dead rubber.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:24 am

Valuable minutes for Williams, Konate, Morton and Minamino. Thiago too coming back from injury. Ox is starting to find some rhythm and showing that he still has that burst to get away from people. It's always difficult for fringe players when they get chucked in 1 game every 4 or 5 weeks and are not in rhythm. I think if the likes of Ox and Minamino got 4 or 5 games in a row they'd show they have more to contribute than we think. But I guess they need a few players ahead of them to get injured. Robbo was great when he came on and seemed to have a point to prove. Competition for places does bring out the best in players

Thiago's goal was beautiful. The way he had to come round it and then control a ball on the bounce with such pure technique.

Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:00 pm

What I like about OAC's contribution lately is that its not just about the stuff you expect i.e him going past people and shooting from range etc. He's been winning the ball back, making vital tackles/blocks, tracking runners and screening the back 4 etc. He's sort of developing into a true Gerrard type box to box midfielder who can do everything, someone who's good at attacking but equally good defensively, indeed some of his best contributions have been in our own box. He's not a one trick pony anymore, he's looking like a proper midfielder, not an AM, not a DM, just a proper old school midfielder.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games