Liverpool vs Porto 09/04 20:00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:03 pm

Not the most convincing performance but we managed to score 2 and keep a clean sheet so Porto will have to do something special in the second leg to progress.
Re the City/Tottenham game, you'd still fancy City to go through but they will be playing under pressure, if Spurs nick a goal at the Etihad City will need 3.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:10 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:03 pm wrote:Not the most convincing performance but we managed to score 2 and keep a clean sheet so Porto will have to do something special in the second leg to progress.
Re the City/Tottenham game, you'd still fancy City to go through but they will be playing under pressure, if Spurs nick a goal at the Etihad City will need 3.

The more pressure, work and stress City get the better. They've now lost one and some doubt will be creeping in. And now they have to travel to Palace for a tricky away game, before facing Spuds again...and again.  And after that? Manure away.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:18 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:03 pm wrote:Not the most convincing performance but we managed to score 2 and keep a clean sheet so Porto will have to do something special in the second leg to progress.

Regardless, spurs somehow kept a clean sheet and it will effect their performance at the eitihad a great deal, when ye old mind games, added pressure and fatigue, kick in.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:23 pm

Would've like another however fairly happy with a 2-0 win, crucial we got a clean sheet. Porto look threatening at times when they attack. I think they will score in the 2nd leg but so will we.

Ha Spurs won!!! Well done to Kane and co.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:30 pm

Never thought it was going to be as easy some people expected. One goal at Porto and they will have a very difficult task on their hands. Hopefully we have done enough.

Some stand out performances from Keita, Fabinho, Henderson, VVD and Firmino. Great team goal for Bobby. Great to Nabby on the scoresheet again. Thought he was MOTM and is massively growing in confidence which is great to see with the games we have got left to play. As fo Mo he is a very lucky lad - wasn’t his best night.

Well done Reds !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:31 pm

City rested Sane and De Bruyne also played Otamendi over Stones.. Not sure if Bernado is injured? But he didn't play also.

I've noticed they've been going really hard recently as a team in all comps.. I think we're starting to see fatigue really starting to set in. We have been really smart this year resting players at key times.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:38 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:31 pm wrote:City rested Sane and De Bruyne also played Otamendi over Stones.. Not sure if Bernado is injured? But he didn't play also.

I've noticed they've been going really hard recently as a team in all comps.. I think we're starting to see fatigue really starting to set in. We have been really smart this year resting players at key times.

When our game ended I flicked the telly over to see how City got on, they were still playing (6 mins of extra time in that game) and both De Bruyne and Sane were on the pitch, must have come off the bench.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:38 pm

Looking at the Tottenham City highlights, what an awful decision for the penalty, and I have to agree with the commentator, the game is taking a step in the wrong direction with these decisions.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:40 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:10 pm wrote:

The more pressure, work and stress City get the better. They've now lost one and some doubt will be creeping in. And now they have to travel to Palace for a tricky away game, before facing Spuds again...and again.  And after that? Manure away.

Yep, if we can beat Chelsea on Sunday the pressure will really crank up on City.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:17 pm

Good performance tonight and good result although we probably should have had one or two more goals to show for it.

A couple of good stand out performances from a few lads as well. Keita progressing a bit and looking like an added threat with 2 in 2. Good to see Shaq ready to come on anyway  :D . and he could be a bonus against Chelsea. 

Its a great result to go there with and at some point they will have to throw everything at it which will open them up. Also that VAR is a game killer and going to end up costing someone big time  :nod

Good result for Spurs but I would much prefer they beat them in the league  :nod  Chelsea next for us so lets keep the dream alive!!  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:14 am

Good result, would have liked 3 to have made it that more comfortable in the second leg - but if we're professional enough which I know we will be, then we'll go through.

Good to see City lose to Spurs with players rested. It hopefully plays out like this:

- City will play a full side against Palace on the weekend and win.

-They'll probably have to play the same side to overcome Spurs a few days later; perhaps they win and overturn that result and resume quadruple status having to play more games.

- They'll also have to play their best side against a vengeful Spurs side again a few days later and will look leggy against a side hurt at being knocked out in the CL, and either lose or draw.

Liverpool simply must keep on winning.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:20 pm

I've got a feeling he'll rest players for the Palace game knowing that's gonna be the easiest game in a busy schedule. Hopefully they then drop points and add pressure for the Spurs game and then the 2 league games after against Spurs and United.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:12 pm

Add Gomez instead of Lovren and Robbo instead of Milner and last night was our strongest line up - the midfield knitted nicely together with Fabinho being very secure to allow Hendo and Naby to influence going forward - 3 goals from midfield in the last couple of games
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:26 pm

All I keep hearing from pundits and the press alike was that Liverpool have been very "lucky" against Porto (eg, Salah's red card, Trent's handball, Keita's deflection blah blah blah) but no one mentioned anything about City bottling it at the most important time of the season  :laugh: come home #19 and #6  :buttrock
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:30 pm

We seem to be a bit open down our right hand side lately, Trent keeps getting caught out of position, the lad is only 20 and has a lot of ground to cover so that is going to happen but we need to do something to address it. It's going to cost us one of these days. You can bet your bottom dollar Chelsea will be trying to get Hazard down that channel on Sunday, if I can see it I'm sure their analysts can.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games