Liverpool v Porto (CL ) - Wed 24 Nov 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:00 pm wrote:What I like about OAC's contribution lately is that its not just about the stuff you expect i.e him going past people and shooting from range etc. He's been winning the ball back, making vital tackles/blocks, tracking runners and screening the back 4 etc. He's sort of developing into a true Gerrard type box to box midfielder who can do everything, someone who's good at attacking but equally good defensively, indeed some of his best contributions have been in our own box. He's not a one trick pony anymore, he's looking like a proper midfielder, not an AM, not a DM, just a proper old school midfielder.

Let's hope that's all true Yakka.

Great result and good to see the non-first team lads get a run in europe and well done to them.  Our 5 wins have brought in 12 million pounds so we'll be out to beat Milan as well.
How does the EPL work, does a club make money every week basis win, draw or lose?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:35 pm

Reasonably straight forward considering there wasn't a lot to play for other than pride and approx £3m prize money. Be really good to get maximum group table points.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:51 pm

Excellent win, a sublime goal by a truly fantastic technical player in Thiago the game needed such a top draw goal to inspire a good win, the young lad Morton did ever so well,  he will be developed to be a good player for LFC.

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:00 pm wrote:What I like about OAC's contribution lately is that its not just about the stuff you expect i.e him going past people and shooting from range etc. He's been winning the ball back, making vital tackles/blocks, tracking runners and screening the back 4 etc. He's sort of developing into a true Gerrard type box to box midfielder who can do everything, someone who's good at attacking but equally good defensively, indeed some of his best contributions have been in our own box. He's not a one trick pony anymore, he's looking like a proper midfielder, not an AM, not a DM, just a proper old school midfielder.

I don't think that lack of quality has ever been his problem. His regular injuries and drop of form as a result is what has been the main concern with him throughout the years. I'm pretty sure that if he can stay fit for most of the time he'll be a huge asset to this team, but that's too much to wish for IMO. Same with Keita unfortunately, and so far not as bad but pretty close with Thiago as well. Doesn't matter how good you are if you can't play most of the time.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:17 pm

damjan193 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:41 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:00 pm wrote:What I like about OAC's contribution lately is that its not just about the stuff you expect i.e him going past people and shooting from range etc. He's been winning the ball back, making vital tackles/blocks, tracking runners and screening the back 4 etc. He's sort of developing into a true Gerrard type box to box midfielder who can do everything, someone who's good at attacking but equally good defensively, indeed some of his best contributions have been in our own box. He's not a one trick pony anymore, he's looking like a proper midfielder, not an AM, not a DM, just a proper old school midfielder.

I don't think that lack of quality has ever been his problem. His regular injuries and drop of form as a result is what has been the main concern with him throughout the years. I'm pretty sure that if he can stay fit for most of the time he'll be a huge asset to this team, but that's too much to wish for IMO. Same with Keita unfortunately, and so far not as bad but pretty close with Thiago as well. Doesn't matter how good you are if you can't play most of the time.

Coming round to a year with no injury. Also was available for the vast majority of his first season and the season we won the league.

I think the Ox will always be what he has been since he started his career. Someone who is a tryer and has some good qualities that are valuable but he'll always be inconsistent. His head drops and he loses confidence very quickly when things aren't going well for him and he starts over complicating things and giving the ball away. He's never grown out of that. But doesn't mean he can't contribute as a good squad player who will have hot patches. Sort of think he should stay in the team right now as he's in a good form.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:55 pm

Ox's performances when he joined us were superb. He has the talent and speed, it's more a matter of staying fit!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:27 am

Eagle » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:17 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:41 pm wrote:

Coming round to a year with no injury. Also was available for the vast majority of his first season and the season we won the league.

I think the Ox will always be what he has been since he started his career. Someone who is a tryer and has some good qualities that are valuable but he'll always be inconsistent. His head drops and he loses confidence very quickly when things aren't going well for him and he starts over complicating things and giving the ball away. He's never grown out of that. But doesn't mean he can't contribute as a good squad player who will have hot patches. Sort of think he should stay in the team right now as he's in a good form.

I think that is a good assessment of Ox, I will add though that maybe he has not been injured in a year or so as his minutes on the pitch haven’t been that much. He was injury prone at Arsenal as well. All players get injured but some have a higher tolerance to pain and suck it up. Didi Hamman played that final in Istanbul with a broken foot, Suarez probably another one that seem to always be fit that I would bet has a high pain threshold (except for his teeth while trying to bite Italian defenders  :cool: )
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games