LIVERPOOL v's Atletico M  Wed 11.Mch 8.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:57 pm

The footwork and positioning of Adrian will be under scrutiny but let's not pull a wool over the fact that our front three should have wrapped this up inside 90mins. Jurgen will need to be ruthless this Summer our forwards are getting stale
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:57 pm

Just find it difficult to move away from Mo loses so much possession these days and his finishing has gone right down the pan.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:03 am

I won't say too much about Mo because (1) he have the stats to throw back at me (2) 50% of the guys here would tell me I don't know my football

Like I said, Jurgen need to be ruthless this Summer. Not saying Mo need to go because I loved him but something is very wrong with our front three. We need absolutely top tier quality and I'm not sure if we could get the player(s) that we wanted seeing how we very sharply tailed off as the season goes on. We lost all our cutting edge, both in front and at the back

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:04 am

I thought Mo had a decent game myself, he was very lively.
We played well, Atletico just got the breaks when they needed them, their goal in the first leg was jammy as ***** and just when it looked like tonight’s game was getting away from them they got another gift.
Their keeper was outstanding on the night as well.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:07 am

We had chances and were on the front foot for most of the game. But since the winter break we've been Sh*t and it NEVER works
to just believe that you can flip on a switch when needed as you have been playing poorly for weeks.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:51 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:04 pm wrote:Their keeper was outstanding on the night as well.

Just happened to be Jan Fucking Oblak  :Oo: ...the only other keeper in this planet who would replaced Alisson and not missed a beat IMO

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chriserfolg » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:05 am

Sorry Adrian , thank you and goodbye.

Team played well . Undeserving
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby redshade » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:10 am

Gutted, we should've beat these lot. Oh well shyte happens, chin up lads we are still going to win the league.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:59 am

Absolutely gutted and angry, going back to hard work being undone by incompetent keepers is hard to swallow, I thought we had moved on from that. I was so worried that Adrian would have a brain fart but didn’t think it would be Sunday league stuff. AM had no right to celebrate at Anfield and they did because of an amateurish goalkeeper. We can blame the front three for not scoring but we were playing the best defensive team in Europe and they were parking the bus, to have scored would have been  exceptional and we scored two so they did ok. We had absolute control with minutes remaining and the tie turned on its head from very low standard play. I can accept the poor pass that got intercepted, its the amateurish attempted save that I cannot live with. He does it all too often and did it too many times at West Ham, it is him and his level. Frankly he makes me nervous every time I see him playing and I’d rather a young goalie making mistakes than an idiot, I don't think I am over reacting either. Onwards and upwards but I hope that upwards includes a new backup keeper.

We went from a season that we could only have dreamed about, one that we have never achieved even considering our fantastic history, to a canter down the final stretch to reclaim our title (hopefully), definitely an anti climax. I actually thought we looked excellent as a team and Adrian did not have much to do, but he still managed to f*ck it up.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:53 am

Let's be thankful for what we have - we're going to win the League after 30 years!

COYR!!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tommy Smith » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:28 am

never mind ..Sh*t happens.....champions of the world, champions of Europe and soon to be champions of England....
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:42 am

Reg » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 am wrote:Let's be thankful for what we have - we're going to win the League after 30 years!

COYR!!

Actually it wouldn’t surprise me if the league got abandoned, just been reading about how the NBA over in the states has been suspended because a player has tested positive for corona virus and let’s face it it would only take a handful of players from different clubs to test positive to bring football in this country to a grinding halt.
From what I’m reading as well this is only the start of it, apparently the government have given up hope of containing the virus and are now just trying to slow it down so in about a month or so we will probably be like Italy is now.
Then it’s just a question how long it all lasts, if it drags on till say June or July can you see the premier league/uefa etc restarting everything or given that a new season starts in August will they just write this season off?
Apparently a Juventus player has just tested positive as well so it looks like they won’t be playing in the CL anytime soon.
Corona virus has just been declared a pandemic by the WHO, it’s not a joke. The quicker we get this title wrapped up the better, it will be practically impossible to take it off us if we’ve already won it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:20 pm

after 90 mins we had 26 shots on goal and 1 goal to show for it. As far as I'm concerned thats f*cking garbage. Find the net or find another club. We're still short of a decent backup goalie as Adrian is f*cking woeful and can not keep clean sheets. Allison had got us a cracking clean sheet record last season and as soon as this clown got between the sticks at the start of the season he single handily ***** it all up within 2 games. Far as I am concerned he can do one. As for the strikers/front line, we're short of a goal scorer who can find the onion bag more regular. we've not been beating teams by more than a goal or 2 for most of the season, Werner would've been a good option last night. Well done winning the league but it all seems a bit flat after last night.

total count after extra time we had 34 shots on goal, they had 10.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:43 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:42 am wrote:
Reg » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 am wrote:Let's be thankful for what we have - we're going to win the League after 30 years!

COYR!!

Actually it wouldn’t surprise me if the league got abandoned, just been reading about how the NBA over in the states has been suspended because a player has tested positive for corona virus and let’s face it it would only take a handful of players from different clubs to test positive to bring football in this country to a grinding halt.
From what I’m reading as well this is only the start of it, apparently the government have given up hope of containing the virus and are now just trying to slow it down so in about a month or so we will probably be like Italy is now.
Then it’s just a question how long it all lasts, if it drags on till say June or July can you see the premier league/uefa etc restarting everything or given that a new season starts in August will they just write this season off?
Apparently a Juventus player has just tested positive as well so it looks like they won’t be playing in the CL anytime soon.
Corona virus has just been declared a pandemic by the WHO, it’s not a joke. The quicker we get this title wrapped up the better, it will be practically impossible to take it off us if we’ve already won it.

You can add Real Madrid to Juventus now, apparently RM’s basketball team use some of the same training facilities as their footy players and one of them has tested positive for corona virus. RM have announced that anyone associated with the club will be self isolating for at least a fortnight, obviously if anyone else gets it that period will be extended.
I’m telling you, we need to get this thing done and dusted as soon as possible, we play Everton on Monday then Palace the following Saturday, after that there’s a international break, the way things seem to be escalating by the day I’ll be surprised if games are still being played by that point (early April). I think we’ll probably be in lock down mode by then like Italy is now.
This upcoming derby game is a must win imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:57 pm

I think the league being called off is going to happen in a matter of days. Cases are rising in the UK along with community transmission and it's already hit the players with some clubs having players in self isolation. Country's are beginning to lock down travel as well so it's just a matter of time imo.

Anyway where will that leave us?. We are fecking running away with it and only a couple of games away from mathematicaly sealing it. Will we be given it on that basis or will they just scrap it altogether?. Even if they do give it to us and the league is called off it will be recorded with asterisks beside it  :angry:  just our fecking luck  :(
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games