Joe Gomez Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:21 pm

Reg » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:15 pm wrote:I don't see things through rose tinted glasses Yakka... the port of Liverpool was under massive decline with the advent of the container and joining the EU and emphasis moving to the south coast ports. Now you might think two teams of stevedores working ships was normal, one working whilst the other slept but economically it doesn't work. Thatcher laid waste to the heartland...? why/where? You mean uneconomical steel plants or unionised car plants run by Red Robbo and his mates? Jeez Yakka, you're saying Thatcher got pi$$ed off for no better reason that to destroy the country and not as a result of left wing union activity that had already brought down the Heath and Wilson/Callaghan governments already and looked invincible and able to destroy any government that challenged them by trying to regain management control? And Hatton took advantage of that or tried to find solutions? That little sh!t dug the hole as deep as he could as quickly as he could.  The union history of managed decline Yakka, not a government's history of managed decline. Feck me, you sound like this Corbyn a$$hole who wants to recreate the stupidity of the 70's....

What a load of right wing shyte.
For 90% of their history the docks where a terrible place to work, there's a Cilla Black interview on YouTube where she is telling Michael Parkinson about the conditions her arl fella (a Liverpool docker) worked in and worked under.
She herself described it as 'barbaric' and this was a woman as Tory as you. Go and listen to her describe the tally system where men would congregate outside of the dock gates waiting for the foreman to arrive, once he'd handed tallies out to his mates he'd scatter the rest across the pavement and watch as men literally fought each other for the chance to earn a day's pay.
As for all that guff about unions and the 70's are you the industrial editor of the s*n or the daily mail or something? I just wish there was a magic button that people who slag off unions could press to take them back to a time before unions existed. The hardships of the 70's were down global economic issues like the oil crisis, the US had right wing presidents from the late 60's right up to Carter's election in the late 70's and they were in a worse state than us, they had rubbish mountains that made ours look like mole hills and cities like New York famously ran out of money, they actually switched the lights out at one point because NYC couldn't pay its bills which triggered a crime wave. That all happened on the Republicans watch, when they had been in power a decade so it wasn't a left or right issue.
Due to the global economic situation of the time there was pressure on heavy industry/manufacturing but countries like Germany understood that it was a temporary issue and invested in their industries, now they are the powerhouse of Europe because of it. Incidentally at that time it cost twice as much to get a ton of coal out of the ground in West Germany as it did in the UK so all that cr@p about lazy workers is rubbish too.
And you go on about Corbyn, come and have a look around Liverpool city centre at the people living in cardboard boxes in shop doorways, the Tories have run this country into the ground - food banks, soup kitchens, zero hour contracts, child poverty, homelessness, the NHS on its last legs, knife crime through the roof.....they have ruined this country, they have divided it up into a nation of have's and have nots.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:39 pm

No self respecting Liverpool fan shoold ever vote Tory
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:33 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:39 pm wrote:No self respecting Liverpool fan shoold ever vote Tory

I know what you are saying Ben but personally speaking I'm not in the business of telling anyone who they should vote for, that's their business. You've gone up in my estimation though I will say that much.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:45 pm

Seeing as people have brought politics on to the forum, here is the latest tory manifesto.
Much the same as previous ones I suspect...?

https://www.thetorymanifesto.com/?fbcli ... r6c2Y2Npus
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:57 pm

Thommo's perm » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:45 pm wrote:Seeing as people have brought politics on to the forum, here is the latest tory manifesto.
Much the same as previous ones I suspect...?

https://www.thetorymanifesto.com/?fbcli ... r6c2Y2Npus

It will be the usual, tax cuts for the rich, beat up on the poor etc etc, the manifesto won't actually say that, it will be full of bluster like when Cameron promised there wouldn't be any top down reorganisation of the NHS and when he tried to blag everyone that he was concerned about the environment (vote blue go green) only to do the complete opposite when he got in.
People seem to fall for it every time though, at heart we are a country of cap doffers who bow down to our social superiors.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:11 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:21 am wrote:
Reg » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:15 pm wrote:I don't see things through rose tinted glasses Yakka... the port of Liverpool was under massive decline with the advent of the container and joining the EU and emphasis moving to the south coast ports. Now you might think two teams of stevedores working ships was normal, one working whilst the other slept but economically it doesn't work. Thatcher laid waste to the heartland...? why/where? You mean uneconomical steel plants or unionised car plants run by Red Robbo and his mates? Jeez Yakka, you're saying Thatcher got pi$$ed off for no better reason that to destroy the country and not as a result of left wing union activity that had already brought down the Heath and Wilson/Callaghan governments already and looked invincible and able to destroy any government that challenged them by trying to regain management control? And Hatton took advantage of that or tried to find solutions? That little sh!t dug the hole as deep as he could as quickly as he could.  The union history of managed decline Yakka, not a government's history of managed decline. Feck me, you sound like this Corbyn a$$hole who wants to recreate the stupidity of the 70's....

What a load of right wing shyte.
For 90% of their history the docks where a terrible place to work, there's a Cilla Black interview on YouTube where she is telling Michael Parkinson about the conditions her arl fella (a Liverpool docker) worked in and worked under.
She herself described it as 'barbaric' and this was a woman as Tory as you. Go and listen to her describe the tally system where men would congregate outside of the dock gates waiting for the foreman to arrive, once he'd handed tallies out to his mates he'd scatter the rest across the pavement and watch as men literally fought each other for the chance to earn a day's pay.
As for all that guff about unions and the 70's are you the industrial editor of the s*n or the daily mail or something? I just wish there was a magic button that people who slag off unions could press to take them back to a time before unions existed. The hardships of the 70's were down global economic issues like the oil crisis, the US had right wing presidents from the late 60's right up to Carter's election in the late 70's and they were in a worse state than us, they had rubbish mountains that made ours look like mole hills and cities like New York famously ran out of money, they actually switched the lights out at one point because NYC couldn't pay its bills which triggered a crime wave. That all happened on the Republicans watch, when they had been in power a decade so it wasn't a left or right issue.
Due to the global economic situation of the time there was pressure on heavy industry/manufacturing but countries like Germany understood that it was a temporary issue and invested in their industries, now they are the powerhouse of Europe because of it. Incidentally at that time it cost twice as much to get a ton of coal out of the ground in West Germany as it did in the UK so all that cr@p about lazy workers is rubbish too.
And you go on about Corbyn, come and have a look around Liverpool city centre at the people living in cardboard boxes in shop doorways, the Tories have run this country into the ground - food banks, soup kitchens, zero hour contracts, child poverty, homelessness, the NHS on its last legs, knife crime through the roof.....they have ruined this country, they have divided it up into a nation of have's and have nots.

Yakka you're confusing things.... the foreman was clearly unsuitable for responsibility treating fellow workers like that but who are you trying to blame? You think the dock board told him to throw them on the ground?  :Oo:

You use the expression 'right wing' I'm not commenting as a politician but as an economist - right wing/left wing had nothing to do with it. Heath went crawling to the IMF for a loan, Wilson went crawling to the yanks for a loan.. You're right, the world didn't know how to cope with successive oil crisis, it was a new phenomenon when before then  fuel related issues (car efficiency, oil powered power stations etc..) had never been an issue. Odd to 'blame' it on the republicans though! Concerning coal costs, yeah, I bet the cost difference was due to the type of mining and seams, nothing to do with laziness which no one has mentioned.

The Tories have run the country into the ground.... no, it was Blair/Brown who nearly bankrupted the country and were thrown out of power for it. It was they who lied about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq... don't imagine there's any difference between the 2 parties mate, thats a fantasy. Social behaviour has changed, some parents brought their kids up to believe knife crime is acceptable, begging has become the norm, people seem to see a choice between a low paid job and taking the unemployment, food kitchen and begging route - that was also the case 40 years ago. Drugs have massively altered our society. The rest of europe laughs at the UK for our binge drinking addiction. I walked round Liverpool city centre in early October at 1am coming back from a party and the number of 18-22 year old kids drunk, shouting, swearing, litter on the ground - bottles, cans, chip papers  etc..  I thought do I really want to come back to this? You don't see this in other countries, no, it's just that our social standards have nose dived to new depths and we like living in our own sh!t.

The NHS on its last legs? Ha! A quick google shows  "the four National Health Services in 2015–16 employed 1.6 million people with a combined budget of £136.7 billion. In 2014 the total health sector workforce across the UK was 2,165,043.  In 2017, there were 691,000 nurses registered in the UK. Every 24 hours it sees one million patients, and with 1.7 million staff it is the fifth biggest employer in the world.In 2018, Theresa May announced that NHS in England would receive a 3.4% increase in funding every year to 2024, which would allow it to receive an extra £20bn a year in real terms funding."

£136.7 billion, 1 million patients a day...0.66% of the country's population are seen every freakin' day.... Yakka, why don't we just build a hotel for the whole country to stay in so your homeless and every other person who can't be ar$ed working can live in comfort sucking their mother's tit from birth til death bed? And who's going to pay for this? By the way, the defence budget in 2019 is 40 billion quid, 36% of the NHS budget! Wooow, who's the out of control 800lb gorilla in the room?  And Corbyn wants to spend 75 BILLION on new council homes, basically twice the defence budget - where's the money coming from? He wants to nationalise industries because the government (Diane retard Abobt??) can run industry better than business men can?!! Dream on...

Neither of the 2 political parties have yet succeeded yet in 'dividing it up into a nation of have's and have nots'. The people are very good at doing that by themselves.

Don't look at politics Yakka, look at the economics, at the end of the day that's all that counts.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:16 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:39 am wrote:No self respecting Liverpool fan shoold ever vote Tory

I would like to think that after receiving a good education you're capable of understanding the issues and taking a slightly more mature view of the consequences of voting. I don't care who you vote for but the but your comment lets you down fella.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:18 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:39 pm wrote:No self respecting Liverpool fan shoold ever vote Tory

You do post some shyte, so only people who vote for Labour led by some sort of Walter Mitty can support Liverpool. Typical left wing poo, everyone can have their opinion as long as it's the same as yours. Grow up.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:02 pm

What about Joe Gomez !

Sorry lads,we've gone way off the thread title.

i'm gonna lock this thread for a while until we're ready to talk about Joe Gomez !

If we're going to talk politics maybe someone should start a thread in general discussion.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:38 pm

Back to Joe !

Starting tonight against Napoli , lets hope he has a good one  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:51 pm

I don't like him at Right back. He always seems lost and needs direction all the time from the boys around him.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:56 pm

Agreed. Has had some good games at CB along side VVD, especially last season, but I've never seen him having a good game at RB.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:26 am

He's not a full back. And can't play the TAA role as he's not suited to it.

He's having an average season, but will come good again.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:09 pm

Good game today, as others have said in the match thread. Individually, Joe is not a better player than Matip at the moment, but Gomez and Virgil in defence is the perfect CB partnership for me, they complement each other so well. If Gomez can stay fit, that defence of ours will reach new heights.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:54 am

Credit to all the CB's Matip made the position his, Lovren bounced back and now Gomez s playing at top level. And massive credit to VVD for making all the CB pairings appear seamless. We have the best back 4 in the history of the club.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion