Adrian

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:38 pm

The former West Ham keeper is our new number 2.

Liverpool have signed former West Ham keeper Adrian to replace Simon Mignolet, who has joined Club Bruges.

Adrian, 32, was available on a free transfer having been released by the Hammers during the summer.

He played 150 times in six years for West Ham after joining them from Real Betis in 2013.

The Spaniard will fill the gap as Liverpool's back-up to first-choice Alisson Becker after Belgium keeper Mignolet's £6.4m transfer to Bruges.

"I'm very ambitious, I come here to try to win everything, to try to push Ali from the first minute and to make us better," said Adrian.

"Obviously I want to win titles. I come here to fight for all the competitions.

"We have many competitions ahead - we're going to fight for it and try to get them."

Adrian joins teenagers Sepp van den Berg and Harvey Elliott in signing for the European champions this summer.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:01 pm

What a way to start your career at a club. Came in unexpectedly as no 2 and end up making your debut in the first league match, Appearing in a European cup final a few days later and being the hero in a shootout  :laugh: 

Well in lad  :bowdown
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:35 pm

Adrian hurt due to an invading fan tackling him after the penalty shootout...WTF???
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:25 pm

only me » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:35 pm wrote:Adrian hurt due to an invading fan tackling him after the penalty shootout...WTF???

Yep, huge doubt for the Soton game. Here's the video of the injury.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ReaazAhmed/s ... 96832?s=19
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:15 am

Strange as it may seem maybe that mistake will benefit him. He was unemployed, training with a 6th tier side then all of a sudden he is playing for the European champions in a final saving the last penalty to win the cup, it must have been an emotional roll a coaster. I noticed he has been highly animated and for their part the players have been embracing him and pumping him up. To be honest I did not like the excessive movement during the penalty kicks, I though he was psyching himself out and I thought that the Chelsea keeper was the more likely to make the save but lucky for us the Chelsea player took one of the worst penalties you will ever see, not because of a good save by Adrian (he did play well during the final though).

I just think that the mistake will be a slap in the face and reminder that this is his shot and to stay focused as it could end just as quickly as it came. He did make these mistakes at West Ham and I seriously hope he sorts it out as I along with most fans will not accept another Sh*t keeper throwing away matches after getting rid of Karius and Mignolet. He has good reflexes and is brave but he stupidly tried a no look pass with Inges charging down on him and he did not even see him coming, that tells me his situational awareness is lacking and that is How you judge a good keeper, not one that has good reflexes. He needs to have a word with himself as this is a great opportunity that he may not find again and how he does could determine the rest of his career. As a keeper you could make ten great saves in a match but then one mistake like that is how you’ll be remembered, that is the nature of that position. My advice would be to knuckle down, play yourself into the team much like Andy Robertson and don’t get too cocky which let’s face it, is the best way to describe a no look pass from a keeper with a premier league attacker bearing down on him.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion