Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:23 pm

Klopp isn’t daft. He’s one of the best managers in the world and every season he’s been here we’ve improved as a team regardless of the level of transfer activity. More than anyone else, he’ll have a good idea of which players from the squad last season will be able to contribute more this year (Ox, Keita, etc), where it makes sense to keep the pathway clear for a talented youngster (Brewster, Hoever, etc) where we could do with bringing someone in, and what’s out there in the market and is achievable. He’s already shown that he isn’t not going to buy players to appease anyone, and certainly not fans on an internet forum.

In addition to keeping the squad together from last season and trying to improve that group, I’m confident we’ll be trying to do some business before the window closes in a month. With Klopp at the helm and dictating our direction, I’m pretty relaxed even if we don’t do much more.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:33 pm

Pig Catcher » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:23 pm wrote:Klopp isn’t daft. He’s one of the best managers in the world and every season he’s been here we’ve improved as a team regardless of the level of transfer activity. More than anyone else, he’ll have a good idea of which players from the squad last season will be able to contribute more this year (Ox, Keita, etc), where it makes sense to keep the pathway clear for a talented youngster (Brewster, Hoever, etc) where we could do with bringing someone in, and what’s out there in the market and is achievable. He’s already shown that he isn’t not going to buy players to appease anyone, and certainly not fans on an internet forum.

In addition to keeping the squad together from last season and trying to improve that group, I’m confident we’ll be trying to do some business before the window closes in a month. With Klopp at the helm and dictating our direction, I’m pretty relaxed even if we don’t do much more.

Excellent post
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:27 pm

I agree we should let Klopp decide but we've been very good before, not this good, then not built on that success and gone backwards.

History makes us fearful, we want longevity at the top, a title and at least a decade of being the team that sets the standard.

Klopp is an incredible manager we just don't want him and the owners to fall into a trap that has cost us before.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:46 pm

Maybe we've decided to impose a transfer ban on ourselves in a show of solidarity with Chelsea?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:13 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:46 pm wrote:Maybe we've decided to impose a transfer ban on ourselves in a show of solidarity with Chelsea?

Dissapointed yakka???

I'm not questioning our manager, but you line our squad up next to man city's... Theirs looks stronger man for man.

We looked flat last season at times, devoid of creativity.

Window closes August the 8th,lets see what happens.

If we don't sign anyone..
Panic??
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:24 pm

Red Rum » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:13 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:46 pm wrote:Maybe we've decided to impose a transfer ban on ourselves in a show of solidarity with Chelsea?

Dissapointed yakka???

I'm not questioning our manager, but you line our squad up next to man city's... Theirs looks stronger man for man.

We looked flat last season at times, devoid of creativity.

Window closes August the 8th,lets see what happens.

If we don't sign anyone..
Panic??

It wouldn't be a case of panic, we've got a great manager, a very good team and have just won the CL. We'll be competitive next season no matter what though I doubt we'll get 97 points again.
Given we bought no one last January another window without even attempting to strengthen the first team squad would certainly raise questions about resting on our on laurels and not seizing the moment though.
As someone succinctly put it earlier in the thread, the club is carrying on like we've won 3 of the last 5 titles.
Barcelona won their league last year and got to the CL semi's but they have gone out and bought De Jong, Griezemann and are trying to get Neymar back. Okay I don't expect us to do that but buying someone like Pepe is not asking the Earth for a club of our size, stature and wealth. Yes we were successful last year but football doesn't stand still, if we play Barca again this upcoming season we won't be playing against the same XI that we did last April/May. Clubs move on, we should too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:46 pm

Have you even seen Pepe play ? He is no better than Origi , in fact Origi is better , so are you just picking names from rumours.

I hope to god the club don’t waste millions on players that don’t improve the squad

Klopp has improved the team every year , he doesn’t buy for the sake of buying - who cares what other teams do , it’s irrelevant to us

Klopp will buy someone if he finds someone that will improve us as a squad - people stomping their feet will not change that fact
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:51 pm

Penguins » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:54 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:39 pm wrote:You guys should know well enough by now that Klopp will not buy players for the sake of it.  Am sure he has some targets he wants, but we'll have to wait and see what happens. In Klopp we trust  :nod

And when was it that the club finally became competetive?
When Klopp finally splashed the cash and went for top class in Becker and van Dijk. Where would we be without those signings?
We haven't even won the league and it's arrogant and stupid to sit on your laurels thinking this is enough.
We need more world class players and not until we sit on the perch with 3 titles under our belt could we maybe take time to relax and be happy with the squad.

No one at LFC is sitting on their laurels. But the only reason we got VVD is because Klopp waited until he could get the player he really wanted. There were loads of fans at the time screaming for Klopp to give up on VVD and buy someone else and we would have been poorer for it.

Klopp will have three or four players in mind and no one else. And these will be players who will improve our squad and cost big bucks.  But if they are not available then Klopp will wait....I think we'll see a couple of signings before the window shuts.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:36 pm

TBH most of the players talked about on the transfer scene aren't an improvement on what we have got. I am sure if Klopp wanted any of them we would have been in for them, if someone he wants comes available then we will be in for them but I think it's about time we started promoting our youth as well.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:08 pm

Boocity » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:36 pm wrote:TBH most of the players talked about on the transfer scene aren't an improvement on what we have got. I am sure if Klopp wanted any of them we would have been in for them, if someone he wants comes available then we will be in for them but I think it's about time we started promoting our youth as well.

Why all this faith in youth? How many of our players in recent years have actually gone on to become premier league regulars? For any club not just Liverpool?
Trent, Sterling, Coady and Kelly are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. We've probably churned out 100 players in that time if not more. Percentage wise very few make it.
I understand the need for clubs to have academies for the general good of the game but let's face it they aren't infallible talent factories producing world class player after world class player.
Given so few make it it seems a risky strategy to me to put so much faith in our youth system.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:13 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:46 pm wrote:Have you even seen Pepe play ? He is no better than Origi , in fact Origi is better , so are you just picking names from rumours.

I hope to god the club don’t waste millions on players that don’t improve the squad

Klopp has improved the team every year , he doesn’t buy for the sake of buying - who cares what other teams do , it’s irrelevant to us

Klopp will buy someone if he finds someone that will improve us as a squad - people stomping their feet will not change that fact
I think Pepe is more of a Winger and he's very quick and Direct.. He's very similar to Mane. He can play anywhere across the front 3 so he can cover for any of the front 3 and not lose any quality.

I like Origi but he's a Striker that's used as a Winger when Mane/Salah are not playing for whatever reason.. And he struggles outwide in my opinion. You can see a massive difference in quality.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:22 pm

Would not surprise me if we opted to not sign anyone at all and stick with what we've got.
As regards creativity in Midfield we do have Keita, Ox, Lallana and Milner. Plus we also have Wjnaldum, Hendo and Fabinho.

That's two players for every Midfield position, so unless Klopp offloads someone, I can't see us singing anybody.

Some argue a striker, but we have Origi, Brewster and Shaqiri as backup.

A left back maybe? Milner can slot in there though when needed.

I honestly can't think of any names that would drastically improve on what we have, so that might be that.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Franky000 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:07 pm

Barring Gomez, we were lucky with injuries last season....can we really bank on our best players staying fit for the entirety of the coming season? If we want further success we need to do what we did with van dyke and Alison; that is, go straight for game changers. some creativity in the midfield would be a good start, as would competition at fullback and up front. I expect at least two major additions...

It’s funny how we suddenly went all cattenacio last season after previously blitzing teams with all-out heavy metal footy. Maybe the natural progression will be to strike more of a balance this time round?
Franky000

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:54 am

Our injuries were a lot more than people suggest

TAA , Gomez , Matip , Lovren , Ox , Keita , , Shaqiri , Bobby for example were out injured for significant periods of time through the season
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:00 am

Coutinho must feel like the biggest mug in football at the moment. We gave him the chance to shine here after all the other big clubs had given up on him. He had the chance to become a legend here but he got greedy and selfish and threw everything he had to play for the '' best team in the world''

1 and a half seasons later we become European champions and he gets his number 7 taken off him and given to Griezmann.

Now him and his greedy agent are begging to come back!!

I loved Coutinho and like many great players that leave its hard to get over it.. But not only did we move on, we moved on and became the best team in the world without him.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill