MARKO GRUJIC - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:18 am

red till i die!! » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:30 am wrote:He is contracted till 2023 so still plenty of time yet for him to make it. That will happen much quicker if he is a part of the squad and training every day with our players and manager.

Oh, yeah, forgot that he signed a new deal last summer, thought his contract was up this summer or the next. Good move by the club, at least we'll be able to recoup a good sum if nothing else. I'd prefer him to stay and be given a chance though.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:35 am

Back to Hertha on loan again. How many loans has he been on so far? Either keep him and give him a chance or just sell him already.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:21 pm

damjan193 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:35 am wrote:Back to Hertha on loan again. How many loans has he been on so far? Either keep him and give him a chance or just sell him already.

Agree,   but have read today

[from the Metro}
Marko Grujic has rejoined Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin on loan next season but he remains part of Jurgen Klopp’s long-term plans at Liverpool. The 23-year-old midfielder became Klopp’s first signing at Anfield when he joined in a £5m deal from Red Star Belgrade in January 2016, however, he has made only 14 appearances since. Grujic spent time on loan with Cardiff City in the Championship during the 2017-18 campaign before joining Hertha Berlin for the 2018-19 season where his performances caught the eye. Hertha’s former manager Pal Dardai claimed last season that Grujic was ‘the best midfielder I’ve seen in my 22 years at the club’ and his successor Ante Covic was keen to retain his services.

Grujic scored five goals and registered one assist for Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga last season and the club have paid Liverpool £2m to re-sign him with an extra £500,000 in add-ons. Although the Serbia international has struggled to establish himself at Liverpool since his arrival, Klopp reportedly sees him as a first-team option for the 2020-21 season.

Both James Milner and Adam Lallana will be out of contract at Anfield next summer and Grujic could be primed to take one of their positions in Klopp’s squad. Liverpool have been quiet so far this transfer window with 17-year-old Dutch defender Sepp van den Berg the club’s only new addition.

Have to assume Grjic has the same faith in Jurgen that we do. Really hope the fella can break through and start to shine with us next season.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:14 pm

Its beginning to look like its the end of the road for Marko. Not even around for preseason this year.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:05 am

I really don't get the logic with this one. Telling a young lad who is coveted by a number of clubs looking to offer him first team football, to go off for a second year to a mid-table club, and I swear you have a future at the club... Makes no sense to me.
Is Grujic not looking at Brewster thinking, this guy is younger than me and he was in the panel for the CL???
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:30 am

bunglemark2 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:05 am wrote:I really don't get the logic with this one. Telling a young lad who is coveted by a number of clubs looking to offer him first team football, to go off for a second year to a mid-table club, and I swear you have a future at the club... Makes no sense to me.
Is Grujic not looking at Brewster thinking, this guy is younger than me and he was in the panel for the CL???

The area in the squad he plays is flooded with players - he will be looking to replace players like Milner and Lallana next season
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:35 pm

Yup, the only time Klopp gives a new player a spot is in 2 cases:

1. The player is so damn hot on the market Barca, Real etc buys him for 100 million+
2. The player retire or leaves on a free

Klopp is garbage at clearing out the deadwood in  a squad.(Sure, he is great at many other things)
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:40 pm

Penguins » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:35 pm wrote:Yup, the only time Klopp gives a new player a spot is in 2 cases:

1. The player is so damn hot on the market Barca, Real etc buys him for 100 million+
2. The player retire or leaves on a free

Klopp is garbage at clearing out the deadwood in  a squad.(Sure, he is great at many other things)

Eh ? Clearing out deadwood? Like who because Klopp has sold loads and got rid of loads over the years

Which players do you see as deadwood over the years

And giving a new player a spot ?!! Alisson , VVD , Keita , Mane and Salah are examples of players who went straight into the first team
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:27 pm

Klopp clearly doesn't rate the lad. Whenever it's technical ability or attitude, I don't know. But I trust our gaffer .

At 23 (1 year older than Gomez) Grukic should be forcing his way into our team.  The fact he's been packed off on loan again speaks volumes.

He won't be back.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion