Based on ? The guy hasn’t played a minute any significant time in the Prem
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:40 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:10 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:26 pm wrote:Infinitely better than Henderson

Based on ? The guy hasn’t played a minute any significant time in the Prem

Ability, skill....
Work with me on this one, it's an easy game...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:45 am

Ability and skill which hasnt really been tested to a high level has it

Henderson has just coming up to 300 top level games and 50 international games including a number of tournaments

When Grujic even gets to a season worth of appreances at that level then it’s worth comparing the two players- until then it’s just empty vessel words
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:21 am

Lallana - Nobody is denying that Henderson clearly has ability and skill. It is how you rate the level of ability and skill that is important COMPARED WITH OTHER TOP PLAYERS. Not shouting just highlighting. Henderson is a very loyal and determined professional. He plays a very steady but thoroughly non creative style of football 90% of the time. Yesterday on Talk Sport Dean Saunders was discussing the affect of top players on team and the critical difference that they can make when they are sold. Suarez is a classic example. Henderson, Sturridge and several others upped their game to a much higher lever when Luis was in the team. Unfortunately if Henderson is injured or on the bench nobody is really overly concerned. The same could never be said for Suarez, Alonso and Gerrard. Sorry mate he is just slightly better than average and certainly not the quality that is require to captain Liverpool. Milner does a better job as captain (sorry RBG) when Henderson isn't playing.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:04 pm

devaney » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:21 am wrote:Lallana - Nobody is denying that Henderson clearly has ability and skill. It is how you rate the level of ability and skill that is important COMPARED WITH OTHER TOP PLAYERS. Not shouting just highlighting. Henderson is a very loyal and determined professional. He plays a very steady but thoroughly non creative style of football 90% of the time. Yesterday on Talk Sport Dean Saunders was discussing the affect of top players on team and the critical difference that they can make when they are sold. Suarez is a classic example. Henderson, Sturridge and several others upped their game to a much higher lever when Luis was in the team. Unfortunately if Henderson is injured or on the bench nobody is really overly concerned. The same could never be said for Suarez, Alonso and Gerrard. Sorry mate he is just slightly better than average and certainly not the quality that is require to captain Liverpool. Milner does a better job as captain (sorry RBG) when Henderson isn't playing.

:D Apology accepted.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:55 pm

devaney » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:21 am wrote:Lallana - Nobody is denying that Henderson clearly has ability and skill. It is how you rate the level of ability and skill that is important COMPARED WITH OTHER TOP PLAYERS. Not shouting just highlighting. Henderson is a very loyal and determined professional. He plays a very steady but thoroughly non creative style of football 90% of the time. Yesterday on Talk Sport Dean Saunders was discussing the affect of top players on team and the critical difference that they can make when they are sold. Suarez is a classic example. Henderson, Sturridge and several others upped their game to a much higher lever when Luis was in the team. Unfortunately if Henderson is injured or on the bench nobody is really overly concerned. The same could never be said for Suarez, Alonso and Gerrard. Sorry mate he is just slightly better than average and certainly not the quality that is require to captain Liverpool. Milner does a better job as captain (sorry RBG) when Henderson isn't playing.

Again just your opinion - someone who is “slightly better than average” doesn’t play as much as Henderson has done

But my comment was aimed towards someone who was trying to compare Henderson to Grujic - it’s a comparison that cannnot be made right now

In regards Henderson - the manager will play him on Tuesday , and he will continue to play him  , he is the club skipper - something that Klopp could have taken off him but didn’t , then he was also given a big new contract

The manager is seeing something that a lot are not - and I think the manager has proved himself to know what he is doing - he isn’t Suarez or Gerrard etc and I don’t think anyone will suggest he is but sorry he is a premier league international player - slightly above average players don’t hit that level. And some fans may not miss him if he is injured but I can guarantee the manager and his teammates do. Henderson will never be given the credit he deserves from the fans but he will get it from where it matters - the manager and his teammates
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:37 pm

To be honest I just don’t see it and never have done when it comes to Henderson and that certainly is not just my opinion. He joined us in 2011 and in the 2011/12 season we won the league cup and since then he has won nothing for Liverpool or England and he has been a key player for both teams. When he joined Liverpool for £18m a lot of people including myself questioned the price we paid for him. Sunderland supporters were not bothered that he left and in the eyes of many Liverpool fans that sentiment remains the same. When he doesn’t play for Liverpool  not only is he not missed we also play a more adventurous game.  I still maintain that at the Premiership level that he plays at he is slightly above average. Let’s face it he plays at a very high level and to be a be average is no mean feat. Perhaps I didn’t make my assessment very clear.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:23 am

Sums it up nicely
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:05 pm

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... s-15654389

Top Shelf Grujic

Hertha Berlin manager Pal Dardai says Marko Grujic is a ‘top-shelf’ footballer.

Grujic joined the German outfit on loan in the summer but suffered an ankle injury earlier in the season. He made his return in Sunday’s 3-1 win at Nurnberg and impressed his temporary boss.

“This is the first time in my life when I didn’t have to settle with the middle shelf of the supermarket, instead I was able reach the top shelf,” Dardai told Hungarian outlet Index.

“This is the first time I have a player like him, unfortunately only on loan from Liverpool.

“Before the Bundesliga game we had an exhibition match between Hertha ‘A’ and ‘B’ teams. Grujic was on the ‘B’ team, and they won 1-0.

“But it doesn’t matter what I think of him, the numbers talk for themselves.

“When he started and played a lot we had a 2.4 point average. He has the whole team on his shoulders.

“With this point average we would contend in the Champions League. Top three teams in the Bundesliga have a point average like this.

“If he doesn’t do anything, he still makes all the others calm with his presence. You know, he provides stability.

“Without him, we have a 0.7 point average. We would be relegated with this kind of performance.

“When he did not play, it affected all the others. We missed him in the middle of the park. We can have a good spring if he’s healthy.”
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:07 pm

Sounds like he's really impressed but unfortunately due to injuries he's only been able to start 7 games. Hopefully he stays fit for the rest of the season.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:17 pm

A midfield pairing of Grujic and Fabinho would certainly give us a lot of presence in the middle of the park.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:16 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:14 pm

I like the lad, he's a good player and has potential to be even better. His only downside is he seems a bit injury prone. Unfortunately, I don't think he'll be given a chance with us. We have plenty of midfielders as it is, and at least 5 of them won't be going anywhere anytime soon IMO. Not that I don't want the lad to be given a chance, I just don't think he'll get it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:30 am

He is a very good player and hopefully he will come into the fold for next season. Transfermarkt have him listed as only having spent 3 periods out with injury and the longest being 88 days with a hamstring injury. The other 2 were ankle injuries with the most recent being last December which side lined him for 3 games. Personally I don't think its anything to worry about for the future.

He is contracted till 2023 so still plenty of time yet for him to make it. That will happen much quicker if he is a part of the squad and training every day with our players and manager.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:43 pm

Definitely a keeper,we cant let him go and allow another team to benefit from the lads undoubted talent.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion