Naby Keita

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:48 am

I see that he has lost confidence but I still think there is a player there, I agree we need to stay patient with him.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:42 am

Bungle you’ve never had a lot of that  :laugh:  Trust me he will be a star next season.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:44 am

bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:00 am wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:02 pm wrote:I think he's getting bullied and doesn't like the physical side. He's only small and he's struggling to adapt to our league. Before he joined I was worried about his aggression and the amount of cards he picked up .. we need to see him push on now because the fans are starting to get on his back and his confidence will be shot.

Patience is starting to run out with this fella...

I suspect your patience runs out pretty quickly going by your posts , the people that matter still have faith in him and he isn’t going anywhere.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:01 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:44 am wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:02 pm wrote:I think he's getting bullied and doesn't like the physical side. He's only small and he's struggling to adapt to our league. Before he joined I was worried about his aggression and the amount of cards he picked up .. we need to see him push on now because the fans are starting to get on his back and his confidence will be shot.

I suspect your patience runs out pretty quickly going by your posts , the people that matter still have faith in him and he isn’t going anywhere.

Agreed! Keita on his day is the complete package ,In Germany he was a real powerhouse ,i agree he is still miles from where he needs to be and i suspect it has to do with mental readiness...I also don't understand his positioning on the field..Being played on the left wing doesn't do the guy or us any service..I hope we don't get another Lallana situation...(Central Mf being converted to a winger)
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:49 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:44 am wrote:

This, from the tulip still expecting Henderson to make a difference on the pitch?
Get real.
Time and again we see Naby trying clever flicks that go nowhere, trying to beat players when the simple pass is the right one, 'force' play at the wrong time. I'm not saying get rid, I'm saying he's trying too hard to be too clever all the time. Maybe he is being played out of position in which case it's the manager screwing up.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:47 pm

Tulip ? Blimey pulling out the big guns

Not sure what Henderson has to do with anything but he has made a difference on the pitch a number of times but you wouldn’t notice if it smacked you in the face

Why don’t people like yourself not give players time to adjust - he started well but then the injury knocked him a little and he struggled to get a run going since then - suggestions that people are running out of patience is complete ***** - there is still plenty of time for Keita to get used to everything and become a very good player for us.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:02 pm

I think he's being played on the left alot so he links up with Mane. I think it's the only language he understands.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:55 pm

Just noticed Mane played right forward with Salah played down the Center so ignore my last post. God knows why he played Left midfield when he lacks real pace.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:18 am

He was awful last night, beginning to think the EPL just doesn't suit him, he needs to sort himself out soon or Klopp will run out of patience with him.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:00 am

Boocity » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:18 am wrote:He was awful last night, beginning to think the EPL just doesn't suit him, he needs to sort himself out soon or Klopp will run out of patience with him.

I thought he shifted gear on the 2nd half..was fouled in the box after creating the play and was more active and forward..Klopp decision to sub him was stupid and lacked sense for awareness..First half he was poor..But so was Shaq and Mo and even Gini...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:02 am

only me » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:00 am wrote:
Boocity » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:18 am wrote:He was awful last night, beginning to think the EPL just doesn't suit him, he needs to sort himself out soon or Klopp will run out of patience with him.

I thought he shifted gear on the 2nd half..was fouled in the box after creating the play and was more active and forward..Klopp decision to sub him was stupid and lacked sense for awareness..First half he was poor..But so was Shaq and Mo and even Gini...

Yeah I agree, although he was awful early on he grew into the game and by the time he was subbed he was one of our better players. I know hindsight is always 20/20 but Jurgen should have just swapped Shaq for Fabinho and left it at that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:09 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:02 am wrote:
only me » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:00 am wrote:

Yeah I agree, although he was awful early on he grew into the game and by the time he was subbed he was one of our better players. I know hindsight is always 20/20 but Jurgen should have just swapped Shaq for Fabinho and left it at that.

Agreed! Klopp really dropped the ball with his sub...It's not hindsight it was real time...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:47 pm

Yeah, must admit it was pretty obvious what was happening, after a good start we started to lose control of the midfield, I like Shaq and have often called for his inclusion in games like this but he just wasn't at the races yesterday and as we have already mentioned Keita was awful himself first half. That left Gini with a lot on his plate to deal with and he was just overrun.
It's not Hendo's fault because he is not a right back but Gray was breezing past him like he wasn't there which was putting even more pressure on our MF as well, they were constantly getting dragged out of position trying to put out fires.
Fabinho needed to come on 20 minutes into the game tbh.
It has to be said our forwards didn't exactly help either, Mane was the only one who looked up for it, the last thing a struggling midfield needs is for the lads up front to constantly give the ball away cheaply.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:35 pm

Still, they were defending 10 behind the ball and the snow and ice made passing very difficult, much easier to hit long balls in those conditions especially if the other team is attacking. We played the worst team for our style and in the worst conditions, how many times will that happen. Even with all that, had the ref given a clear penalty We would have won.

Still disappointed the boys were not more fired up but those conditions were bad for a team that likes to pass it on the deck.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:05 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:47 pm wrote:Yeah, must admit it was pretty obvious what was happening, after a good start we started to lose control of the midfield, I like Shaq and have often called for his inclusion in games like this but he just wasn't at the races yesterday and as we have already mentioned Keita was awful himself first half. That left Gini with a lot on his plate to deal with and he was just overrun.
It's not Hendo's fault because he is not a right back but Gray was breezing past him like he wasn't there which was putting even more pressure on our MF as well, they were constantly getting dragged out of position trying to put out fires.
Fabinho needed to come on 20 minutes into the game tbh.
It has to be said our forwards didn't exactly help either, Mane was the only one who looked up for it, the last thing a struggling midfield needs is for the lads up front to constantly give the ball away cheaply.

Thought our midfield was awful to be honest and IMO that's where we lost the game, we just never seemed in control. Both Gini and Keita (second half) weren't bad, but the midfield lacks control when neither Hendo nor Fabinhio play there. You can say what you want about Henderson but our midfield looks a lot more assured when he's in it, at least against the lesser sides. Lacks creativity but rarely gets overrun. IMO we should have played with Hendo in midfield along with Gini and Keita, if Fabinho wasn't fit enough to start then we should have just used Camacho at RB.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion