Naby Keita

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Santa » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:18 pm

So...we have to wait another 12 months, but at least we have secured his signature (subject to a medical)

I supposed we will lose Coutinho during that time frame but the starting eleven and the squad is starting to look very exciting indeed. Mane, Salah and Fermino will have a season playing together and the steel of Keita should provide great protection to our back line
Attachments
Keita announced.jpg
Keita announced.jpg (95.95 KiB) Viewed 3689 times
Last edited by Santa on Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:50 pm

Is this even official ?
Have read a few reports that says we have activated his release clause next summer for 48mil but from nothing I would call as credible.  Why would they refuse a bid of £70+ a month ago and agree to sell him now for over £20mil less. What if he has an amazing season and other clubs wish to sign him ? Would Leipzig be happy to accept less from us ?.
Did we really bid that money for him at all because I think if we did he would be here already. There is nothing from the club or Leipzig about this so until there is I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:28 pm

Huge signing and a huge talent.  Pity we have to wait, but impressed that the lad has committed to us when he could have waited for something else in 12 months time.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 am

Good things come to those who wait?...
killerp

Postby maguskwt » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:31 am

red till i die!! » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:50 pm wrote:Is this even official ?
Have read a few reports that says we have activated his release clause next summer for 48mil but from nothing I would call as credible.  Why would they refuse a bid of £70+ a month ago and agree to sell him now for over £20mil less. What if he has an amazing season and other clubs wish to sign him ? Would Leipzig be happy to accept less from us ?.
Did we really bid that money for him at all because I think if we did he would be here already. There is nothing from the club or Leipzig about this so until there is I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

Report says that it's 48 million plus an undidclosed premium. Wont be surprised if it's stll 70 million...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:31 am

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-t ... naby-keita

WE will look an international farce if he doesn't wear the red shirt now!
--
WELOME to LFC NABY - Perhaps we'll see you standing in the Kop roaring your team mates on sometime this season? :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:40 am

Great piece of business. RB get to keep him another season and we get our man. Barring no serious injury to the guy this works out well for everyone. Plus other players will know he's coming now.

Get VVD in and we have a solid spine in the side
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Santa » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:27 am

I think we paid a €10M (£7M) premium on top of his release clause, which is a good piece of business because £100M footballers will be common sight come next Summer, and he will be pursued by the likes of Bayern and Real by then

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:31 am

johnbarnes » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:31 am wrote:http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/273590-liverpool-agree-deal-to-sign-naby-keita

WE will look an international farce if he doesn't wear the red shirt now!
--
WELOME to LFC NABY - Perhaps we'll see you standing in the Kop roaring your team mates on sometime this season? :buttrock

Don't want to ***** on anyone's parade BUT that link says'

Liverpool agree deal to sign Naby Keita

Does that mean a deal is agreed   :buttrock    but nothing is actually signed yet ?  :lookaround

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:48 am

Well, considering the ridiculous prices in this transfer window (and future transfer windows from now on I presume), I guess this this is a good signing. If he turns out to be anything close to Kante in terms of ability then we've got ourselves a good player.

Fair play to Leipzig as well, guess it really wasn't about the money for them.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:18 pm

Over the next 12 months people are going to build him up to be Gerrard, Alonso and Vieira rolled into one. No pressure lad.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:50 pm

I think he always wanted to join us hence why he started following Mane and Firmino on instagram. I'm guessing he was silenced by the club about speaking out about wanting a move which is how it should be done. I think both clubs wanted the player this season and can't blame Leipzig for being stubborn.

I think he'll be a amazing signing for us couldn't be happier Tbh.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:13 pm

Just how much last week's demolition job would have influenced potential targets coming down from the fence and wanting to join Jurgen's project over here  :buttrock

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:31 am

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion