Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby only me » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:23 pm

redshade » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:36 am wrote:I agree getting a player who will add to the team could make a positive impact on our objective.

Just unsure who we can go for...

Mag Nasri has signed a contract till end of the season with Westham.

I remember a few years ago when we were flying high under BR leading the league ,failed to do any Biz on January and later on faltered and lost our chance...
Their is no sense in not doing nothing especially when you have the funds and you can easily get rid of dead wood (already done great with Solanke)..
Are you telling me their is no one better then Moreno as a LB backup? Another option upfront? Yes it's harder to find Gems on Jan but we don't need game changers ,we need better options then we have got today on the bench...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:28 pm

Klopp won't go out and buy someone for the sake of it. We should all know that by now.

He's said many times that signing players in January is a nightmare, because no one wants to sell their best players.  Am sure he has a list of additions he wants, but think we'll be waiting until the summer for more major changes. 

Personally, I'd like to see us sign a young back up keeper (Migs has to go), a left back (Sessegnon), attacking midfielder and striker (Werner).
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:50 pm

Klopp won’t be buying someone unless there is a big injury- expect they have some summer deals sorted
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:14 pm

Do people believe our squad is strong enough for this title challenge? I honestly think if any of the front 3 get injured or either VVD or Alisson we are screwed!!

I think the FA cup game against Wolves showed we could never rely on either Sturridge or Origi.. and Gomez, Lovren and Matip are all known to being injury prone so that also worries me.

I'd gamble on Werner knowing we can get him at a cut price ..
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:04 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:14 pm wrote:Do people believe our squad is strong enough for this title challenge? I honestly think if any of the front 3 get injured or either VVD or Alisson we are screwed!!

I think the FA cup game against Wolves showed we could never rely on either Sturridge or Origi.. and Gomez, Lovren and Matip are all known to being injury prone so that also worries me.

I'd gamble on Werner knowing we can get him at a cut price ..

No, which explains why most fans weren't bothered by the FA cup exit. Every team would miss their big players, but the drop off in quality if ours get injured is pretty big.

Including Alisson is a it dramatic, every side would miss their first choice 'keeper.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:03 pm

We need 1 or 2 in this month and first team ready or I fear for our title ambitions.

Appreciate being extremely selective and specific has served Klopp and the club well so far but we must not let this get away now, and City will push right to the death.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:37 pm

It doesn't make sense we weaken ourselves again on January...In the midst of a title run..Its insane why doesnt Klopp see it??? Get 2 FB now get a striker..Dont worry about the money focus on the grand price.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:58 pm

only me » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:37 pm wrote:It doesn't make sense we weaken ourselves again on January...In the midst of a title run..Its insane why doesnt Klopp see it??? Get 2 FB now get a striker..Dont worry about the money focus on the grand price.

Maybe because the person he wants to bring in isn’t available right now and he is happy with the squad as it is - we have an 11 day break after Palace by which time Gomez , Matip and Lovren will be back - Klopp doesn’t panic buy

The squad hasn’t been weakened much due to player who played just over one game in 2 years
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:07 pm

A few whispers going around that we are interested in James Rodriguez for £62m.. he wants out of his loan at Bayern and Arsenal are willing to Pay £3m to loan him till the end of the season.

Not sure what I think about him.. he was a superstar 4 year ago but he seems to have massively gone off the boil.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:41 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:58 pm wrote:
only me » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:37 pm wrote:It doesn't make sense we weaken ourselves again on January...In the midst of a title run..Its insane why doesnt Klopp see it??? Get 2 FB now get a striker..Dont worry about the money focus on the grand price.

Maybe because the person he wants to bring in isn’t available right now and he is happy with the squad as it is - we have an 11 day break after Palace by which time Gomez , Matip and Lovren will be back - Klopp doesn’t panic buy

The squad hasn’t been weakened much due to player who played just over one game in 2 years

well of course if he doesn't bring anyone he is happy..Im not interested in Klopp knows best discussion..Fact we have Moreno as LB and we dont have our starting RB for the next month...can we do better? yes
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:44 pm

only me » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:41 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:58 pm wrote:

well of course if he doesn't bring anyone he is happy..Im not interested in Klopp knows best discussion..Fact we have Moreno as LB and we dont have our starting RB for the next month...can we do better? yes

Who then ? Who should Klopp go out and buy with players coming back over the next week who will play at Right back - including the current Brazil Right back. He won’t bring in a LB because Moreno is still at the club

We have plenty of options at Right back and Moreno is the back up for Left back
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:02 pm

Who then ? Who should Klopp go out and buy with players coming back over the next week who will play at Right back - including the current Brazil Right back. He won’t bring in a LB because Moreno is still at the club

We have plenty of options at Right back and Moreno is the back up for Left back

Moreno is the back up...are you fcking kidding me? have you watched him play? And why would you put Fab as a RB when he is clearly the best Defensive MF we have? TAA could be out for a month what do you got to lose? go and buy some insurance..no need to break the bank.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:08 pm

Who then and yes Moreno is the back up left back - you may not like it but it is what it is

And you put Fabinho at Right back if needed - Klopp knows his options hence why he isn’t buying anyone right now - he has said it already
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:39 pm

If we had a fully fit squad I think our back up left back would be Milner. Moreno had the odd game with players rested and limited numbers but for me if everyone was fit and Robertson was out, Klopp would opt for Milner at left back.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby only me » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:07 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:08 pm wrote:Who then and yes Moreno is the back up left back - you may not like it but it is what it is

And you put Fabinho at Right back if needed - Klopp knows his options hence why he isn’t buying anyone right now - he has said it already

Sorry mate but are you capable of developing a logical argument? We all know Klopp is the manager and that Moreno is a backup..Thank you for your priceless contribution to the discussion.
Water is wet as well BTW.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill