Dominic Solanke - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:39 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:30 am wrote:Come on Solanke is nowhere near good enough to lead the line for us, the lad will make a living out of the game but no way is he a Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez etc.
The staff at Chelsea came to that conclusion and now our staff have as well, £19m is great money for him. Terrific business by the club.

Hard to judge a young player so much when he has played a small amount of games

He was superb in the England youth set up and whilst Foden etc were given the plaudits by our media he was given the Golden Ball for best player etc and was superb

And at Chelsea he didn’t sign a new contract that was offered hence why we got him
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:52 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:39 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:30 am wrote:Come on Solanke is nowhere near good enough to lead the line for us, the lad will make a living out of the game but no way is he a Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez etc.
The staff at Chelsea came to that conclusion and now our staff have as well, £19m is great money for him. Terrific business by the club.

He was superb in the England youth set up and whilst Foden etc were given the plaudits by our media he was given the Golden Ball for best player etc and was superb

And at Chelsea he didn’t sign a new contract that was offered hence why we got him

If he was the next big thing Chelsea would have well boxed him off, we wouldn't be letting him go either. As for the England stuff that means nothing, very few of them will amount to anything, most of them are athletes who had too much strength and pace for kids their own age.
Don't fret about it Benny, he won't come back to bite us on the @rse, it honestly wouldn't have bothered me if we let him go on a free so this Edwards fella, after an iffy start, is turning into a very shrewd operator.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:13 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:52 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:39 pm wrote:

If he was the next big thing Chelsea would have well boxed him off, we wouldn't be letting him go either. As for the England stuff that means nothing, very few of them will amount to anything, most of them are athletes who had too much strength and pace for kids their own age.
Don't fret about it Benny, he won't come back to bite us on the @rse, it honestly wouldn't have bothered me if we let him go on a free so this Edwards fella, after an iffy start, is turning into a very shrewd operator.

Who said anything about him being the “next best thing”

I think it’s clear you lack the knowledge of modern day football - you show that on a regular basis hence the droning on about players from days goneby so I don’t think you can judge a young players potential

He was offered a new contract multiple times at Chelsea but he wanted a chance of football which you don’t get at Chelsea as a youngster - and i suspect at 21 he wants now regular football but stuck behind Mo isn’t going to help

He has lots of potential and space to grow into a very good player and there is no limit to him - dismissing what he did as a youth player is poor - World Youth Cup winner and he was superb in that comp and the set up at England youth level is much changed over recent years so again wouldn’t make judgements unless you actually watch them ( which I doubt )
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion