Danny Murphy

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:05 pm

Danny Murphy reckons only two players in the Liverpool squad are good enough to play for City ,those being Salah and Big Virgil

Speaking to talkSPORT on Monday morning, the former midfielder was asked which Liverpool players would get into City's team and his answer? Well, he said: "Salah and Van Dijk are the only Liverpool players who get in the City team."

Considering Alisson is the Brazilian no.1 'ahead of Ederson' the general consensus is he's an absolute idiot whose so far up Guardiola's ***** he could lick his nose hair.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:46 pm

If we’re honest how many of our players would get in city’s team? Salah, Van Dijk are the only definties, Allison is ahead of Ederson for Brazil so I’ll say him and Mane migjt squeeze out Leroy Sane but I don’t think anyone else would but who cares anyway we have the players for Klopps style of play and work for us, David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne are better than Henderson and Keita but they wouldn’t suit our style of play one bit in our central midfield.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:54 pm

So basically he thinks that 9 out of 11 players against $hitie over 2 legs are not good enough to be in $hities starting 11..?

...Funny
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 pm

I think Alisson, VVD, Salah, Mane and Firmino would defiantly make their team. Then I think we'll find out after this season that Keita would also get into their team.

But Murphy is just making his opinion.. I feel I'm abit biased when judging our players.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:23 pm

He'll look a right chump when we put 5 past them at home
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:00 am

Allison might be the only one he missed out. Close one between Mane-Sane and Robertson-Mendy but no way Firmino gets in ahead of Aguero or any of our midfielders get a look.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:07 am

As Fowler said it is also about our style of play. We needed bite in midfield and we certainly get it in Keita, more than we would get with Silvia or KDB so as players the City players are technically better but in terms of the roles they are supposed to play I'd say we needed Keita more than Silvia. Same applies to Firmino in my opinion as he is so important to the way we play and the pressing he does, Aguero as good as he is will in no way offer more than Firmino in addition to him getting injured frequently. So to be fair we should also ask how many City players would get into our team (according to how we play).

I'd take Allison, VVD, Robertson, Keita, Salah, Mane and Firmino and super subs Sturridge and Shaqiri over their lot. Football is a team game and what the unit does in more important than what the individual does, Germany proved that the previous  WC.

Danny Murphy can say what he wants, I'm happy with our team.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:35 pm

I'm sure we beat City in 3/4 matches last season, didn't we !?  :D

There is Only Debruyne and Sane from City's squad, that would get into OUR team, also.

Danny needs to shut the feck up..
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:36 pm

I'd say Kompany, Debruyne, Fernandinho and Sane are the only ones that would get into our current team with the style we play. I know Aguero and Silva are brilliant but i wouldnt swap anyone from our team for them.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion