Fernando will do for me - Morientes

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JohnBull » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:24 pm

Over the last few weeks ART Tv ( Arabs !) have been re -showing the last world cup and I've watched the Spanish games for obvious reasons.
They have just shown the Spain v North Korea game this morning where Morientes was played as the lone striker.

The Spanish midfield had one player of note , Xavi (Barca) and he looked good on the short game. Morientes had a North Korean man marking him throughout ( Gus Hiddick really did his homework), had one half chance and hit the post.
Spain got knocked out on penalties and the team went home in disgrace.

The point which stood out through the whole game was the excellent postioning and running of Morientes and if there had been an Alonso or El Gerrard behind him putting long balls through Spain would have reached the Semis.
I've watched him over several games now and he is the player we need because we've got the midfield to suite him and in the English league he would clean up.

If we are going to break the bank then go for Fernando Morientes
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby steviegs lovechild » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:38 pm

i agree Morientes is a fantastic player who will score goals but he is Cup Tied for Europe i think bringing in Beattie for 7/8 million aswell as Morientes would be good business as Mellor and Pongelle are not quality Beattie will score goals at Liverpool and is desperate to get away
steviegs lovechild

Postby zarababe » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:50 pm

.. depends on whether Madrid will release him.. they owe us a favour given the snipet they got Owen for... Benitez will wield his magic no-doubt if he can fit into his plans and if he is the player we need...
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:56 pm

Yeah, Morientes is a class player.  We're going to surprise a few people over the next year or two.  I think our manager can attract the big names. 

His reputation is worldwide.
jonnymac1979

Postby A.B. » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:09 pm

Morientes will leave Madrid for certain. Its no fun sitting on the bench and not starting in any games. The fact that we have a Spanish manager and players will be one of the reasons why Morientes joins us, well I hope I'm right.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby ralmach » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:48 am

It would be an excelent sign, he's one of my favourites strikers and believe me, he's a great player. But is difficult to know if he will leave Real Madrid, he would be so expensive because Madrid fans would need a good reason to accept the transfer.

PD: This horrible game against Korea was stolen by the refree, who was bought by koreans. I remember that day and i wanna kill him :angry:
Spanish LFC fan
ralmach

Postby the great one » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:54 am

madrid won't do us any favours if morientes goes he won't leave for more than 15 million pounds they could of swap mori for owen but they decided to play him in europe so he will be cup tied.they must of bein jumping up and down with joy when they got nunez of their books and got owen for 8 million so don't excpect any favours from them ........ come on barcelona :angry:
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:02 am

sorry to be pedantic, but Spain played South Korea not North Korea.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:49 am

Great One, it does not matter what Real Madrid want it matters what Morientes wants. Do you actually believe that Morientes is going to sit on the bench all season long? He's 4th choice, he barely plays at all, no player likes sitting on the bench.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby whelston23 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:14 am

morientes is a great player but real is always a very money minded club... they always over valued the players they have... even if they do not need them... it may even really cost 15 million for morientes.. that wil not be possible for liverpool. hope owen will help on this.
whelston23

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:28 am

how would owen help?  hes already gone so we cant swap him for morientes ???
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Paul C » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:28 am

With Beni admitting that he tried to get Morientes as part of the Owen deal then I think he's try and get him in Jan cos we are desperate for a QUALITY striker cos Pongolle and Mellor aren't doing the business and we can't afford to go the rest of the season with just one PROVEN striker :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion