Fernando morientes. - Can he cut it in england.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:18 am

without being a tactical genius.. I 'll leave that to you boys to argue over :D is it fair to say that since Mmorientes has been out we are less fluent up front, he provides good link up play with Crouch and the midfield, Cisse is so poor, Sinama looks up for it more than Cisse
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:50 am

we need all the strikers we have, they all give something different, and none fo them are 20+ goals a season people.
Mori has the brains, crouch has the link up, cisse has the pace and pongolle has that something different if needed in short bursts.

Who is the attacking coach at liverpool now? there has to be away to egt everything to work. We definately have the class up front but theres just something that isnt working
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:15 pm

I think that Morro is the best option up front at the moment with Crouch. He has a good pedigree and his :censored: has more football nouse than Cisse. He will come good given a decent run of games - he is a class act, and will get there.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:39 pm

Im just not one bit impressed with him sorry, okay he has umpteen CL medals and is a great player from the past.
But I get the feeling from him, been there, done that, worn the T-Shirt got the video.
sorry he has to go, he doesnt impress me one bit.
So dissappointing, was over the moon when he signed but he is not pulling the strings sorry, for the Morientes fans out there, but I just dont rate him.
He is not a Liverpool player, I said this about Crouch and the jury is still out but sorry its not for me.
Rooney and Van der Horse have scored 28 between them this season Crouch and Morientes have managed 10.
Enough said really.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:26 pm

You said the same about Crouch and thus far you've been prove n wrong. One of the reasons we've done better in the league is because of Crouch.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:01 pm

A.B. wrote:You said the same about Crouch and thus far you've been prove n wrong. One of the reasons we've done better in the league is because of Crouch.

Van Horse and Rooney have scored 28 goals between them this season Crouch and Morientes have managed 10.
You work it out.
One or the other, your saying Ive been proved wrong how?
Crouch has played 29 games and scored 5 goals Im not saying im dissappointed with his performance cause he puts all his effort in but come on 10 goals between two strikers, something wrong there.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:58 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
A.B. wrote:You said the same about Crouch and thus far you've been prove n wrong. One of the reasons we've done better in the league is because of Crouch.

Van Horse and Rooney have scored 28 goals between them this season Crouch and Morientes have managed 10.
You work it out.
One or the other, your saying Ive been proved wrong how?
Crouch has played 29 games and scored 5 goals Im not saying im dissappointed with his performance cause he puts all his effort in but come on 10 goals between two strikers, something wrong there.

Yes, but we are only a couple of points behind UTD with a few games in hands.

We've been keeping far more clean sheets than UTD and our midfielders have been scoring than UTD's have.

Take RVN and Rooney out of UTD and they are an average team.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:17 pm

Cold and windy night down at Portsmouth a far cry from the bright lights and warm climates of Madrid and Monaco.
Done absolutly nothing tonight infact we played with 9 men with him and Cisse upfront, Cisse came to life a bit outwide but no one was on the end of the shots no one in the box.
I am so disspaionted in this fella cause he could have been a dream come true for us.
Obviously the signing of Fowler hasnt put the sh.its up him I expected so much more from a player with his pedegree its a such ashame that having Morientes in our squad it hasnt turned out like we expected, when he signed I could'nt believe such a world class talent was at our club.
But he has been very dissapionting.
Maybe its his strike partner? Maybe he cannot climatise?
Maybe he's seen it all been there worn the T-shirt,
got the video?
I duno but not for us Im afraid.
Chris Bascombe wrote an article last night in the echo Ill post it tomorrow but he reckons he's back off to Spain.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:42 pm

i'd have to say tonight's performance (portsouth fa cup for future refernce) was morientes' most ineffectual yet, he didn't do anything wrong per se, he was just completely anonymous. it's just so disappointing because we've all seen what he's capable of and he's shown glimpses of it for us in increasing measure until his latest injury. i think we should give him til the end of the season but if he hasn't realised his full potential by then i'm afraid rafa will pull the plug on him, and rightly so. benitez clearly has no time for sentiment so i have no doubt he'd axe moro in a blink of an eye if he's not up to the job.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:50 pm

benitez clearly has no time for sentiment so i have no doubt he'd axe moro in a blink of an eye if he's not up to the job.

There were games in the past that Morientes did a good job, scoring or not. I haven't seen last game, but I must admit he's not in good form the last matches. I agree the mate, I don't think Rafa has played moro for sentiments so far, and I do think he'll sit him if he continues being dull in attack.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:12 am

lynds, don't let the issue of climate influence you. you should visit madrid in the winter - its feckin freezing. just because places like monaco and madrid are south of paris doesn't mean they have some kind of permanently beautiful climate. as you know, i'm in barca these days and recently its been grim.

but haven't said that, i don't know what it is with nando. i can't for the life of me work out why such a talented player is being so ineffectual for us. he shows the odd glimpse, the odd great touch, the odd great bit of vision - but that can't justify however many grand he's on every week. in many ways i'd be sorry to see him go as i love having such a pedigree player representing our club - but if he ain't doing the business we can't afford the luxury.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:34 am

The thing is moro needs time on the ball. Thats his biggest problem. I reckon moro will do much better in europe than premierleague. Lets just stick moro in the champ league matches and sell him at the end of this season (along with cisse)...to fund Saint Mic's return ......  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:10 am

Although you are japing, "The_Rock", you have a valid point:

Aswell as yours, it is my opinion that Morientes will only show anything like his true form and ability in Europe.

£100 says that he scores against Benfica if he plays both matches, and gets reasonable service.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:03 am

From the pink echo I cant copy and paste the article as its not on the website.
But heres what Chris Bascombe had to say about Morientes.

Will he stay or will he go?

Fernando Morientes felt he had to put the record straight about a possible return to la liga this week.
He needn't have bothered. The wave of apathey which descends over many of us whenever Morientes's name is mentioned is comparable only to the feeling I had when told the new series of 'lost' begins in a few months.
When Morientes actually does something of note in a Liverpool shirt, perhaps more people will care if he stays or not.'

Unusual for him to speak like this about Fernando as he is very close to the club and at Melwood every day.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:34 pm

Ciggy wrote:From the pink echo I cant copy and paste the article as its not on the website.
But heres what Chris Bascombe had to say about Morientes.

Will he stay or will he go?

Fernando Morientes felt he had to put the record straight about a possible return to la liga this week.
He needn't have bothered. The wave of apathey which descends over many of us whenever Morientes's name is mentioned is comparable only to the feeling I had when told the new series of 'lost' begins in a few months.
When Morientes actually does something of note in a Liverpool shirt, perhaps more people will care if he stays or not.'

Unusual for him to speak like this about Fernando as he is very close to the club and at Melwood every day.

Morientes has been as disappointing as Karl Heinz Reidle (sp ?)...... Both came with huge reputation. But they didn't make an impact (in moro's case, no impact so far).

I still would be rooting for morientes as long as he is here.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion