Andres Iniesta has confirmed he will leave Barcelona

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Lonecai » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:35 am

Tearful Andres Iniesta confirms Barcelona departure :down:  :down: :down:  :down:  :down:

After joining Barca’s academy, La Masia, aged 12, Iniesta blossomed into one of the Catalans’ greatest ever players, winning four Champions League and eight La Liga titles, and lifting the World Cup with Spain.

Struggling to hold back the tears, Iniesta said: “I understand that in the near future I will not be able to give the best of myself in all senses, both physically and mentally.

In what was his last cup final with Barca, Iniesta capped a typically elegant performance at the Wanda Metropolitano with a wonderful finish, shimmying past goalkeeper David Soria and tapping in his 57th club goal, on his 669th appearance.

The man who is revered all over Spain after scoring the winning goal of the 2010 World Cup final joined Barcelona as a 12-year-old.

He admitted to a difficult beginning in Barcelona, as he missed his home close to Albacete in central Spain, and later confessed to "crying rivers" because he missed his parents.

However, he progressed through the Barca youth team before making his first team debut as an 18-year-old in 2002.

Since then he has made 550 appearances for Barca, won eight La Liga titles (it will be nine by the end of the season), four Champions Leagues, six Copas del Rey, three European and seven Spanish Supercups and four World Club Championships with the club.

Meanwhile, Iniesta has played 125 times for Spain, winning the 2008 and 2012 European Championships and, of course, the 2010 World Cup.

The Fuentealbilla native is the most decorated Spanish football of all time with 34 trophies, including two trebles in 2009 and 2015.

Iniesta is likely to win his 35th medal when Barcelona wrap up the Primera Divisón title in the coming weeks before he moves on.

INIESTA'S TRIBUTE TO MESSI
"For me it has been and always will be an honour and a privilege to have shared a team with him," Iniesta said.

"To be able to share time with him every day and share so many magic moments, because in my opinión there is no-one like him and there never will be."

"I’ve always said that Leo is a fundamental part of this team and its bid to win trophies and so for me as a teammate and a player, to have him by my side has been unique and magic."

Lionel Messi sends message to Andres Iniesta after Barcelona legend confirms exit
Lionel Messi has sent a message to Andres Iniesta after the Barcelona midfielder confirmed on Friday that this would be his last season at the Camp Nou.

The Argentine was missing from Friday’s press conference for personal reasons but took to social media later to show his appreciation for the Barcelona legend.
He wrote: “Andres, thank you for all these years of football.

“It has been a privilege to enjoy this sport by your side and spend so many unforgettable moments together. I wish you all the best in this new stage in sports and in your life.

“You are a phenomenon, on and off the pitch. We will miss you!”

Barcelona without Iniesta is going to take some getting used to and Messi is certainly going to miss him next season.
The Neymar Jr PSG # 10 becomes the most expensive player in the history of football: 222 million euros.
Lonecai
LFC Basic Member

Postby Lonecai » Tue May 08, 2018 3:34 am

Andres Iniesta's move to China has been cast into doubt, according to reports.
Chinese Super League club Chongqing Lifan have reportedly told the Barcelona legend that they will not pay him wages that will distort the market.
Reuters are reporting that Chongqing are looking to make the adhere to the nation's football association's rules on salary caps.
The Chinese side's president Jiang Lizhang said that they are working with Iniesta in areas like marketing and youth education during a statement on Friday.
"Recently, the media reported that the Spanish star Iniesta will join the club on a high salary. "
Previous reports had suggested that Iniesta was close to agreeing a deal worth £71million over three years with Chongqing.
The Neymar Jr PSG # 10 becomes the most expensive player in the history of football: 222 million euros.
Lonecai
LFC Basic Member

Postby Lonecai » Sat May 26, 2018 3:13 am

Andrés Iniesta has been presented in Japan as a new player of Vissel Kobe.
Iniesta, 34 years old and with 32 titles won at Barça, besides being world champion and twice from Europe with Spain, will be from now on the reference player of Vissel Kobe and one of the top attractions of the J -League.
Lonecai
LFC Basic Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:59 pm

WOULd give him the nod over Xavi as the best central midfielder I’ve ever seen.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion