Porto Vs Liverpool CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 19:45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:33 pm

I hope City get Real Madrid in the quarters, then we'll see what they are made of.

I think if we could get to the semi finals, that would be a decent run this season. Klopp has to be careful in the weeks ahead about resting certain players for the crucial games. We do not want salah to burn out, he's like a Duracell battery.. He goes forever!! :p
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:37 pm

parchpea » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:26 pm wrote:We have an outstanding team and had one under Rodgers just a shame we havent added silverware, or most of all a title.

Shows the power of money that Man City are so far ahead of our team really, possibly as good as we can be working within FSG financial structure yet still short.

Premier League is proving a force again in Europe and it will take a very good side to beat some of the English teams. I think continents elite will fear drawing City, Spurs or us in particular should Tottenham progress.

Wonderful night tonight one to savour.

Spurs look a real force atm, everyone goes on about Kane but to me Dembele is their main man, he was brilliant again yesterday in Turin.
They have played United, Arsenal, Juventus and us in recent weeks and have looked the better side in every game, they have already beaten Real Madrid this season as well.
It's easy to forget that they finished runners up last year but you can see why.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:39 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:37 pm wrote:
parchpea » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:26 pm wrote:We have an outstanding team and had one under Rodgers just a shame we havent added silverware, or most of all a title.

Shows the power of money that Man City are so far ahead of our team really, possibly as good as we can be working within FSG financial structure yet still short.

Premier League is proving a force again in Europe and it will take a very good side to beat some of the English teams. I think continents elite will fear drawing City, Spurs or us in particular should Tottenham progress.

Spurs look a real force atm, everyone goes on about Kane but to me Dembele is their main man, he was brilliant again yesterday in Turin.
They have played United, Arsenal, Juventus and us in recent weeks and have looked the better side in every game, they have already beaten Real Madrid this season as well.
It's easy to forget that they finished runners up last year but you can see why.

Yes, and we could do with a few of their players in our squad also!! We should be raiding their squad instead of Southamptons
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:43 pm

Superb win and we were worried we won't do any damage without Coutino.

Absolutely ecstatic for Mane he needed something like that.

Super performance from the lads.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:44 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:47 pm wrote:Why the f*ck are we wearing Orange !

We can't wear our FAMOUS all red kit against a team playing in blue and white   :angry:

f*cking shirt sales over taking our identity   :kungfu:

Orange is our lucky charm we seem to perform well with the dutch kit.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:45 pm

redshade » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:42 am wrote:"I don't know if Porto are going to be afraid but we are going to make their life difficult and make them suffer."  (Bobby Firmino)

Bobby got that spot on.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:50 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:37 pm wrote:

Everyone keeps banging on about Spurs and Pochettino but we're two points ahead of them in the league and in a better position in the Champions League. Personally I think the team and Klopp are not getting enough credit.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:53 pm

We were just too quick for them. Physically superior as well. Looked like a class above them. Glad Mane got a hat-trick as well, he needed that and it will hopefully help him to finally kick start his season. Better late than never.

Also, Dutch kit FTW :buttrock
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:57 pm

redshade » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:43 pm wrote:Superb win and we were worried we won't do any damage without Coutino.

I was never worried about losing Coutinho. We had enough balance in our attack with the Fab three and also bring in the OX or Lallana to compensate for his loss.

I'm not missing him, he's a goner.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:57 pm

Pig Catcher » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:50 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:37 pm wrote:

Everyone keeps banging on about Spurs and Pochettino but we're two points ahead of them in the league and in a better position in the Champions League. Personally I think the team and Klopp are not getting enough credit.

Would you fancy us over 2 legs against them? Personally Id rather draw a big name foreign outfit than them, their midfield is just too strong for ours atm.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:59 pm

I think Spudz would beat us if we got them.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:01 am

We're looking good going forward.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:04 am

Porto's worst ever home defeat. And our first win in Portugal since 1984....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:05 am

bunglemark2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:59 pm wrote:I think Spudz would beat us if we got them.

If we still had Phil I'd fancy us to beat them (we didn't have VVD when they trashed us at Wembley) but as it stands I agree, I think they'd beat us over 2 legs.
To be fair our run in the CL has been pretty cushy as well, Spurs have faced down Real Madrid and Juventus, our toughest opponents have been Seville (who we couldn't beat) and Porto.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:11 am

bunglemark2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:59 pm wrote:I think Spudz would beat us if we got them.

Yup by diving.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games