Porto Vs Liverpool CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 19:45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:23 pm

Porto vs Liverpool Champions League 2nd round first leg 14th Feb 2018 7.45 p.m.

Surprised no thread has been started.

I hope we get a positive result so we make life easier for us. Porto have got some decent players i think there striker is quite prolific, Abubakor.

This will not be easy so i wouldn't mind a 1-1 draw however a 2-0 win would be sweet.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:38 pm

We really need to have a positive start to the game...they will be at our throat from the get go and if we allow an early goal the flood gates might open..If we keep our composure we will get a result.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:44 pm

Obviously, we need to score. Even a draw wouldn't be a disaster, so long as it isn't 0-0. Away goal is a must, if we can score a couple, great.
Porto, top of their league and only conceded 10 goals in 22 league games so it will be a tough night..
I think we'll score at least two tommorow, I'm optimistic. :)
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:49 am

It's important to put these ties to bed in the first leg to avoid big game congestion, Spurs did well to draw against Juve last night but they'll have to throw everything into the reply. Better we attack Porto and try to win 2+-0 so the second leg will be a less intense game.

I know nothing about these lads except that they'll have watched all the videos of how to beat us.

Good luck Reds, let's batter them.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:42 am

"I don't know if Porto are going to be afraid but we are going to make their life difficult and make them suffer."  (Bobby Firmino)
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:56 am

We aren't putting these to bed in this game, maybe at Anfield but I can't see us winning by a 2 goal margin tonight. Hope I'm wrong.

Come on Liverpool!
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:25 pm

Bloody hell it’s been 9 years since we’ve been here! Anyone else feeling anxious?

I don’t feel this team is well equipped to take on seasoned Champion League clubs who are used to winning domestic trophies and playing at this stage of the completion. Don’t think we have the street smarts but still think we’ll get through due to the star quality of our front 3.

We really need that middle 3 to hold it together today. With Can out suspended I’d go with Wijnaldum who can provide a bit more defensive awareness.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:54 pm

A score draw wouldn't be a bad result, A win would be even better so as long as we just don't blow it we will have a good chance in the home leg.
I will have a pop at 2-1 to us  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:57 pm

Pig Catcher » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:25 pm wrote:Bloody hell it’s been 9 years since we’ve been here! Anyone else feeling anxious?

I don’t feel this team is well equipped to take on seasoned Champion League clubs who are used to winning domestic trophies and playing at this stage of the completion. Don’t think we have the street smarts but still think we’ll get through due to the star quality of our front 3.

We really need that middle 3 to hold it together today. With Can out suspended I’d go with Wijnaldum who can provide a bit more defensive awareness.

I would go with Wijnaldum aswel but i think Klopp will go with Ox, Hendo and Milner.

I've heard Porto have got some good quick attackers so our defence will have to be awake. Their main striker however seems to be a doubt.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Our defence might get stretched a bit. It depends how we approach the first half also, we need to come out at a fast pace and press.

Our midfield is a bit light, I'd play Lallana or Ox and wjnaldum.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:44 pm

An away goal would be nice.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:52 pm

If they score first we could be in for a long night  :(

BUT

I'm hoping we're gonna shock Porto with an early blitz

I'm thinking it could be 2-1 or even 3-2 for us   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:53 pm

As is per on any European night I'm excited but nervous,excited because we have all seen what this team is capable of when pushing forward ,nervous because we've all seen this teams deficiencies through the middle when we're pushing forward.

I don't underestimate Porto in any capacity and if they're afforded the time on the ball they can be a potent threat to our campaign,they remind me of Valencia under Benitez and the patterns of play are remarkably similar with all their midfielders equally as comfortable on the ball with Herrera in particular capable of some real intuitive football,in summary Porto has a team scattered with talented South Americans and some seriously composed Portuguese midfielders as well as a formidable forward line.

I'm not suggesting we should look on the task of taking on this team as a daunting one,rather afford them the respect they're due by not dismissing them outright.

However, with that said I expect to see no lapses of concentration and a well drilled display with a well designed and constructed game plan being carried through to the letter with a German like methodicalness.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:17 pm

Liverpool team: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Lovren, Robertson, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Substitutes: Mignolet, Gomez, Moreno, Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ings, Matip.

Milner and Hendo in midfield, hold onto your hats folks, it's gonna be a roller-coaster of a night :)
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:37 pm

Probably score an important away goal or goals but as ever about clean sheets for us, keep one and I reckon we can get it almost done tonight.

I read Porto are exceptional on set plays though so a tough test for back line and Karius.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games