Injection of Experience - Some high profile players availabl

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:10 am

I know JK is molding the team in his own philosophy but I just can't help wondering whether it would actually be wise to inject some much needed experience in the team. These experienced players could provide leadership on and off the field. Imagine if we get to a cup final, the current team is young and inexperienced. They could bottle it like they bottled the two cup finals last season. Now there seem to be some high profile experienced players available (or they have been frozen by their respective managers), Shweinsteiger at Man U and Yaya Toure at Man City. If we could afford one of them... and I feel we could, we should attempt to sign them. Their quality would surely be a help to the team.

What do you think? Discuss...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:07 am

Bloomin eck Mags do you want us to start introducing a few pensioners  :laugh:  :laugh:

Milly 30, Studge 27, Lallana 28, Clyne 25, Coutinho 24, Henderson 26, Firmino 25, Lovren 27, Mignolet 28,Mané 24, Matip 25 and Lucas 29. That's hardly what I would describe as a bunch of inexperienced youngsters. Scope for improvement yes which is certainly happening. At the moment I would not change a lot.

Certainly Sevilla was a big disappointment but I think Kloppo has to hold his hands up for that one as well. The City game however was a different matter and losing on penalties to one of the richest clubs in the world was no disgrace at all.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:37 am

Shweinsteiger and Yaya Toure earn a combined £300k+ a week. Neither are what we need.

However, I'd be tempted to bring Gerrard home as a player coach....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 pm

Dunno who else of that experience is on the market but I certainly wouldn't touch Yaya Toure with a barge pole if it means bringing his agent anywhere near the club
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion