Squad- Who should we keep and boot

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:49 pm

What about who we should bring in? Would love to see Barkley in a red shirt. Will never happen though....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:59 pm

Lucas, Firmino, Lallana, Benteke, Allen and Bogdan can all be shown the door. They add little to our squad.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:35 pm

What are we lacking? Goals To my knowledge we have 5 strikers on our books. Benteke,Origi,Ings,Sturridge,Balotelli. Sturridge is a liability and can not be counted on there is NO POINT in having a player that we can rule out picking for more than half a season. If we can get anything around 10 I would sell him in a heartbeat. Benteke is lazy and can only play one way and that is not the way we are playing, Maybe if we had markovic back from his loan spell then we could see more from benteke but at the moment for 32.5 million it is not good enough. Origi and Ings both showed promise before both getting injured is a shame as we saw today there was no body to bring on to change it. I don't see Balotelli having a future with us as simple as.

Who to bring in? Whether it be possible or not I would be going for Remy as soon as that final whistle went today better than all our strikers for me and criminally underused at Chelsea

Sell Sturridge and Balotelli bring in Remy

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:10 pm

LFC1990 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:35 pm wrote:What are we lacking? Goals To my knowledge we have 5 strikers on our books. Benteke,Origi,Ings,Sturridge,Balotelli. Sturridge is a liability and can not be counted on there is NO POINT in having a player that we can rule out picking for more than half a season. If we can get anything around 10 I would sell him in a heartbeat. Benteke is lazy and can only play one way and that is not the way we are playing, Maybe if we had markovic back from his loan spell then we could see more from benteke but at the moment for 32.5 million it is not good enough. Origi and Ings both showed promise before both getting injured is a shame as we saw today there was no body to bring on to change it. I don't see Balotelli having a future with us as simple as.

Who to bring in? Whether it be possible or not I would be going for Remy as soon as that final whistle went today better than all our strikers for me and criminally underused at Chelsea

Sell Sturridge and Balotelli bring in Remy

Its not just about strikers to score goals they need supply, we are awful in central midfield, we desperately lack quality passers and athleticism we also have no one to cross to Benteke which makes it even more puzzling why he was signed. Selling for Sturridge for 10 million is just madness, what do we gain out of that, all we are doing is providing a potential bargain to a rival, fit or not he needs to stay.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:13 pm

Our midfield is the worst for 20 years. No ideas or creativity in the middle or wide. Coutinho works some days, but he's been off ever since the Southampton game.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:01 pm

Problem is mate we've got no real leader. Hendo is decent but imo i dont feel he has the charisma of a captain.
I really dont know whats up with Coutinho. Maybe his heart is elsewhere.
We are lacking creativity bigtime. Thats why i would like to see Texiera given a run in. Lets see what the lad can offer.
This season will be up and down so why not give tex a chance. The lad doesn't even make the bench.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion