RIP - Cilla Black

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby C-R » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:39 pm

Surprise Surprise and Blind Date star Cilla Black has died aged 72, it was reported today.

Cilla, who also had two number one singles at the start of a showbiz career stretching over 50 years, died in Spain.

The sad news was confirmed by her good friend Paul O’Grady.

A police officer was seen out her home in Estepona, Costa del Sol.

Most of the shutters were down at Cilla Black’s house near Marbella this morning.

A police officer was stood outside the front of the property before driving off in a Seat Alhambra car around midday local time.

Cilla, who often flew to Spain in the summer months, also had homes in London, Buckinghamsire and Barbados.

The Liverpool-born star was championed by The Beatles and enjoyed eleven top ten hits including chart-toppers Anyone Who Had a Heart and You're My World.

Last year she spoke to the Mirror about growing older, saying: “Seventy-five is a good age to go.

“If things are starting to drop off – like the hearing – and I’ve got twinges in the morning, I do think that.”

Cilla was married for 30 years to her manager Bobby Willis until he died in 1999 of lung cancer, aged just 57, leaving her bereft.

She leaves three sons, Robert, Ben and Jack, as well as two grandchildren.

The iconic British star, who was famous for her music career as well as her Surprise Surprise show, passed away this weekend although details remain unknown at this time.

Highly regarded for as a pioneer for women in media, Black went on to host more than 500 editions of her programmes and was the first woman to have her own prime-time chat show on BBC One.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:36 pm

sad news but she had a remarkable life, to go from the grinding poverty of post war Scotty Road to the highest paid woman on British television is like something out of a fairy story. She had the biggest selling single by a female artist in the 60's and counted the likes of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr as personal friends.
RIP Cilla.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:38 pm

Will always be remembered. a proper scouse girl who never forgot her roots.

R.I.P Cill

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:16 pm

Very sad, RIP Cilla
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:22 am

woof woof ! » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:38 pm wrote:Will always be remembered. a proper scouse girl who never forgot her roots.

R.I.P Cill

Not sure if your saying that with a tounge firmly in the cheek or not but her roots where long since forgotten and she was a staunch supporter of Tories and their policies, hardly souse roots like
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:37 am

Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:22 am wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:38 pm wrote:Will always be remembered. a proper scouse girl who never forgot her roots.

R.I.P Cill

Not sure if your saying that with a tounge firmly in the cheek or not but her roots where long since forgotten and she was a staunch supporter of Tories and their policies, hardly souse roots like

I put politics aside on this one mate, she was proud of where she came from is all I'm sayin'.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Return to General Chat Forum