Black moor - Fish.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:48 am

My lad collects fish, he has two tanks, one downstairs and one upstairs in his bedroom now the upstairs one has tropical fish in it, and the one downstairs has normal ones, you know goldfish, fantails and a black moor.

When we first got the black moor I thought it was one ugly fish, the boggly eyes dont help and the fact is was jet black made it look ugly. Over time though, as it grew, it grew on me. The tail became awesome and now it is the best looking fish we have !

Heres a photo...
Black Moor.

I had to show it as it looks awesome ! and also for advice as to what other fish we can add to this tank that would compliment it.

We have recently changed tanks to a bigger one and so plenty more space. Tropical fish suggestions also welcome as that tank looks pretty bare with the tiny Neon Tetras in it.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:35 am

Get a balla shark. Those are pretty sweet fish.. Look smaller than your black moor there.  My bro used to have a big fish tank and he loved his balla shark.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:44 am

ethanr wrote:Get a balla shark. Those are pretty sweet fish.. Look smaller than your black moor there.  My bro used to have a big fish tank and he loved his balla shark.

They look awesome, I will definately look into that one.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:17 am

Get a bristlesnose catfish for the tropical if its a community tank.
They are cool fish and do a great job of cleaning the tank
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:53 am

Get a Piranha and put it in your largest tanks with all the other fish, and see how that goes
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:25 am

metalhead is the new dawson
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:54 pm

dawson is the new me :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:39 pm

laza wrote:Get a bristlesnose catfish for the tropical if its a community tank.
They are cool fish and do a great job of cleaning the tank

We have a normal catfish and a plecko, them two do a good job of keeping it clean. We lost quite a few in that tank when it was first set up. The heater broke down and we lost 2 angel fish, 5 neon tetras, 3 guppies and one yellow suckling. That put my kid in a right mood !
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:28 am

Kharhaz wrote:We have a normal catfish and a plecko, them two do a good job of keeping it clean. We lost quite a few in that tank when it was first set up. The heater broke down and we lost 2 angel fish, 5 neon tetras, 3 guppies and one yellow suckling. That put my kid in a right mood !

Plecko's are good

Yeah I lost a few when first setup tank even after the nitrogen cycle including a Angelfish.

Though that turn out to be a blessing in disguise as he was fundamentalist Angelfish. After he went belly up, Catfish, loaches, Danios and swordtails became far more active in the tank
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:19 pm

I got barbed by a catfish and feck I've never felt pain like it, I'd rather be kicked in the nuts with steel toe cap DM's than feel pain like that again.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Return to General Chat Forum