Summer Transfers

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:32 pm

johnbarnes » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:18 pm wrote:I know I briefly mentioned my reservations about that lineup in a different thread so I'll try to clarify it in a bit more detail here. The game is all about opinions and who knows, that lineup might actually work !

- 3 at the back. Last side to play 3 at the back well was Roma when they had Cafu and Candela. No
- E.Can playing CB again. He did okay (I wouldnt say he impressed) in the position but I wouldnt wanna see him there for a whole season any more than he would like it. No
- Llori being a regular ahead of Skrtel from day 1. No
- Ibe starting regularly as a wingback. No
- Markovic as a left wingback (or left anything, or starter). No
- Lucas as a starter. No
- Kovacic holding midfielder. No
- Yarmalenko as a signing to play centrally (especially considering we have Kovacic and Coutinho also in the side). No
- Sturridge (our best player imo) out of the starting 11. No

I'd go for a 4-3-1-2 or a variation of a 4-4-2 (diamond preferably).

Mingolet

RB (Flanagan)          Skrtel(Toure)          Sakho(Llori)          Moreno(Enrique)

Henderson(Can)      Gundogan(Allen)         Milner(Lallana)

Coutinho(Markovic)

Sturridge(Ings)        Jovetic(Balotelli)

Can't really put together a constructed argument against that team above.
Out of interest ACE who would you like to see brought in at RB?
[/quote]

I wouldnt mind Clyne to be honest. Ideally, we'd be looking at better value than what we're likely to spend on him (Montoya, Piszczek , Vidal who signed for Barca, etc.) but we probably wont.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:08 pm

aCe' » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:32 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:18 pm wrote:I know I briefly mentioned my reservations about that lineup in a different thread so I'll try to clarify it in a bit more detail here. The game is all about opinions and who knows, that lineup might actually work !

- 3 at the back. Last side to play 3 at the back well was Roma when they had Cafu and Candela. No
- E.Can playing CB again. He did okay (I wouldnt say he impressed) in the position but I wouldnt wanna see him there for a whole season any more than he would like it. No
- Llori being a regular ahead of Skrtel from day 1. No
- Ibe starting regularly as a wingback. No
- Markovic as a left wingback (or left anything, or starter). No
- Lucas as a starter. No
- Kovacic holding midfielder. No
- Yarmalenko as a signing to play centrally (especially considering we have Kovacic and Coutinho also in the side). No
- Sturridge (our best player imo) out of the starting 11. No

I'd go for a 4-3-1-2 or a variation of a 4-4-2 (diamond preferably).

Mingolet

RB (Flanagan)          Skrtel(Toure)          Sakho(Llori)          Moreno(Enrique)

Henderson(Can)      Gundogan(Allen)         Milner(Lallana)

Coutinho(Markovic)

Sturridge(Ings)        Jovetic(Balotelli)

Can't really put together a constructed argument against that team above.
Out of interest ACE who would you like to see brought in at RB?

I wouldnt mind Clyne to be honest. Ideally, we'd be looking at better value than what we're likely to spend on him (Montoya, Piszczek , Vidal who signed for Barca, etc.) but we probably wont.[/quote]

It would be interesting to see Jovetic in a red shirt. Got the potential to be a world beater...
Can't see anything happening with Gundogan but would also be a nice addition.
Ideally imo I'd like to see Allen (who's had more time than a clock to show his qualities) shown the exit door and give this heavily rumoured Kovacic a go.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:38 pm

Didn't want to start a new thread. But how would you grade our summer transfers so far?

I would give it a B+.

Pros:
- added a proven premier league striker, an England U-21 striker, an England international right-back, which is taking care of 2 weak areas for us.
- added an exciting attacking/ play making prospect in Firmino.
- added a very good experienced player in Milner, making up for the lack of experience in the squad due to Gerrard leaving...

Cons:
- still have not addressed our weak spine. IE a good CM, a good CB and perhaps a better GK.
- have too many dead wood and stack of players in positions like AM and wingers.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:05 pm

I'd give it a C potentially rising to B if the players with potential actually reach it.  :D
Clyne is an Improvement over Johnson.
Milner is also a good signing but I have reservations about what promises he got to sign. It appears to be his choice of position which might not benefit the team as much as him.
Benteke is another good player who can score so hopefully he fits in with whatever system we go with.

They are all starters which for me was important .

Origi - 4th choice is about it.
Ings - 3rd choice.
Gomez - Mighty impressed with this lad but he is not a starter in the Prem for me.
Bogdan - Not an improvement over jones.

None of these are starters but some have given us options from the bench.

I know nothing of Firmino other than the game and a half I seen him play for brazil after he signed. He wasn't great IMO and although Brazil were defensive he couldn't force or create anything when they did get forward. Its very little to judge him on I know and I am hopeful he rips the league apart but a part of me thinks he could go like markovic. He is certainly no suarez but hopefully a player for us all the same.

Only about 17 days to go and I can't wait  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion