Maddy mccann, - Is it just me?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:53 pm

The Good Yank » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:23 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:27 pm wrote:I can only view it as parents who have lost a child ,something completely horrifying to even contemplate let alone find yourself
living out ....I mean the concept of someone taking your baby ,and then throughout your grieving having to live constantly in
the glare of the media cameras, and endure the constant speculation and conjecture of so called experts must be soul destroying.

They must go home at night and scream the kind of scream that makes no sound over the clicking of the jaw.....I mean imagine
living with the fact you left your child alone ,one mistake that would completely alienate you from the loving families up and down
England who would shiver at the very suggestion.... Conscience is a killer ,and the severity of the punishment handed out to this
couple for their transgression and negligence in leaving their child alone will haunt them till the day they die.

going to reply to this and Stu in this post.

RBG I totally understand where you are coming from.  I stated earlier that I was sympathetic to the Mcanns and it was for this very reason.  The thought of losing a child is something that every parent thinks of...always (at least as far as the friends I have.  There are nights where I simply can't sleep because all sorts of scenarios run through my head of something awful or , given my condition (which is going well) my kids either getting some sort of disease that is incurable .  This is why, if the McCanns had nothing to do with the disappearance of their daughter, I feel sympathy for them. 

Stu, I don't know anything about you, but if you are a single guy without kids, I don't think you can quite understand the level of love that comes with being a parent. When my wife was pregnant with my second and third I would lay in bed thinking "How can I possibly love someone as much as I love my child"   but when you see the newborn baby it just clicks.  You love that baby just as much as your others.  This is why I sympathize.  I know not everyone in the world takes parenting as seriously.  but in these circumstances I at least like to think they did.

Listen, I have no absolutely no issues with what you're saying... but I don't "believe you have to be a parent" (I'm not) to understand loss. I can very much imagine how painful it would be.

That is also the reason why I am 100% convinced what they done is absolute neglect. I feel bad enough leaving my gog at home alone when I go to work for a few hours, let alone leaving a baby alone.

I just can't for the life of me understand that thought process. It quite frankly discusts me and I believe they should have been behind bars because of this.

How can a parent, (as you describe) be so selfish? I bet you wouldn't leave your kids in the same way!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:04 pm

StuYesThatStu » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:53 pm wrote:
How can a parent, (as you describe) be so selfish? I bet you wouldn't leave your kids in the same way!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Stu, maybe because you're not a parent you fail to understand that at times for just a one hour break from parenting some of us would happily leave you in the care of any passing Gypsy caravan.   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:16 am

StuYesThatStu » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:53 pm wrote:
The Good Yank » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:23 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:27 pm wrote:I can only view it as parents who have lost a child ,something completely horrifying to even contemplate let alone find yourself
living out ....I mean the concept of someone taking your baby ,and then throughout your grieving having to live constantly in
the glare of the media cameras, and endure the constant speculation and conjecture of so called experts must be soul destroying.

They must go home at night and scream the kind of scream that makes no sound over the clicking of the jaw.....I mean imagine
living with the fact you left your child alone ,one mistake that would completely alienate you from the loving families up and down
England who would shiver at the very suggestion.... Conscience is a killer ,and the severity of the punishment handed out to this
couple for their transgression and negligence in leaving their child alone will haunt them till the day they die.

going to reply to this and Stu in this post.

RBG I totally understand where you are coming from.  I stated earlier that I was sympathetic to the Mcanns and it was for this very reason.  The thought of losing a child is something that every parent thinks of...always (at least as far as the friends I have.  There are nights where I simply can't sleep because all sorts of scenarios run through my head of something awful or , given my condition (which is going well) my kids either getting some sort of disease that is incurable .  This is why, if the McCanns had nothing to do with the disappearance of their daughter, I feel sympathy for them. 

Stu, I don't know anything about you, but if you are a single guy without kids, I don't think you can quite understand the level of love that comes with being a parent. When my wife was pregnant with my second and third I would lay in bed thinking "How can I possibly love someone as much as I love my child"   but when you see the newborn baby it just clicks.  You love that baby just as much as your others.  This is why I sympathize.  I know not everyone in the world takes parenting as seriously.  but in these circumstances I at least like to think they did.

Listen, I have no absolutely no issues with what you're saying... but I don't "believe you have to be a parent" (I'm not) to understand loss. I can very much imagine how painful it would be.

That is also the reason why I am 100% convinced what they done is absolute neglect. I feel bad enough leaving my gog at home alone when I go to work for a few hours, let alone leaving a baby alone.

I just can't for the life of me understand that thought process. It quite frankly discusts me and I believe they should have been behind bars because of this.

Yeah mate, totally agree with you on the whole neglect issue.  As I alluded to in my earlier post I have 3.  Eldest is 13 youngest is 8.  I live in a nice quiet suburb.  I will be sitting at my neighbor's house (actually their back patio) hanging out around the fire pit and situate myself so I can still see my front door.  Just now am I and my wife being comfortable with doing such.  Don't get me wrong, I love to have a good time with my friends.  We simply put our parenting responsibilities ahead of any leisure activities.  Simple common sense tells you not to leave a three year old alone.  Even if she is asleep.  No matter what circumstances.  You just don't do it. 

10 years ago while sitting on that same patio and having the same view of my front door, leaving my daughter in the house was not even an option.  If she was tired and wanted to go to bed either my wife or I would be home.  We would even take it in shifts.  But one of us would always be in the house.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:42 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:04 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:53 pm wrote:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Stu, maybe because you're not a parent you fail to understand that at times for just a one hour break from parenting some of us would happily leave you in the care of any passing Gypsy caravan.   :D

:no

T*ss*r!

:D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum