Maddy mccann, - Is it just me?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:47 pm

StuYesThatStu » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:45 pm wrote:
devaney » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:49 pm wrote:Damjan mate lets just say you won't be getting the job to babysit my adorable granddaughter. You maybe right that third world attitudes are different and that makes it more difficult for you to understand the reaction of people in the UK and the media.Leaving babies and a three year old unattended for any length of time without an adult in attendance on the same premises and within earshot is completely unacceptable.

The parents have paid an incredibly high price for their stupidity and it is something they will have to live with for the rest of their lives regardless of whether Madeleine is found or not. I don't subscribe to the theories that the parents are responsible for her disappearance.

Something somehwere doesn't sit right with the case. I'm not sure what, but something smells funny.

The parents for me needed locking up as soon as this came to light. You describe it as a high price to pay, I disagree with that notion. I firmly believe if you're going to do something so stupid, then you deserve whatever is thrown at you. I have absolutely no sympathy for them what so ever.

What doesn't sit right with me is the way they have managed to milk the situation, how they have managed to shut up any doubts that they are involved, and how the funds raised to find maddie have been used to clear the debts that they had. When she first went missing, they visited the pope, then travelled to the white house. Why?
If any of my kids went missing I wouldn't have left that country until they were found, indeed I would have scoured the streets to try find them. I certainly wouldn't have give a sh!t about seeing the pope. I would have let the police take everything associated with my kid for forensics, I wouldn't throw them in the washing machine. And what about the two dogs who have a 100% record when it comes to helping solve crimes? One detected blood and one detected death, they both went nuts in that apartment and the car the McCanns hired, but they were dismissed. Why?

A lot of things add up to simple bs by the McCanns and the so called witnesses.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:05 am

Stu I don't know what higher price anybody could pay for committing an act of stupidity than losing their child. To be honest I find some of the comments and conspiracy theories on this thread thoroughly distasteful. Do we know all the facts to fully assess the situation? No we don't. And it is for that reason that I won't try and guess what may or may not have happened.

For somebody to suggest that they almost embezzled money from the support fund for their own good is quite incredible. They have made a terrible mistake and they have done everything possible to keep Madeleine's disappearance at the forefront of people's minds. Visiting the White House and the Pope were very affective ways of achieving this.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:49 am

devaney » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:05 am wrote:Stu I don't know what higher price anybody could pay for committing an act of stupidity than losing their child. To be honest I find some of the comments and conspiracy theories on this thread thoroughly distasteful. Do we know all the facts to fully assess the situation? No we don't. And it is for that reason that I won't try and guess what may or may not have happened.

For somebody to suggest that they almost embezzled money from the support fund for their own good is quite incredible. They have made a terrible mistake and they have done everything possible to keep Madeleine's disappearance at the forefront of people's minds. Visiting the White House and the Pope were very affective ways of achieving this.

Fact 1: The government intervened in this case in Portugal once the McCanns were under suspicion.

Fact 2: The McCanns have taken money from the fund to pay off their mortgage.

Fact 3: A person said to be found carrying Maddy McCann at the time she went missing was Gerry McCann. Look it up, that fact is overlooked many times.

Fact 4: Crimewatch recently showed a new timeline of events. This means that the statements given by the tapas 9 were fabricated.

Fact 5: Kate McCann insisted the doors were locked when Maddy went missing, and yet no sign of a break in was found.

Fact 6: The McCanns have hired Spin Doctors.

Need I go on?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:21 am

Do you honestly think that the those reviewing the case in detail would now bury information if they found the McCann's were involved and be able to keep in away from the media? Sorry i just can't accept that.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:02 pm

Khahaz - You state that the McCann's paid off their mortgage when the actually likelihood is that they used the funds for living expenses when neither of them were working. From what I have read they used some of the funds to pay some overdue instalments on their mortgage and that is very different from paying off their mortgage.  This is just one example of the point that I was making that we really do not know all the facts. May I respectfully suggest that you make sure that all of your facts are correct before you draw such distasteful conclusions.

And no you don't need to go on unless you can accurately substantiate what you are saying.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:27 pm

I can only view it as parents who have lost a child ,something completely horrifying to even contemplate let alone find yourself
living out ....I mean the concept of someone taking your baby ,and then throughout your grieving having to live constantly in
the glare of the media cameras, and endure the constant speculation and conjecture of so called experts must be soul destroying.

They must go home at night and scream the kind of scream that makes no sound over the clicking of the jaw.....I mean imagine
living with the fact you left your child alone ,one mistake that would completely alienate you from the loving families up and down
England who would shiver at the very suggestion.... Conscience is a killer ,and the severity of the punishment handed out to this
couple for their transgression and negligence in leaving their child alone will haunt them till the day they die.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:32 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:27 pm wrote:I can only view it as parents who have lost a child ,something completely horrifying to even contemplate let alone find yourself
living out ....I mean the concept of someone taking your baby ,and then throughout your grieving having to live constantly in
the glare of the media cameras, and endure the constant speculation and conjecture of so called experts must be soul destroying.

They must go home at night and scream the kind of scream that makes no sound over the clicking of the jaw.....I mean imagine
living with the fact you left your child alone ,one mistake that would completely alienate you from the loving families up and down
England who would shiver at the very suggestion.... Conscience is a killer ,and the severity of the punishment handed out to this
couple for their transgression and negligence in leaving their child alone will haunt them till the day they die.

If that's the case then so it should.

There is a difference, in a mistake, and doing what they done.

Had they "popped to the shop" across the street for a minute then maybe I'd share that point of view. If they were outside the property on a balcony or backyard... again, I'd share that point of view. There are many different circumstances where it could be classed as a mistake.

This isn't one of them.

The fact is, they left the kids alone in a foreign country and in a foreign property for prolonged periods of time because they were incredibley selfish.... What they done with those kids was f*cking ridiculous and if someone done that with anyone in my family of a similar age I'd want them locking up.

Came back to check "every ten minutes" my f*cking backside. More like once or twice between getting ***** more like!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:47 pm

I have 4 possible theories and ill list them from most likely to least likely. 

1)  She was abducted and it was well planned.  This seems the most likely given the various accounts of dodgy people hanging around during the day etc.  Its also the route that all the detectives with much more details than us seem to be following.

People were probably watching them and knew when they'd be going out and what time to enter.  If it was planned well, she could have already been far far away before the police arrived.

2)  She was abducted and one of the Mccann's friends helped.

There has never been too much mention of the Mccann's friends being involved... I never understood why. 
They would have known Kate and Gerry's movements better than anyone.  Also, one of them checked the apartment but can't confirm whether Maddie was definitely there or not?  Obviously the detectives know more than me but I'd be very interested in their accounts. 

A planned abduction with an insider helping... am i watching too many movies?

3)  The Mccann's did it and their friends knew nothing.

A lot of evidence points to this.  Mainly the dogs finding the blood etc in the apartment and in the boot of the car. 
The main Portuguese detective is all but convinced that it was them.

I find this hard to believe though.  How could they have possibly kept their friends in the dark.
Unless of course it happened far earlier in the day... it was Gerry that first checked on her.  The friend never confirmed seeing Maddie.  And then Kate noticed her missing.  Technically, she could have been killed far earlier before the Mccann's even went out for dinner.  I don't recall when the last sighting of Maddie was made that wasn't by Kate or Gerry? 

I don't think it can be fully ruled out but the detectives don't seem interested in them at all.

4) The Mccann's did it and all their friends knew it.

I think this is highly unlikely.  How or why would they all decide to make up stories and cover it up.
What would the friends have gained from this?

One final note, the dogs found Maddie's blood in the boot of the car that they hired 3 weeks later.  Did they ever check the records and find out who had the car the night of her disappearance.  Obviously it would be a huge coincidence to rent the car your daughter was killed in but surely worth looking into...
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:52 pm

If they were involved why are they keeping it in the spotlight, wouldn't they just let it become low profile
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:36 pm

Jacdaniel - You have certainly given this a lot of thought. I must admit the issue of the blood in the hire car and the friend saying they didn't check on/or see Maddie do cause me a degree of concern. Why did the friend go to the apartment if not to check on the children. Very odd. Struggle to believe that the McCann's were involved given the determination to keep Maddie in the public eye and I certainly don't subscribe to the view that one of them was involved without the other knowing. All very sad.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:04 pm

He did go to check on Maddie but can't remember seeing her when he went to check but can remember seeing the twins
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:47 pm

StuYesThatStu » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:32 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:27 pm wrote:I can only view it as parents who have lost a child ,something completely horrifying to even contemplate let alone find yourself

Had they "popped to the shop" across the street for a minute then maybe I'd share that point of view. If they were outside the property on a balcony or backyard... again, I'd share that point of view. There are many different circumstances where it could be classed as a mistake.

This isn't one of them.

The fact is, they left the kids alone in a foreign country and in a foreign property for prolonged periods of time because they were incredibley selfish.... What they done with those kids was f*cking ridiculous and if someone done that with anyone in my family of a similar age I'd want them locking up.

Came back to check "every ten minutes" my f*cking backside. More like once or twice between getting ***** more like!

I'm glad for you ,I'm glad you have it all worked out fella ,I'm chuffed your so convinced of their respective guilt ,but for me personally I simply couldn't
envisage losing any of my kids because the hurt would be unbearable ,so for that reason I am simply not willing to add to the rest of the ballbags in a
Sherlock hat who believe they've got this all figured out ..... I believe the saying is 'Innocent until proven guilty ' and until such time as the evidence
is irrefutable I will not pass judgement.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:07 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:47 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:32 pm wrote:

This isn't one of them.

I'm glad for you ,I'm glad you have it all worked out fella ,I'm chuffed your so convinced of their respective guilt ,but for me personally I simply couldn't
envisage losing any of my kids because the hurt would be unbearable ,so for that reason I am simply not willing to add to the rest of the ballbags in a
Sherlock hat who believe they've got this all figured out ..... I believe the saying is 'Innocent until proven guilty ' and until such time as the evidence
is irrefutable I will not pass judgement.

No I think you mis-understand me Red, I'm not sure of their guilt in actually doing anything to maddy. Not even close, suspicious yes, but not sure in any way.

I am 100% convinced they are guilty of neglect however. That is what I was refering too.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:23 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:27 pm wrote:I can only view it as parents who have lost a child ,something completely horrifying to even contemplate let alone find yourself

going to reply to this and Stu in this post.

RBG I totally understand where you are coming from.  I stated earlier that I was sympathetic to the Mcanns and it was for this very reason.  The thought of losing a child is something that every parent thinks of...always (at least as far as the friends I have.  There are nights where I simply can't sleep because all sorts of scenarios run through my head of something awful or , given my condition (which is going well) my kids either getting some sort of disease that is incurable .  This is why, if the McCanns had nothing to do with the disappearance of their daughter, I feel sympathy for them. 

Stu, I don't know anything about you, but if you are a single guy without kids, I don't think you can quite understand the level of love that comes with being a parent. When my wife was pregnant with my second and third I would lay in bed thinking "How can I possibly love someone as much as I love my child"   but when you see the newborn baby it just clicks.  You love that baby just as much as your others.  This is why I sympathize.  I know not everyone in the world takes parenting as seriously.  but in these circumstances I at least like to think they did.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:33 am

Totally agree with The Good Yank and RBG. As I have previously stated the punishment that the McCann's have received for their actions can simply be no greater. The finger pointing and conjecture is extremely distasteful and something I wish to be no part of.

I actually thought Stuart Hall was innocent and had been wrongly accused. It is very easy to come to the incorrect conclusion based on limited facts.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext